IGNORED

Liam Pre Stoke

• Admin
11 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Last one of the season…not a huge amount, headline is that he’d let Scott Twine marry his daughter, drink his beer and pretty much do anything he likes from the way he talks about him…

- Pring and James have both had minor surgeries so will be missing Saturday

- Asked the one thing he’s learnt from being head coach - would need time to reflect and can’t answer - notes he overanalyses but would like to go away and analyse in the summer L. Learnt about division, group, culture. “When you come in you come in with your own philosophies but there are things I have to adapt, have to tweak and understand the culture and expectations of the club”. Will take the summer to learn and ensure he’s better next season.

- Detailed the sponsored 24 hour walk next weekend in support of CHSW link: https://www.justgiving.com/page/bcfc-10yfan-challenge?utm_campaign=lc_frp_share_transaction_fundraiser_page_launched&utm_content=0aa903ca-73da-49f2-b2d1-b2792791e424&utm_medium=email&utm_source=postoffice&utm_term=1711873205588

- Retained list will come out next week

- Recruitment -  conversations are constant, ready to move quickly as needed. Have plan A but don’t want to wait until the last minute and need to make a decision to move on as needed

- Ideally would like signings in for pre season training so the earlier the better. 

- Would like to keep Twine - thought terrific against Watford. Taken ST a few games to get up to speed but excellent against Norwich/Rotherham. Fits the style, fits the group, is best when he has freedom and LM doesn’t want to stifle him. Thinks he puts in a big shift without the ball, on the ball brings others into play, takes risks, turns the right way often in terms of awareness

- Wouldn’t rule loans out next year - in house first, then permanent, then loan with option, then loan only as last resort

- The plan is that Bell, Benarous, Naismith, Atkinson will be available pre season and there is some spare time built into recovery plans

- Vyner will be available for the weekend 

- James hasn’t definitely played his last game for us. Hes done a terrific job, more meetings next week

- Doesn’t get involved in contract talks when asked re Williams and Tinnion contract offer - Williams approaching peak, wants him to stay but sure that there will be competition for his signing

- Thinks we’re getting penalties as we get the ball in the right areas, previously had the ball outside the box but now have it in the box and players are being brave/taking risks

And breathe…

Oh, is Tinnion out of contract? 🤩

• Haha 1
  • Robin 1

He seems knackered! Maybe needs a holiday. And I think he said his family finally moving to Bristol which must be a relief (or not!)

The theme of the week seems to be the reference: have to tweak [your own philosophies] and understand the culture and expectations of the club.

Amazingly, the journos didn't pounce on that comment.

48 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Last one of the season…not a huge amount, headline is that he’d let Scott Twine marry his daughter, drink his beer and pretty much do anything he likes from the way he talks about him…

- Pring and James have both had minor surgeries so will be missing Saturday

- Asked the one thing he’s learnt from being head coach - would need time to reflect and can’t answer - notes he overanalyses but would like to go away and analyse in the summer L. Learnt about division, group, culture. “When you come in you come in with your own philosophies but there are things I have to adapt, have to tweak and understand the culture and expectations of the club”. Will take the summer to learn and ensure he’s better next season.

- Detailed the sponsored 24 hour walk next weekend in support of CHSW link: https://www.justgiving.com/page/bcfc-10yfan-challenge?utm_campaign=lc_frp_share_transaction_fundraiser_page_launched&utm_content=0aa903ca-73da-49f2-b2d1-b2792791e424&utm_medium=email&utm_source=postoffice&utm_term=1711873205588

- Retained list will come out next week

- Recruitment -  conversations are constant, ready to move quickly as needed. Have plan A but don’t want to wait until the last minute and need to make a decision to move on as needed

- Ideally would like signings in for pre season training so the earlier the better. 

- Would like to keep Twine - thought terrific against Watford. Taken ST a few games to get up to speed but excellent against Norwich/Rotherham. Fits the style, fits the group, is best when he has freedom and LM doesn’t want to stifle him. Thinks he puts in a big shift without the ball, on the ball brings others into play, takes risks, turns the right way often in terms of awareness

- Wouldn’t rule loans out next year - in house first, then permanent, then loan with option, then loan only as last resort

- The plan is that Bell, Benarous, Naismith, Atkinson will be available pre season and there is some spare time built into recovery plans

- Vyner will be available for the weekend 

- James hasn’t definitely played his last game for us. Hes done a terrific job, more meetings next week

- Doesn’t get involved in contract talks when asked re Williams and Tinnion contract offer - Williams approaching peak, wants him to stay but sure that there will be competition for his signing

- Thinks we’re getting penalties as we get the ball in the right areas, previously had the ball outside the box but now have it in the box and players are being brave/taking risks

And breathe…

Very similar.  DMd you mine.  You might chuckle at one bit!

4 minutes ago, mozo said:

The theme of the week seems to be the reference: have to tweak [your own philosophies] and understand the culture and expectations of the club.

JP didn’t need to, he’d worked that out already! 😉

9 minutes ago, mozo said:

He seems knackered! Maybe needs a holiday. And I think he said his family finally moving to Bristol which must be a relief (or not!)

Amazingly, the journos didn't pounce on that comment.

Yeah that was (other than asking Scott out on a date) was the key thing for me but I think it’s been done to death this week! 

The Twine bit I do think he’s over egging - notably the RB journo led into the question with “I know you don’t give much away” - he couldn’t be more clear he wanted Twine even before this presser if he’d had one of those “Golf Sale” sandwich boards on! Scott wasn’t terrific against Watford (IIRC 45% pass completion) and although excellent against Rotherham, he has been largely peripheral. Every time Liams interviewed at the moment though if I’m Burnley I’m shoving another couple of 100k on the price! Fine if he wants him but it’s not exactly negotiating 101…!!!

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Very similar.  DMd you mine.  You might chuckle at one bit!

Almost exactly the same. We definitely need the rota next season! (And I think I did..!)

He also mentioned potentially going to some play off games here and abroad if time allows due to watching players live for recruitment  Perhaps we have our eye on someone in League One, Two's play off teams.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

He also mentioned potentially going to some play off games here and abroad if time allows due to watching players live for recruitment  Perhaps we have our eye on someone in League One, Two's play off teams.

What like at Oxford, for instance…

Some of the European leagues have relegation playoffs, won’t be at all surprised if he’s referring to that 😉

23 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

What like at Oxford, for instance…

Some of the European leagues have relegation playoffs, won’t be at all surprised if he’s referring to that 😉

Some of the euro leagues domestic / regular seasons don’t end just yet either, e.g.

• Belgium / Denmark 26th May
  • France L1 19th May / Lg2 17th May
  • etc

Plus there are some running Summer calendars, e.g. Sweden and Norway.

The vizzes are prepared, in case of rumour!!!

Edited by Davefevs

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Some of the euro leagues domestic / regular seasons don’t end just yet either, e.g.

• Belgium / Denmark 26th May
  • France L1 19th May / Lg2 17th May
  • etc

Plus there are some running Summer calendars, e.g. Sweden and Norway.

The vizzes are prepared, in case of rumour!!!

Maybe a certain Max Dean at MK Dons? 😉

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RedRoss said:

A few good ones at peterbro .

• Admin
1 hour ago, Mendip City said:

Remember the last time we bought their best player? Whatever happened to Szmodics?? 😂

Didn't we sell him to Peterbrough? Got him from Colchester didn't we?

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

It’s been a long season scribing these, leave me alone…!

(We can only hope)

It's appreciated, I don't often get the time to watch the videos but can sit here at work in a quiet minute or two and read the notes!

• Like 3

That was the most enjoyable presser that I’ve seen from Manning. He seemed very relaxed and in a good place - possibly because it’s the last game and pressure isn’t so great.

A little disappointed that he didn’t ‘big up’ Williams tho. JW has been excellent and very influential in the engine room. I wanted Manning to say that he’d like to keep him but wasn’t forthcoming.

On 01/05/2024 at 17:37, Silvio Dante said:

Twine excellent against Rotherham, he has been largely peripheral. Every time Liams interviewed at the moment though if I’m Burnley I’m shoving another couple of 100k on the price! Fine if he wants him but it’s not exactly negotiating 101…!!!

For negotiation’s sake……Rotherham gave us that much room in midfield, BT could have still done a job. And if he’d have been playing, we’d have scored a goal in open play.