IGNORED

Marlon celebrating promotion photo.

Big Cheese

• The title was changed to Marlon celebrating promotion photo.

That throughball to Bryan in the Manure game was the most exquisite pass I've ever seen at AG - the angle he had to turn his foot to deliver it and then hit it with the right amount of pace for JB to run on to was a real highlight - he inspired my son to become a midfielder!

• Like 10

13 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I think Aden split up with Mrs Pack’s sister and started going out with Chanel Cresswell (actress).  

I played with Marlon and Aden in the BCFC golf day a few years ago.

Aden - loud, very full of himself, as expected....

Marlon - pretty quiet, reserved, and a genuinely nice guy. A pleasure to be with.

Both were dog toffee at golf.......  😆

• Like 1

I don’t mean to offend but why does anyone care about Marlon pack . He left and went to the only rivals we’ve had for the last 20 odd years . I don’t think you’d find another club who would keep ranting on about ex players who left them to go to a rival club ( for example Bobby Reid and pack) .

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Winterstoke toad said:

I don’t mean to offend but why does anyone care about Marlon pack . He left and went to the only rivals we’ve had for the last 20 odd years . I don’t think you’d find another club who would keep ranting on about ex players who left them to go to a rival club ( for example Bobby Reid and pack) .

Completely agree. We have this insane fascination with ex-players who don't care about us, and do little for those who actually love the club. Marlon Pack was a good player for us, played for the Welsh, now plays for a club with nowt to do with us.

From Scott to Semenyo we seem satisfied with players going on to better things after playing for us, but also want ex-players who we know aren't good enough for City to do well. I hate it, it's a weak mentality. Hope we batter the shit out of them when we meet them next year. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Completely agree. We have this insane fascination with ex-players who don't care about us, and do little for those who actually love the club. Marlon Pack was a good player for us, played for the Welsh, now plays for a club with nowt to do with us.

From Scott to Semenyo we seem satisfied with players going on to better things after playing for us, but also want ex-players who we know aren't good enough for City to do well. I hate it, it's a weak mentality. Hope we batter the shit out of them when we meet them next year. 

I’m glad I’m not the only one . The one tthat gets me the most is the people who love Bobby Reid who’s from Bristol but supports Liverpool and jumped ship at the first chance possible to Cardiff , such a tinpot mentality from our fan base .

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

44 minutes ago, Winterstoke toad said:

I’m glad I’m not the only one . The one tthat gets me the most is the people who love Bobby Reid who’s from Bristol but supports Liverpool and jumped ship at the first chance possible to Cardiff , such a tinpot mentality from our fan base .

He's not the first and he won't be the last. Proud Bristolian Bobby Reid jumped ship as soon as he could. Why on earth do we care about humans who don't give a shit about the collective at Bristol City? For me, anyone who has left Bristol City for greener pastures should be the arch-nemesis, yet we consistently lump them amongst our heroes - what bizarre pathology has befallen us where we gladly wish the success of former players at better clubs?

I'm friendly with Joe Jordan as it goes, and recently he spoke about the same thing. Pathetic adoration of what will be a footnote in the history of our proud club.

Legends are ignored, people who don't give a shit about the club are anointed as heroes.

Pathetic.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Winterstoke toad said:

Probably because he was part of a league title winning team and we don’t have many of those. As for Cardiff, we chose to sell him there and I’m not aware that he was looking to leave us.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

He's not the first and he won't be the last. Proud Bristolian Bobby Reid jumped ship as soon as he could. Why on earth do we care about humans who don't give a shit about the collective at Bristol City? For me, anyone who has left Bristol City for greener pastures should be the arch-nemesis, yet we consistently lump them amongst our heroes - what bizarre pathology has befallen us where we gladly wish the success of former players at better clubs?

I'm friendly with Joe Jordan as it goes, and recently he spoke about the same thing. Pathetic adoration of what will be a footnote in the history of our proud club.

Legends are ignored, people who don't give a shit about the club are anointed as heroes.

Pathetic.

So players who better themselves are the enemy? The ones we spit out aren't good enough to be heroes. So that leaves the bang average ones to be legends?

Seems a bit strange to me

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chalkeyred said:

I played with Marlon and Aden in the BCFC golf day a few years ago.

Aden - loud, very full of himself, as expected....

Marlon - pretty quiet, reserved, and a genuinely nice guy. A pleasure to be with.

Both were dog toffee at golf.......  😆

I remember seeing flint in bnm when he first signed for Cardiff, he really stood out and was in my way politely asked him to move over so I could get past his city reject legs ❤️❤️