IGNORED

Rotherham United at home match thread

4 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Well we haven't won a tournament since 1966 and that's 58 years of winning zilch.  Many of you are too young to ever remember winning or what it feels like to win.

If your only criterion is winning tournaments then I'm afraid like the vast majority of supporters of most clubs then you are going to be sorely disappointed, personally I have been fairly happy with the national side the past few years, there won't be many countries looking forward to playing us this summer.

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Well we haven't won a tournament since 1966 and that's 58 years of winning zilch.  Many of you are too young to ever remember winning or what it feels like to win.

Most countries haven't won one either, and never will. Count the nations to win a tournament in your lifetime and there aren't many, there aren't many in the games history who have.

9 hours ago, Maldini said:

Rumour has it that Bajic will get 45 mins.*

Which means his chant can finally be used,

It's a kind of Bajic, to the tune of it's kind of magic. 

*I've just started this rumour 

You rumour monger you. Will his performance be so good we get seven figures offers by Monday morning. And BT & crayon boy plaudits on making so much in profit 🤔 ?

6 hours ago, AirlieBeachRed said:

Most countries haven't won one either, and never will. Count the nations to win a tournament in your lifetime and there aren't many, there aren't many in the games history who have.

Since 1966, surely every other major footballing nation has won a tournament, plus a few lesser nations?

Certainly the big two South American teams have multiple trophies.

In Europe, France, Italy, Germany and Spain have all won multiple trophies in that time. 

Then even Holland, Portugal, Greece and Denmark have beaten us to it. 

That is depressing! Mind you, Le Tournoi...

14 hours ago, Sandhurst Red said:

In desperate need of 2 tickets if anyone has spare or can't attend? Never expected this to be a sell out and am taking some friends and was going to do POTD. 

Amazed to find all tickets sold for a nothing match....

Any help most appreciated.

I’m in the same position myself - if anyone has a spare ticket, ideally in S18/19 it would be much appreciated! 

16 minutes ago, redsince1994 said:

Honestly if it was any other player I'd say thats a tad farfetched but the power of a Williams slice should not be underestimated

If there’s not a pizza stall next season at the ground called ‘The Williams slice’ I’ll be disappointed 

• Haha 2
21 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

highest league position in years

Probably going to equal the 12th place we achieved in 2019/20.

fewer goals conceded

Fewer scored as well though. But importantly the goal difference is looking better overall. That's really what matters in terms of goals scored or conceded.

improving moving into next season.

Perhaps. In some ways. In other ways looking quite static.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Tim Monaghan said:

Looking forward to 3 points today to take us above last years total including the highest league position in years, fewer goals conceded and improving moving into next season. 

Lets go, COYRS 

5 years ago we finished 8th and 4 years ago 12th.......so by years you mean a few.