IGNORED

Will Still...

16 minutes ago, spudski said:

...has left Reims and apparently linked with a Championship Club.

So is he Championship Manager or Football Manager?  Answers on a postcard to Jon Lansdown!

• Haha 8

32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

So is he Championship Manager or Football Manager?  Answers on a postcard to Jon Lansdown!

This thread will descend into a Fifa - rall 

Sorry 🙄

Edited by 1960maaan
  • Haha 6

35 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Will Will Still still have time to play?

1 minute ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Will Will Still Still be a good manager in the Championship i wonder?

Darn it, beat me by seconds!

Edited by cityexile
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Would have loved him to have come here, really hope it's somewhere decent and he makes a good job of it.

I've loved his story , he's done brilliantly . Really looking forward to his next move.

• Like 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Why has this been moved to the transfer forum ?

The bad puns section I'd get , but he's a manager and I really doubt we're in for him. 🤔

My bad I assumed it was about a player 

13 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Sorry but who is Will Still ?

Never heard of him either 

15 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Young lad, only 30/31 or so. Basically played a bit of youth football then got some youth coaching/management/analysis jobs after a hell of a lot of rejections. This was when he was early 20s - he's never played a pro game or anything. He then got appointed caretaker manager of a club in Europe at 24 and smashed it - but because he had no formal qualifications he wasn't allowed to manage them full time so had to move on.

Got a few more assistant jobs, then another first team manager role one after that manager left - and was the youngest in Europe I believe. Because he still didn't have his qualifications, the club was being fined about £20k every match for having him as their manager, but they did it anyway as he was so good. We're talking a decent Liege 1 club too, and he had something like 15 games unbeaten (including against PSG) at the start of the season with them.

He's also well known because he credits a lot of what he learnt to playing Football Manager (hello Jon!) solidly for years on end when he was younger. He's got his head screwed on and has a really unconventional entry to the pro management game. I like him a lot.

Edited by IAmNick
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, BigTone said:

9 minutes ago, phantom said:

Never heard of him either 

Nick has given the synopsis , but there was a fairly long thread on here 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

As I understand it although he's now enrolled and is attending a UEFA Pro License course this has not yet completed so he doesn't as yet hold a UEFA Pro License. Can he therefore manage in the EFL? 

Wayne Rooney didn’t have his qualifications when he managed Derby - I think? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IAmNick said:

Young lad, only 30/31 or so. Basically played a bit of youth football then got some youth coaching/management/analysis jobs after a hell of a lot of rejections. This was when he was early 20s - he's never played a pro game or anything. He then got appointed caretaker manager of a club in Europe at 24 and smashed it - but because he had no formal qualifications he wasn't allowed to manage them full time so had to move on.

Got a few more assistant jobs, then another first team manager role one after that manager left - and was the youngest in Europe I believe. Because he still didn't have his qualifications, the club was being fined about £20k every match for having him as their manager, but they did it anyway as he was so good. We're talking a decent Liege 1 club too, and he had something like 15 games unbeaten (including against PSG) at the start of the season with them.

He's also well known because he credits a lot of what he learnt to playing Football Manager (hello Jon!) solidly for years on end when he was younger. He's got his head screwed on and has a really unconventional entry to the pro management game. I like him a lot.

Another point as he speaks both English & French (perhaps more) mid session he's able to seamlessly switch between languages while coaching. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, spudski said:

...has left Reims and apparently linked with a Championship Club.

Could be us… there’s a lot of synergies, our owner is known in the football world to be Standing Still and we have Dumb and Dumber Still making the big decisions. We need to also remember that our HC is Still Here..

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Why has this been moved to the transfer forum ?

The bad puns section I'd get , but he's a manager and I really doubt we're in for him. 🤔

Why would we be? we already have a manager with one of the best records in the championship ( on current form).

To be read in your best John Cooper Clarke voice.

I will Will Still to move to Pill, then to the Gate to instill a will, to win, and thrill.

if not,

we'll still stand still, and lose.

to nil.

But will Will Still come climb this hill, with us?

Or will Will Still yet take his fill at Reims,

or Lille?

Still sat in the hôtel de ville with the will to kill,

our dreams.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

To be read in your best John Cooper Clarke voice.

I will Will Still to move to Pill, then to the Gate to instill a will, to win, and thrill.

if not,

we'll still stand still, and lose.

to nil.

But will Will Still come climb this hill, with us?

Or will Will Still yet take his fill at Reims,

or Lille?

Still sat in the hôtel de ville with the will to kill,

our dreams.

Are you an ‘ealth fanatic ? 

• Admin
19 hours ago, IAmNick said:

Would have loved him to have come here, really hope it's somewhere decent and he makes a good job of it.

There was no chance of that ever happening:

I would work for a Championship team without a problem,” he says, "providing they are open, honest and ambitious"

• Like 1