IGNORED

Tyreeq Bakinson out of favour….again!

Bobs Dad

• The title was changed to Tyreeq Bakinson out of favour….again!

When he started playing regularly for the City first team he looked as though he had a great career ahead of him. Then it went pear shaped. It can’t be ability as he demonstrated he had it. As with a lot of jobs you need more than natural ability to be successful 

I really think he has talent, but whether bad attitude , laziness or just a bit of a Billy Big Suds he does seem to have to move on a lot. You kind of hope that one time would be a wake up call and he'd make the most of his talent. 
Maybe next time.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I really think he has talent, but whether bad attitude , laziness or just a bit of a Billy Big Suds he does seem to have to move on a lot. You kind of hope that one time would be a wake up call and he'd make the most of his talent. 
Maybe next time.

Unfortunately players with the ‘Billy big bollocks’ syndrome rarely see the error of their ways as they slip down the leagues. Idehen apparently has a very similar syndrome. 

For them just being a professional footballer gives them kudos in their social circle and that’s enough for them.

Edited by Robbored
  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

When he started playing regularly for the City first team he looked as though he had a great career ahead of him. Then it went pear shaped. It can’t be ability as he demonstrated he had it. As with a lot of jobs you need more than natural ability to be successful 

The thing that was a revelation was his forward passing. We forget how crap we used to be at passing the ball forwards, that when Tyreeq started doing it, we were in awe.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Maybe next time.

Since breaking in to our first team he’s had a loan at Ipswich, who didn’t want to keep him, a move to Sheffield Wednesday where he fell out of favour very quickly (16 starts) & now he’s out in the cold at Charlton.

There’s a pattern, you asked if it’s bad attitude, laziness or Billy big bollocks?

It’s all 3, as @Northern Red said he’s heading out of the football league at this rate.

Pearson told him he was a waster, he was right.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Since breaking in to our first team he’s had a loan at Ipswich, who didn’t want to keep him, a move to Sheffield Wednesday where he fell out of favour very quickly (16 starts) & now he’s out in the cold at Charlton.

There’s a pattern, you asked if it’s bad attitude, laziness or Billy big bollocks?

It’s all 3, as @Northern Red said he’s heading out of the football league at this rate.

Pearson told him he was a waster, he was right.

Those spells where Pearson would ditch players, puts a responsibility on them. Some come back better (Pring) and others shrug and move on. He's not the first player with loads of ability to leave us and who's career just Peters out, it is a shame though.

• Like 2

I can understand a player getting too big for his boots. They come thru academies & have smoke blown up them no end. Then they have their agent telling them they're the next Zidane.  So I get how a young man can believe their own hype & lose focus. The thing I can't get is how they allow this to happen at 3 consecutive clubs & even if they don't have the wherewithal themselves they don't have anyone close to them that can make them see the folly of their ways.

There is clearly talent there with Bakinson & midfielders with an eye for a goal are rightly sought after, but I agree with others that he seems destined to ply his trade below league 2.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Leabrook said:

No surprise at all. Luton warned of his attitude 

Very true, there were murmurs about attitude when we signed him.

Not the first young player to have potential, but then do nothing with it. Some seem to want the lifestyle of a footballer, but unfortunately don't want to put the effort in. I'm sorry but with the money they are paid, they should make the most of it, because you won't find that sort of money (legally) outside of the game.

We'll see him on BBC1 in a few years in an FA Cup game playing for some non league team.

I may be wrong - it was a few years ago now - but I am pretty sure we signed him from Luton at the same time as Freddy Hinds.

FH scored a cracking goal away to Watford in the season of great League Cup run, but then slipped down the pecking order here before being loaned out to Cheltenham and then Wrexham.

I can’t remember which one of the two it was, but I am pretty sure his loan was cut short because of an attitude problem, which I seem to recall reading was a touch of ‘Billy Big Bollox’.

4 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I may be wrong - it was a few years ago now - but I am pretty sure we signed him from Luton at the same time as Freddy Hinds.

FH scored a cracking goal away to Watford in the season of great League Cup run, but then slipped down the pecking order here before being loaned out to Cheltenham and then Wrexham.

I can’t remember which one of the two it was, but I am pretty sure his loan was cut short because of an attitude problem, which I seem to recall reading was a touch of ‘Billy Big Bollox’.

That was Hinds. Now seems to be working as a recruitment consultant and last known to be playing for Royston Town.

3 hours ago, Northern Red said:

That was Hinds. Now seems to be working as a recruitment consultant and last known to be playing for Royston Town.

Ha, I knew it was Hinds, but when I said I couldn’t remember which of the two, I was referring to Cheltenham or Wrexham, rather than TB or FH.

Perhaps he just peaked early. Might be nothing to do with attitude, but while the typical "career arc" of a player sees them at their very best in their mid-to-late 20s, some just fade earlier than others. Might be a mental thing, not getting as much enjoyment out if the game?

16 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Perhaps he just peaked early. Might be nothing to do with attitude, but while the typical "career arc" of a player sees them at their very best in their mid-to-late 20s, some just fade earlier than others. Might be a mental thing, not getting as much enjoyment out if the game?

It could be a confidence thing too. There have been one or two rumours about attitude, but I've no idea I'd they're true.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Humble Realist said:

People were hailing him as a super star when he first came into our team.

Shows how temperamental early player exposure can be in a first team.

Clearly has some talent but letting himself down. Hopefully he turns it round eventually. 

Nah.

I remember years back watching my local team and there was a player, Spencer somebody, who played like Lee Trundle had somehow turned out for a school team.  He had superb close control and the only way for the opposition to negate him was to always have two players marking him.

I asked the obvious question of a regular supporter - why was he not playing at a higher level? - and the answer was bad attitude.

He had had trials at several league teams including Bristol City, I asked about that and he said that when he went there he was told to play out of position in the trial game.  He said he didn't play out of position and just went home.

There is no way back for these players and they bumble around the non league being the big fish in the small pond, a future which I expect awaits Delli Ali.

2 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Ha, I knew it was Hinds, but when I said I couldn’t remember which of the two, I was referring to Cheltenham or Wrexham, rather than TB or FH.

Ah, sorry, misread it. Yes it was Wrexham. I think they also had more loanees than were allowed to be included in a matchday squad at the time (this was pre-Hollywood investment) and he was always one to miss out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

There is no way back for these players and they bumble around the non league being the big fish in the small pond, a future which I expect awaits Delli Ali.

That's unfair. Dele has made it to the VERY top, against all the odds. He's had many many struggles but you don't get to where he is / was without the right attitude. Unfortunately demons have caught up with him, but so different to Bakinson.

30 minutes ago, Selred said:

That's unfair. Dele has made it to the VERY top, against all the odds. He's had many many struggles but you don't get to where he is / was without the right attitude. Unfortunately demons have caught up with him, but so different to Bakinson.

I don't see how it's unfair.

I know from how difficult a background Dele came and how well he did despite that but he has entirely lost it now.

That's the parallel, he has no future in higher league football because of his own actions.

42 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I don't see how it's unfair.

I know from how difficult a background Dele came and how well he did despite that but he has entirely lost it now.

That's the parallel, he has no future in higher league football because of his own actions.

Let's see. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at someone like Luton next season (doing a Barkley)

• Like 1