IGNORED

Stoke City away match thread

I don’t understand why anybody would support Stoke. If that was my hometown, I’d be utterly ashamed to come from there and would want to distance any connection with that blot on the landscape. I can’t believe people would actually live there and be proud to support a team that represents it.

Edited by Wanderingred
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Flames 1

Really poor defensively, Dickie aside we haven’t been at the races.

Lack of effort by Williams in particular to get back for the second was really poor.

I’d be making a triple sub at HT & give TGH, Knight-Lebel & Wells some minutes.

• Like 1

It's weird because we wrestled control of the game and created chances. 

Should be about 5-2 to them. Stoke have just been so clinical on the break, and two walloping finishes to be fair.

I wouldn't say we've been terrible, but every single outfield players has had at least one or two sloppy moments to make the game more difficult than it has to be. 

Twine had to tuck away his chance and at 1-1 it's potentially a different game. 

It was actually an entertaining half, but irritating. 

Edited by mozo
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

I don’t understand why anybody would support Stoke. If that was my hometown, I’d be utterly ashamed and want to distance any connection with that blot on the landscape. 

I know a Port Vale fan, part of the Stoke conurbation.

He lives in Bristol and his brother,  well Stoke must really be bad as he lives in the bright lights of Peterborough. 🙃

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Just walked through us. How many times have these lot won at home this season?

Can understand if they were a much better team than us and they've ripped us apart with some incisive football but Stoke aren't even any good.

Too many emotions, not enough behaviours, not following the perfect game plan of patterns.  Whatever the excuse is, we'll be in for another season of mediocrity with the setup as it is.

• Like 1
Just now, Boston Red said:

Sykes should not be playing down the left. He is right footed.

Never played well there , this is the 2nd game at LWB I think and he struggled last time. Even LMF he looked lost , it doesn't work. 

Don;t know why he didn't go RWB and move McCrorie into RCB or even the middle. Then the rest move across,  they then  stay in natural positions .

• Like 2
  • Flames 1
23 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

Birmingham relegated as it stands 

I live in hope, but it’s the hope that kills you 

4 minutes ago, Kingston_Red said:

On the beach. 

Severn Beach standard 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Boston Red said:

He’s never looked effective playing on that side (and he’s not really a wing back anyway!) Would rather see Mcrorie that side- he always cuts in when playing on the right. Or play a left sided youth player

4 minutes ago, Boston Red said:

Sounds lopsided again.

Hindsight but switch to a back 4 if restricted in numbers.

McCrorie Tanner Dickie Roberts

Then Sykes right and one of Mehmeti/Twine left..perhaps TGH or King on.

3 minutes ago, Graham76 said:

That last ten minutes was embarrassing.  Stoke have been so sloppy, how the f@ck are we losing 3-0

Not tracking runners, failing to put challenges in.

Poor.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

I don’t understand why anybody would support Stoke. If that was my hometown, I’d be utterly ashamed to come from there and would want to distance any connection with that blot on the landscape. I can’t believe people would actually live there and be proud to support a team that represents it.

Ultimately this is one of the reasons we are so shit as a club. Bristol has nothing to prove 

• Confused 1