IGNORED

Stoke City away match thread

This is not an opinion based upon this game alone, and I'm gonna get flack, but I don't get the obsession with Conway. 

I really feel like everyone else is seeing something I'm not. 

Not at all bothered if he goes and hopefully we sign one or two strikers that are more effective than him. 

Lacks so much to his game and it seems everyone relying on the fact that he is young and has 'potential' and that's what everyone is pinning their hopes on. 

Shield up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

Skyes had a mare, but playing on the wrong side

Roberts struggling without Pring in front of him

Tanner been caught out of position so many times

Sloppy passing, to many poor long balls

Some great finishes by Stoke but given the freedom of the city by our defence, which is a shame after having the 3rd best defence in the league 

• Like 1

For me, it's completely appropriate that this embarrassing shambles of a season should finish with an embarrassing shambles of a scoreline against another relegation threatened side. 

I don't think that even the preseason signing of Mbappe would make me feel any expectations of hope for next season at the moment.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Just now, Maesknoll Red said:

So frustrating to see an up turn in form obliterated in this manner, last day or not, meaningless or not, at least put the effort in for the paying fans.

I don't think it's a lack of trying, people just think we're this team who are better than they are. We're better than this game but I feel like next season will be an eye opener for many. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

When’s the last time we lost a game by this margin or even a 3 goal one? Doesn’t happen very often 

6-2 at Fulham in 2021-22 rings a bell.

Albeit Semenyo and others showed some nice things and this was a Fulham side a good number of whom finished midtable to top half in PL the next year and Mitrovic on fire.

Not sure of any others since and this is barely comparable in respect of quality of opposition etc.

Just now, Spike said:

I don't think it's a lack of trying, people just think we're this team who are better than they are. We're better than this game but I feel like next season will be an eye opener for many. 

6 out injured and Vyner begun on the bench, our depth is sketchy IMO.

Twine has been infuriatingly wasteful. His City career reminds me of Mehmeti's first season here. Way off the pace. 

Mehmeti today reminds me of Mehmeti's first season here. Way off the pace.

• Flames 1

This performance lies fully at Manning’s door.

He should have ensured the players were up to it, and have been braver to change things as match ploughed downwards from City’s perspective.

I am not confident for next season with Manning and Tinnion in charge of transfers in close season, let alone JL

• Like 5
  • Flames 1
6 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Still down as it stands, Plymouth and Blackburn both need to hold what they have.

I hope Blackburn go down, I think they are the third worst team in the league 

Edit oops

Edited by cidercity1987
  • Confused 1