IGNORED

King

Ivorguy

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Top pro, mentor and City fan. Shame we never had him a season or two earlier. Good luck for whatever happens next. 

You feel that he's one that wouldn't have the old "job for the boys" jibe thrown at him if he were to remain on as coach and that speaks volumes for the man in itself.

Edited by Steve Watts
  • Like 3
  • Robin 1

12 minutes ago, CheddarReds said:

A classy statement too. All the best Kingy!

Even more classy goodbye on the Leicester forum. 

Well he did achieve a whole lot more with them.

Seems a really nice guy and top professional. 

• Like 2

Shame we didn't get some his best years, he was good enough at the tail end of his career. 
I thought he might have been a coach long term, I think that changed with the change of Manager. I don't think it will take him long to find a job if he wants one. Top man.

Screenshot2024-05-03at17_14_25.png.877ac5c266bf2bfe44576db5a161400d.png

Screenshot2024-05-03at17_14_07.png.a2f1e4737a73758d465483055e807f0a.png

• Like 9
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 3

35 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Top bloke who achieved the lot in football.

Real shame if (as appears the case) he doesn’t join the coaching staff this summer.

Indeed Graham they could use some genuine first class experience.

Edited by One Team
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Mind you, I listened to Tinnion on a podcast the other week & he actually said with a straight face that it was good to get Mickey Bell (his best mate), Matt Hewlett & Dean Gerken FFS on the coaching staff because they “understand the club”.

Leaving aside the fact Gerken is from Essex & was basically only ever our reserve goalie, it really does say a lot.

Premiership winner & City fan? Nope?

Mate of Tinnion? More than welcome..

He’s just dying to give Bell the first team coach job.

And this is why under this regime we aren’t going to significantly progress. The thinking is constrained and small time. We need a completely new way of looking at things in my view. 

As for understanding the club surely Andy King would fit the bill. What he really means is “understand working under Lansdown”. 

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

11 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Mind you, I listened to Tinnion on a podcast the other week & he actually said with a straight face that it was good to get Mickey Bell (his best mate), Matt Hewlett & Dean Gerken FFS on the coaching staff because they “understand the club”.

Leaving aside the fact Gerken is from Essex & was basically only ever our reserve goalie, it really does say a lot.

Tinnion wouldnt appoint anyone with such a background.

• Like 1
  • Flames 3

1 minute ago, One Team said:

He’s just dying to give Bell the first team coach job.

And this is why under this regime we aren’t going to significantly progress. The thinking is constrained and small time. We need a completely new way of looking at things in my view. 

As for understanding the club surely Andy King would fit the bill. What he really means is “understand working under Lansdown”. 

I don’t think he is.  In fairness to Tinns, bringing Micky in I can sympathise with as I think the 16s-18s when he came in had a severe lack of coaches, or quality coaches, so if anything he was doing the club a bit of a favour by coaching at the club part time whilst he was still managing clevedon. 

On 28/04/2024 at 18:03, GrahamC said:

100% & I thought it reflected really well on Manning that he gave him what is certainly his last appearance at Ashton Gate.

We’ve signed a number of veterans in the past, Jody Morris & Chris Brunt spring to mind & ended up with them on the wage bill yet not contributing.

King has been in every match day squad since the start of the year, has filled in at the back on occasion without ever letting us down & I’ll bet he’s on the lowest wages he’s earned for a number of years.

When you consider he arrived after a strange spell in Belgium where he didn’t play & was already approaching 33, he’s done himself & us proud.

Love to see him stay on as part of the coaching staff, we’ll find out if he does over the next fortnight or so.

Tbf didn’t Brunt tear up his contract before it was due to end, when he realised he wouldn’t get back?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

As well as not making the change of October, a sensible hierarchy in addition to Williams would be looking to retain James as a player and  King as a coach as part of the foundation this summer.

Could still happen but I doubt it. I hope it does.

you and i both know what would make sense Pops but those upstairs seem to like doing things the hard way

• Like 1

Been the model pro from the minute he arrived here and if we remember correctly when he arrived here we were an absolute shambles , he as much as anyone has steadied the ship and slowly turned it round both on and off the field 

really hope the club keep him on as a coach  , 

was it me or did he genuinely seem to be pretty close to tears 

21 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Tbf didn’t Brunt tear up his contract before it was due to end, when he realised he wouldn’t get back?

Yes, he did.

He’d been injured a while at the time but to be fair to him, he certainly wasn’t a Jody Morris type.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

That wasn’t lost on me either Graham!

• Robin 1

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Shame we didn't get some his best years, he was good enough at the tail end of his career. 
I thought he might have been a coach long term, I think that changed with the change of Manager. I don't think it will take him long to find a job if he wants one. Top man.

Screenshot2024-05-03at17_14_25.png.877ac5c266bf2bfe44576db5a161400d.png

Screenshot2024-05-03at17_14_07.png.a2f1e4737a73758d465483055e807f0a.png

Is that him with Lee Johnson in the last photo ? 

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

A pleasure to see Andy in a red shirt. I remember seeing him play at Ashton Gate for Leicester about twelve years ago and I thought then that he would be a very useful midfielder in the Red of Bristol City.

So thanks very much Andy and best wishes to you and family. Diolch yn fawr

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Super said:

Class act. Wish him well

3 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Model pro, best wishes for the future wherever that may be

Two of Nigels biggest critics giving his signing and a member of his coaching staff high praise. Well deserved but very bizarre. 

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 3

38 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Two of Nigels biggest critics giving his signing and a member of his coaching staff high praise. Well deserved but very bizarre. 

I'm not convinced you'll find anyone that could really be described as a 'critic' of Nigel Pearson on here.

Just an awful lot of people that don't feel he is quite the be all and end all that you seem to think.

Edited by richwwtk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

6 minutes ago, Midred said:

Is his link to Nige the reason he's   not being offered anything?

Nah, don’t think so.  He’s 35, and if we genuinely want to push on, we’ve made the right decision.  If however we were to offer him a coaching deal, that might be cool.

• Like 3