IGNORED

referee for saturdays game against Rotherham

Bloody hell if that's right ...

1 hour ago, Never to the dark side said:

Although he does like his cards,34 games with 164 yellows, 9 reds

That's about a Red every 4 games and an average of around 5 yellows a game , what's he been Reffing, the WWF ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Better rest Joe Williams for this one then and Pringy has a habit of collecting cards too.

Awarding a penalty every other game gives us a fighting chance of getting one too.

Our last ref was really good - gave us a last min (questionable) penalty and even did the washing up before she went home.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, wendyredredrobin said:

Better rest Joe Williams for this one

Will be interesting to see, with Saturday being the last home game, whether there are any sentimental team selections?  Could be James, King and Williams last time in front of the AG crowd???

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Will be interesting to see, with Saturday being the last home game, whether there are any sentimental team selections?  Could be James, King and Williams last time in front of the AG crowd???

And Conway and Twine and Medube.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I would hope LM picks the best team he can to try to win the game.  No problem with bringing these 3 on later in the game if we are 2 or 3 up.

I would hope we can keep Joe Williams and whilst I like both Andy King and Matty James, they are both too old now to justify paying their wages for another season.  We need to be looking forward,  except that these two have had their day and thank them for their service. I would imagine getting these two off the payrole might be sufficient to fund a decent striker.

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

And Conway and Twine and Medube.

Tommy Conway is nowhere near ready for a step up (and not sure he ever will be) and would be better off staying here at the moment.

Not sure we have seen enough of Twine to really judge him, but clearly not worth a seven figure transfer fee, at least yet.

Medube is a strange one.  Nobody really knows what has been going on with him, do they, though we have speculated 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Tommy Conway is nowhere near ready for a step up (and not sure he ever will be) and would be better off staying here at the moment.

Not sure we have seen enough of Twine to really judge him, but clearly not worth a seven figure transfer fee, at least yet.

Medube is a strange one.  Nobody really knows what has been going on with him, do they, though we have speculated 

If I had to lay odds on it I’d think that the only one who may be here next season is Twine, but I agree with your analysis of him in terms of value - the only thing I’d disagree on is in terms of pure scouting, if you’d seen someone seven times, then you’d be expected to make a call - no reason why that should change for someone we have on loan.

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I would hope LM picks the best team he can to try to win the game.  No problem with bringing these 3 on later in the game if we are 2 or 3 up.

I would hope we can keep Joe Williams and whilst I like both Andy King and Matty James, they are both too old now to justify paying their wages for another season.  We need to be looking forward,  except that these two have had their day and thank them for their service. I would imagine getting these two off the payrole might be sufficient to fund a decent striker.

Imho Matty James has far from “had his day”, but that’s not that I expect to see him here next season.  

• Like 1

He won’t get Prem football (or wages) by staying here even if he plays into his forties,  the worst that happens if he takes the chance of a Prem move is he doubles his money (or more) and ends up on the bench for a year before dropping back down a much richer man and with some Prem experience. This is the reality that City are competing with sadly. I’d love for him to stay but can’t see it 

• Like 2

If he's really unhappy here what's the point of him staying? 

• Like 1

I agree on both highlighted points wendy - unless the SPL is considered a ‘step up’ for Conway…….……:cool2:

As for Twine - no we haven’t seen enough of him particularly as he’s been missing and won’t have yet regained the match sharpness. Any player that’s been injured for quite some time would have the same readjustment to match fitness.

That said the glimpses we have seen have shown what a fully fit Twine would bring. His set piece delivery is excellent as we saw at Norwich and he can certainly see a pass. He and Williams in midfield would be quite a prospect - I don’t think he’s worth anywhere near £5m quoted tho but if City could get him for half that or maybe £3m then go for it.

4 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Charles Breakspear from Surrey normally does 1st and 2nd division games and only his second time this season that he as reffed a Championship game.

What ,the only English Pope ?

• Haha 1

• Admin
4 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Charles Breakspear from Surrey normally does 1st and 2nd division games and only his second time this season that he as reffed a Championship game.

image.png

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I agree on both highlighted points wendy - unless the SPL is considered a ‘step up’ for Conway…….……:cool2:

As for Twine - no we haven’t seen enough of him particularly as he’s been missing and won’t have yet regained the match sharpness. Any player that’s been injured for quite some time would have the same readjustment to match fitness.

That said the glimpses we have seen have shown what a fully fit Twine would bring. His set piece delivery is excellent as we saw at Norwich and he can certainly see a pass. He and Williams in midfield would be quite a prospect - I don’t think he’s worth anywhere near £5m quoted tho but if City could get him for half that or maybe £3m then go for it.

What I will say about Twine is that he wins(?) a lot of free kicks.

3 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Better rest Joe Williams for this one then and Pringy has a habit of collecting cards too.

Awarding a penalty every other game gives us a fighting chance of getting one too.

Our last ref was really good - gave us a last min (questionable) penalty and even did the washing up before she went home.

😂😂😂 at a certain piece in your thread but I won’t say what bit , as I will get told off by the forum police 

32 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

What I will say about Twine is that he wins(?) a lot of free kicks.

IMG_0337.jpeg.d859e8b765eb1b1d5a138dca04d4acaf.jpeg

this is Wide and Attacking midfielders (inc no10s) in the Championship.  6th out of 184 who’ve played 500+ minutes.

As for Smyth at QPR, I think his average is increased to the 100 times Pring fouled him at Loftus Road! 🤣🤣🤣

4 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

She also booked one of their players for a foul  he committed in a game 4 years ago. 

• Haha 3