IGNORED

Marlon celebrating promotion photo.

Big Cheese

11 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

He's not the first and he won't be the last. Proud Bristolian Bobby Reid jumped ship as soon as he could. Why on earth do we care about humans who don't give a shit about the collective at Bristol City? For me, anyone who has left Bristol City for greener pastures should be the arch-nemesis, yet we consistently lump them amongst our heroes - what bizarre pathology has befallen us where we gladly wish the success of former players at better clubs?

I'm friendly with Joe Jordan as it goes, and recently he spoke about the same thing. Pathetic adoration of what will be a footnote in the history of our proud club.

Legends are ignored, people who don't give a shit about the club are anointed as heroes.

Pathetic.

12 hours ago, Winterstoke toad said:

I’m glad I’m not the only one . The one tthat gets me the most is the people who love Bobby Reid who’s from Bristol but supports Liverpool and jumped ship at the first chance possible to Cardiff , such a tinpot mentality from our fan base .

Some people have an interest in what ex-players are doing (i don't see any hero worship or fascination as is being claimed). I think that's fine. It's also fine if you don't have any interest.

What is odd is that you and others have come on to a thread that is clearly about an ex-player, (even though you have no interest) and got all upset.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bob Turnip said:

Some people have an interest in what ex-players are doing (i don't see any hero worship or fascination as is being claimed). I think that's fine. It's also fine if you don't have any interest.

What is odd is that you and others have come on to a thread that is clearly about an ex-player, (even though you have no interest) and got all upset.

Reminds me of Ricky Gervais and guitar lessons:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L3dxMGzt5mU

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Winterstoke toad said:

I don’t mean to offend but why does anyone care about Marlon pack . He left and went to the only rivals we’ve had for the last 20 odd years . I don’t think you’d find another club who would keep ranting on about ex players who left them to go to a rival club ( for example Bobby Reid and pack) .

Pretty much rushed/heavily nudged out by MA after realising we had about 8 CMs to try and fit into a 2 man CM partnership after his ego brought in Nagy & Massengo. Doubled his salary at Cardiff, didn’t need to uproot his family. 

Absolute no brainer!

• Like 2