IGNORED

Rotherham United at home match thread

Just now, old_eastender said:

Not the best of halves despite being ahead, missing Knights forward thinking from central midfield, really don't like the James/Williams combo.

Also Pring reluctant to make any run with the ball, despite having had the chance several times and Twine again not that involved playing left.

James/Williams bring food structure and defensive solidity together, but yes in this kind of game does make us seem more passive, less forward thinking. 

However disagree about Twine, thought he was our best player that half to be honest. 

We've pretty clearly been the better side, and all whilst playing pretty lackadaisical stuff. Chilled shooting vibes in the box and some loose stuff elsewhere, but still notching decent non-pen chances, which the penalty then glosses up.

I guess this is the luxury that coasting to a mid-table finish gives you.

• Like 2

I mean, it’s alright? No more than that. At my one look a somewhat soft penalty, but we have created a bit more and deserve just to be ahead. What we all expected pretty much. TC getting in good positions, but not looking sharp with the finishing.

Good first half, City doing what they needed to do, deservedly ahead.  But boy, this is not a Rotherham side I’m familiar with, little fight, coasting.  Understandably so.

We’ve played some nice stuff.

First time I’ve genuinely seen concerted link-up between Twine and Conway, but countered by how little Rotherham want to close space.  But you can only take advantage of what’s in front if you.

Thought Conway got touched by Phillips, who looks unfit having spent all season on the bench.  Not surprised he looks sluggish.  Tucked it away with aplomb, well done TC.

Roberts doing his classy stuff, Dickie able to feed balls through the lines.

Finish it off now Reds.

• Like 3
Just now, Lanterne Rouge said:

Gary Owers must have fallen for it. You`d think he`d check it out before saying it though - doesn`t he think it`s a bit odd there`s been nothing in the media about it?

Well, Hoskins asked him about it, after the pen, Owers didn't mention it until then. So must be some rumours about it, beside an April fool.

1 minute ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Well, Hoskins asked him about it, after the pen, Owers didn't mention it until then. So must be some rumours about it, beside an April fool.

Nah!

(rice paper hat in cupboard ready to be eaten)

Good half - albeit against very deflated and weak opposition.

Could, should be 2,3 up which is positive.

Twine, surprisingly to me written off by so many already, showing what he can do in that 10 position. Set up Mehmeti for a very good chance he tries to walk in and Conway for the run and pen.

Let’s hope for some more goals second half.