IGNORED

Belgians looking for a Bristol pub guide before and after Rotherham United game

44 minutes ago, Club Bruges fan said:

Hey Harry,

We have a massive rivalry with Antwerp.

Our biggest rivals are Anderlecht, but since Antwerp is back in the top league, they're a close second.

It's especially Antwerp that hates our guts.

This rivalry is fueled by the fact that the presidents of both clubs are real estate tycoons who hate eachother to the bone.

The president of Antwerp tried to build the national stadium, but was blocked by the president of Club Bruges influence in the board of the football federation.

The president of Club Bruges tried to build a new stadium for Club Bruges, but was blocked by the fact the Antwerp president bought land bourdering the new stadium ground, just to block the permit...

If your friends are proper Antwerp fans, they wouldn't want to be in the same room with us.  That's how deep it goes.

Thanks for the info, btw.

I'm sure we'll visit one or more  of your famous pubs 🙂

That sort of pettiness is incredible! Love it.

23 hours ago, Club Bruges fan said:

Dear Bristol City Fans,

We are 4 Belgians (in our late thirties) visiting your lovely city the last weekend of april.

As we are massive football fans, we bought tickets for the Rotherham United Game (Dolman Stand seats). 

As our passion for beer even exceeds our passion for football, we're looking for a Bristol City legend(s) to show us the Bristol City FC pub life before, during and (god willing) after the game.

Beers, snacks and tales of heroic football games are on us + an invite to do the same in Bruges for the next Club Bruges game.

Please let us know by replying on this post, or contacting me on whatsapp +32498760835.

Thanks for considering our request.

Bart, Bruno, Thomas & Frederic

Depends what you’re after, but if you want a proper Bristol pub experience then pretty much any of these on East or West Street:

Little Grosvenor, Barley Mow, White Hart, Jolly Colliers, London Inn, Three Lions.

The Masonic also on North Street.

A pint in most of those will also cost about £3.50, sometimes less.

Otherwise I’d echo others who have recommended The Mardyke, The Bear and The Merchants Arms which are all great pubs.

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

This thread has enough information to have a great time in our great city.

It almost seems a shame to have to squeeze Bristol City v Rotherham into the day

If I do half the pubs that have been mentioned in this post there would be no way I would make the game ( lately perhaps that’s a good thing ) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1