IGNORED

RTV/Tinnion

Cobbsoldun

• The title was changed to RTV/Tinnion
3 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Will the number of lies match the number of Taylor Swift song references Sam Matterface got in during the West Ham Liverpool game on five live ?

The feeling he’s a bullshitter?

I just can’t shake it off, shake it off

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

33 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

The feeling he’s a bullshitter?

I just can’t shake it off, shake it off

Or the Love Story between BT/SL/JL?

In all seriousness, will be interesting to see his tone compared to previous RTV appearances he has made.

Edited by Sturgess

2 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Bullshitter or just has no idea what the **** he is on about 

Since taking over as director of football our permanent signings have been

Postives

Mehmeti

Knight

Roberts

Dickie

McCrorie

Negatives

Cornick

yet to play for the club

Bird

Stokes

Murphy

I think his record speaks for itself.

• Like 6
  • Robin 1

7 minutes ago, Malago said:

Postives

Mehmeti

Knight

Roberts

Dickie

McCrorie

Negatives

Cornick

yet to play for the club

Bird

Stokes

Murphy

Or Pearson’s. 😝 

Just now, REDOXO said:

Or Pearson’s. 😝 

Okies

.yes done seemingly decent recruitment with some still to be seen next season. I would suggest couple of those should go down to Pearson not BT. How say does BT have over the manager? How much day does SL and/or crayon boy have. 

And yes we will see next season 

A good base from this year ?

What does the summer recruitment bring and how much ambition shown in that area.

Yes things seem to be settling and firm /results are improving .

I would love to be priced wrong but really not convinced by the BT/ crayon boy dynamic over/controlling/dictating to LM

COYR

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Okies

.yes done seemingly decent recruitment with some still to be seen next season. I would suggest couple of those should go down to Pearson not BT. How say does BT have over the manager? How much day does SL and/or crayon boy have. 

And yes we will see next season 

A good base from this year ?

What does the summer recruitment bring and how much ambition shown in that area.

Yes things seem to be settling and firm /results are improving .

I would love to be priced wrong but really not convinced by the BT/ crayon boy dynamic over/controlling/dictating to LM

COYR

As Pearson said in his interview this week, ‘Liam has taken over a very good position’ 

He has. And he’s been promised some spends. I’m excited to see what happens in the summer. If Manning really wants Twine then I can see a scenario where offers are accepted for two even three of ours. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 minute ago, Henry said:

Is there much of a difference? Genuine question. It seems it’s more about the JD than job title.

It can be just bollocky titles, but generally the DoF would manage / control the budgets, the whole football operation, etc.

What we’ve got is Tom Rawcliffe doing some of that (Football Operations and Football budgets) with some support from Gavin Marshall, whereas Tins is looking after the Recruitment Team, amongst other things.

If that makes sense.

Keith Burt was the last DoF, even then I think he didn’t have all the Operations stuff under him.

Pearson confirmed in the recent podcast that he has no involvement in recruitment aside from signing off on players that are scouted and proposed to him.   He was asked this in the context of Leicester signings and Jamie Vardy in particular. 

Based on the end of the season and some decent performances against good teams I think it's time to get behind Manning, the likes of BT and the Club generally.  The default sniping by a few hard-core moaners is a bit OTT and tedious.

It could be a very good 24/25 season and I'm looking forward to seeing who is recruited in the forward positions we're looking at.   We've a decent recruitment record so far given the budget and Tinnion will have played a significant tole in that. Aside from the ones to come in, I think Stokes, Murphy and Bird look interesting signings and clearly can play a bit.

Twine strayed from the script of keeping his performances a little subdued and played a bit too well today as I was hoping we could pick him up for about £2m. He'd be keen to come and confirmed he enjoyed his loan and that he loved his stay in Bristol in the post-match interview.

• Like 7

What a guy- we're so lucky to have him. His input has shown remarkable results from Academy levels whilst  his role as technical Director is beginning to reap rewards on the pitch , firstly with Southampton then at Leicester. I'm really excited about next season, we've already got a Bird in the hand as well as a few in the bush and that's before our Summer recruitment.

WE are building the momentum for a serious push towards a top 6 finish in 2025 as he suggested. It's a great time to be a BCFC supporter.

( Facepalm me if you agree)

Just now, bcfcnick said:

Pearson confirmed in the recent podcast that he has no involvement in recruitment aside from signing off on players that are scouted and proposed to him.   He was asked this in the context of Leicester signings and Jamie Vardy in particular. 

Based on the end of the season and some decent performances against good teams I think it's time to get behind Manning, the likes of BT and the Club generally.  The default sniping by a few hard-core moaners is a bit OTT and tedious.

It could be a very good 24/25 season and I'm looking forward to seeing who is recruited in the forward positions we're looking at.   We've a decent recruitment record so far given the budget and Tinnion will have played a significant tole in that. Aside from the ones to come in, I think Stokes, Murphy and Bird look interesting signings and clearly can play a bit.

Twine strayed from the script of keeping his performances a little subdued and played a bit too well today as I was hoping we could pick him up for about £2m. He'd be keen to come and confirmed he enjoyed his loan and that he loved his stay in Bristol in the post-match interview.

That was at Leicester and Hull…where of course his good mate Steve Walsh was his Head of Recruitment and Coach.

At Bristol City he set the processes and profiling up, but as Gilhespy said, he then let them get on with finding the players, he empowers people.  He did go and watch players though, but he also wasn’t gonna trawl video, like Manning will.  Pros and cons to each approach.

+++++

1) Always behind the team / club…but 2) don’t like the way one or two operate.

I don’t think 1 or 2 will ever be any different.

39 minutes ago, Malago said:

Postives

Mehmeti

Knight

Roberts

Dickie

McCrorie

Negatives

Cornick

yet to play for the club

Bird

Stokes

Murphy

I'd say the jury is certainly still out in regards -

McCrorie & Mehmeti

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

44 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

As Pearson said in his interview this week, ‘Liam has taken over a very good position’ 

He has. And he’s been promised some spends. I’m excited to see what happens in the summer. If Manning really wants Twine then I can see a scenario where offers are accepted for two even three of ours. 

Interesting. A part exchange deal.

Ok 2/3 of our players but who would they be ?

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

What a guy- we're so lucky to have him. His input has shown remarkable results from Academy levels whilst  his role as technical Director is beginning to reap rewards on the pitch , firstly with Southampton then at Leicester. I'm really excited about next season, we've already got a Bird in the hand as well as a few in the bush and that's before our Summer recruitment.

WE are building the momentum for a serious push towards a top 6 finish in 2025 as he suggested. It's a great time to be a BCFC supporter.

Your facepalm line wasn't funny earlier and still isn't now.

Don't you have better things to do in your life than try and wind strangers up on otib? At least try and be slightly subtle or amusing or something.

• Like 16
  • Flames 1

58 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

tumbleweed GIF

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Malago said:

Yes.  Confirmed we’ve offered Joe Williams a new contract.

This isn't the biggest deal in the world but it is a little silly that Manning is saying in press conferences that no talks are taking place and then Tinnion is saying on Robins TV who we have and haven't offered a contract. I do feel there is a lack of a comms strategy at times...

• Haha 4
  • Flames 2

24 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Your facepalm line wasn't funny earlier and still isn't now.

Don't you have better things to do in your life than try and wind strangers up on otib? At least try and be slightly subtle or amusing or something.

Have you ever contemplated that just because someone doesn't share the OTIB witch hunt on Tinnion, Lansdown and, to some extent, Manning that they may hold an alternative opinion?

I genuinely believe what I think about Tinnion and the Lansdowns. This is anathema to you and the Pearson luvvies.  If one has a positive take on the aforementioned - it either makes you a Bristol Sport employee or a wind up merchant. Mt Billy Big Bollax even thinks that new posters with a positive spin should be vetted. 

Good luck with that Nick. If you don't like my view- you know what to do.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Interesting. A part exchange deal.

Ok 2/3 of our players but who would they be ?

A part exchange hadn’t even crossed my mind. 😆 However who knows. It’s more than possible no matter which division Burnley end up in. 

The players we know are being looked at are Conway and Pring.

Add to this a few  players that no one would be surprised if there are enquires for such as Knight, Bell, Vyner even Dickie (who has had a brilliant season) then a deal for Twine is possible. 

My thoughts are there are going to be incomings (some we already know) and outgoings to allow players to come through and create the money for the forward (probably two forwards if Conway goes) that Tinnion spoke about today. 

If i remember rightly he spoke about a “ten” which most would assume Twine is top of the list! 

My crystal ball tells me someone from Oxford is on the Radar too! The play offs will indeed have a baring there. 

Edited by REDOXO

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

This isn't the biggest deal in the world but it is a little silly that Manning is saying in press conferences that no talks are taking place and then Tinnion is saying on Robins TV who we have and haven't offered a contract. I do feel there is a lack of a comms strategy at times...

If you ever wanted a rumour spreading, then BT is your man. Definitely a loose Cannon imo.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2