IGNORED

Play offs

1 hour ago, Slippin cider said:

Rather Bolton than Barnsley….:yawn:

Barnsley have near neighbours in Rotherham, Huddersfield and Sheffield. Whoever gets relegated with Rotherham will have reduced travelling next season.

With Sheff U relegated out of the Prem and Leeds possibly blowing their promotion run, not too much to cheer about in South and West Yorks.

Edited by 22A
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Is Cundy injured? Doesn’t look like he’s played for a while 

Missed the entire season injured.

Out of contract I think, can’t think he’ll get another.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I agree, but he is still a lovely passer.

Unique looking player, a point made at the time I think. Also played in a pretty unique position ahead of the ball which I wasn't expecting for a lad who looks like a CDM.

I was actually impressed in the end.

I came home from Stoke and watched the Oxford v Peterborough match. The commentator said something like "When Liam Manning left Des Buckingham totally changed the way they play and put his own mark on the team, and they are a joy to watch, both teams here tonight are. It's never easy changing your manager mid season but the results speak for themselves"

Not exactly word for word but certainly the gist. Made me think.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

I came home from Stoke and watched the Oxford v Peterborough match. The commentator said something like "When Liam Manning left Des Buckingham totally changed the way they play and put his own mark on the team, and they are a joy to watch, both teams here tonight are. It's never easy changing your manager mid season but the results speak for themselves"

Not exactly word for word but certainly the gist. Made me think.

Well Oxfords results are certainly far worse under Buckingham than they were under Manning, dunno if the commentator mentioned that 

34 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Well Oxfords results are certainly far worse under Buckingham than they were under Manning, dunno if the commentator mentioned that 

I wasn't really watching/listening that intently. I was alerted to Mannings name mentioned and as I said the commentator saying how the style of play had changed for the better. This is the first time outside of here, the club etc that I've heard him mentioned, by a neutral as such. I was just interested that was all.

I think from memory Manning was poached from them when they were doing well, so it's nice for their fans they are in with a shot at promotion. As I said it was interesting that they style of play was mentioned and how good they are to watch now. Obviously many have been critical of the style we play now so it was relevant I thought?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RedM said:

I wasn't really watching/listening that intently. I was alerted to Mannings name mentioned and as I said the commentator saying how the style of play had changed for the better. This is the first time outside of here, the club etc that I've heard him mentioned, by a neutral as such. I was just interested that was all.

I think from memory Manning was poached from them when they were doing well, so it's nice for their fans they are in with a shot at promotion. As I said it was interesting that they style of play was mentioned and how good they are to watch now. Obviously many have been critical of the style we play now so it was relevant I thought?

Very relevant RedM, we all want a successful team that's 'a joy to watch' and this is what Buckingham seems to have achieved at Oxford post Manning by not only leading the club into the play offs, but doing so in a style the fans apparently appreciate.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Adelakun starting for Donny, Tommy Rowe on the bench.

Completely passed me by that Dave Rennie is now at Doncaster.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Markthehorn said:

What a great run of form Doncaster are on .

Seem unstoppable.

The League Two table in February is totally insane. Even going into March then were 20 odd points behind Crewe and managed to finish above them 

• Haha 1

Well Yes, of course Graham, my post was facetious, but it was just a lighthearted, throwaway comment.

On a more serious note, what is Dave Rennie, the medical one, doing at Doncaster?

I mean, Good Luck to both him and Doncaster (although, I have always had a soft spot for Crewe and their youth development, Dario Gradi’s indiscretions notwithstanding), but I thought with his background with Leicester he would have gone on to something a bit better after leaving City.

• Like 1