IGNORED

Imagine

JAWS

If SL wasn't our owner but he had been employed & trusted with someone else's money to make ALL the decisions.

How long do you think he would've lasted in the 'job'?

Also imagine that 'someone's' reaction if they had just returned from extended leave (22 yrs 🤭). 'So Steve, we're still not in the Premier league & I see we haven't been in there once in the 22 years I've been away!? 😤 Not only that but you've bought a rugby & basketball team & saddled me with over £200 million in debt which I'm never likely to get back as no one's gonna buy us now ffs you melt! Our merch is shit too! I may as well have left Marina in charge. Now get your coat and take crayon boy with you 👋

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 1
  • Facepalm 12

Imagine if SL became a self made billionaire in the financial world and decided to invest/buy/share his wealth around the City of his birth?

Its his money - he can do what he bloody well likes with it.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1

This is the second near identical thread you’ve started about the owner and the board in the last couple of days and neither thread really seems to be making a point that’s particularly distinct from those being made in countless other threads that already existed about the board and owners.

Don’t get me wrong - I share your concerns about Steve and Jon Lansdown and am far from optimistic about next season - but I’m not at all clear why you keep starting new threads to make the exact same points over and over? It feels a bit spammy, to be honest.

• Like 5
  • Hmmm 1

23 minutes ago, JAWS said:

If SL wasn't our owner but he had been employed & trusted with someone else's money to make ALL the decisions.

Also imagine that 'someone's' reaction if they had just returned from extended leave (22 yrs 🤭). 'So Steve, we're still not in the Premier league & I see we haven't been in there once in the 22 years I've been away!? 😤 Not only that but you've bought a rugby & basketball team & saddled me with over £200 million in debt which I'm never likely to get back as no one's gonna buy us now ffs you melt! Our merch is shit too! I may as well have left Marina in charge. Now get your coat and take crayon boy with you 👋

tiny-violin_400x333.jpg

31 minutes ago, JAWS said:

If SL wasn't our owner but he had been employed & trusted with someone else's money to make ALL the decisions.

.... it's easy if you try

(No promotion to strive for, above us only .... Man City)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Imagine if SL became a self made billionaire in the financial world and decided to invest/buy/share his wealth around the City of his birth?

Its his money - he can do what he bloody well likes with it.

But we never should have let him.

• Like 1

I’m not a massive fan of SL but I appreciated what he’s done for our club in the past 22 years.

look at the facilities we now have compared to before he took over as chairman.

Now look at where we have been playing since he has been owner / chairman.

15 out of his 22 seasons in the championship 68% we have been in the championship / 2nd division 

Now look at our record the 22 years prior to him becoming chairman. 4 out of the previous 22 seasons we were in the 2nd division that’s 18%.

So if the owner returned after 22 years I think he would be quite happy that he taken a mid table 3rd division club with crap facilities to an established 2nd division club with excellent facilities. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

20 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

This is the second near identical thread you’ve started about the owner and the board in the last couple of days and neither thread really seems to be making a point that’s particularly distinct from those being made in countless other threads that already existed about the board and owners.

Don’t get me wrong - I share your concerns about Steve and Jon Lansdown and am far from optimistic about next season - but I’m not at all clear why you keep starting new threads to make the exact same points over and over? It feels a bit spammy, to be honest.

I think that those of us with this opinion should start a thread every single day. 

What else is there to do?

Stay silent?

That's what they want. 

Not me.

S.U.A.F.O.

Edited by Superjack
The important bit.

14 minutes ago, Superjack said:

I think that those of us with this opinion should start a thread every single day. 

Stay silent?

That's what they want. 

Not me.

S.U.A.F.O.

Starting a thread is about as close to doing nothing as possible!  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Starting a thread is about as close to doing nothing as possible!  

Yeah. 

Close. 

But at least it is doing something. 

But never mind, you just carry on accepting everything because "Well, if I speak out, it won't change anything anyway".

Best of luck with that.

Edited by Superjack
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Yeah. 

Close. 

But at least it is doing something. 

But never mind, you just carry on accepting everything because "Well, if I speak out, it won't change anything anyway".

Best of luck with that.

Start a thread instead of actually doing something if it makes you feel better.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Superjack said:

And what exactly do you expect me to do?

Not pretend that starting a thread achieves anything!  You don’t have much power as a single fan. Not giving the club any of your money is about all you can do.  Writing on a forum and thinking that means you aren’t accepting it is naive. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAWS said:

Imagine… you decided to go on a Bristol City forum, name yourself after a great Spielberg movie. Then waste 5 minutes, or so, of your time posting a load of old tosh, on said forum.

Just imagine!

COYR.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

A completely unrealistic "what if" 

He owns the club & let's face it, without his private funding we wouldn't have the facilities we all enjoy now. Let's not forget we were possibly the ONLY club in the entire football league at the time without any hospitality boxes. He puts the local council to shame with top rate facilities and don't forget he got shafted with the Ashton Vale stadium debacle and could've walked away then. Nothing will ever get done in this City without the type of private funding he has provided. It will still continue with the Sporting Quarter.

The operation is so slick Ashton Gate  has concerts held there every year with headline acts bringing yet more revenue to the club and income to the area. The only question mark is on the pitch where we have fallen short.

Yes, there are question marks over decisions made and we all question what direction the club is going into but he's going nowhere unless a viable buyer/investor is willing to buy in and carry on.

Everyone's views are valid but you'll get a better response and debate by being a little more respectful.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Swede said:

A completely unrealistic "what if" 

He owns the club & let's face it, without his private funding we wouldn't have the facilities we all enjoy now. Let's not forget we were possibly the ONLY club in the entire football league at the time without any hospitality boxes. He puts the local council to shame with top rate facilities and don't forget he got shafted with the Ashton Vale stadium debacle and could've walked away then. Nothing will ever get done in this City without the type of private funding he has provided. It will still continue with the Sporting Quarter.

The operation is so slick Ashton Gate  has concerts held there every year with headline acts bringing yet more revenue to the club and income to the area. The only question mark is on the pitch where we have fallen short.

Yes, there are question marks over decisions made and we all question what direction the club is going into but he's going nowhere unless a viable buyer/investor is willing to buy in and carry on.

Everyone's views are valid but you'll get a better response and debate by being a little more respectful.

It's funny you say the 'only question mark' is on the pitch! 

You mean the reason we're all here!🤦‍♂️

And as for respect. Perhaps SL would earn more if he was a bit more respectful to us. So he can do one.

43 minutes ago, Tangle Foot said:

Imagine… you decided to go on a Bristol City forum, name yourself after a great Spielberg movie. Then waste 5 minutes, or so, of your time posting a load of old tosh, on said forum.

Just imagine!

COYR.

I Love You GIF by Sesame Street

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Superjack said:

Stay silent?

That's what they want. 

Not me.

S.U.A.F.O.

🙌

2 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Different slant on it this time LB. Trying to get through! 

Screenshot_20240307-221141_Google.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Not pretend that starting a thread achieves anything!  You don’t have much power as a single fan. Not giving the club any of your money is about all you can do.  Writing on a forum and thinking that means you aren’t accepting it is naive. 

I don't give the Lansdowns any of my money any more, and never will. 

I don't pretend anything.

But I won't be silenced by you or anyone else.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Superjack said:

I don't give the Lansdowns any of my money any more, and never will. 

I don't pretend anything.

But I won't be silenced by you or anyone else.

I’m not trying to silence you!  You just aren’t achieving anything by starting a thread every day 

Ignoring the irony here of people in the thread posting that posting in a thread does no good…

We know the club read this forum. Things are said here then magically alluded to by the club in pressers shortly thereafter. You have the technical director blocking people based on their social media. You have post Pearsons sacking Bristol Sport employees trying to influence opinion on here. The club read this - and they would be fools not to. It’s excellent continual market research.

So, when there are comments along the lines of “writing on a forum does nothing”, those are the comments that are naive. Well constructed and reasoned posts here are far more likely to be taken seriously than painting “JOHNSON OUT DWARF SHORT” on a bedsheet, and we’re way past the days of chanting “Sack the Board” outside the Williams entrance.

The comments along the lines of “well you get the money and buy the club” are also bloody daft. I’m damn sure nobody has £200m knocking about.

Whether people like it or not this forum is one of the most surefire ways of the club knowing satisfaction or dissatisfaction - so, yeah, posting is actually “doing something” and the attitude shown by some on this thread is a bit odd.

• Like 3
  • Flames 3

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Ignoring the irony here of people in the thread posting that posting in a thread does no good…

We know the club read this forum. Things are said here then magically alluded to by the club in pressers shortly thereafter. You have the technical director blocking people based on their social media. You have post Pearsons sacking Bristol Sport employees trying to influence opinion on here. The club read this - and they would be fools not to. It’s excellent continual market research.

So, when there are comments along the lines of “writing on a forum does nothing”, those are the comments that are naive. Well constructed and reasoned posts here are far more likely to be taken seriously than painting “JOHNSON OUT DWARF SHORT” on a bedsheet, and we’re way past the days of chanting “Sack the Board” outside the Williams entrance.

The comments along the lines of “well you get the money and buy the club” are also bloody daft. I’m damn sure nobody has £200m knocking about.

Whether people like it or not this forum is one of the most surefire ways of the club knowing satisfaction or dissatisfaction - so, yeah, posting is actually “doing something” and the attitude shown by some on this thread is a bit odd.

Come on Silvio, he's literally spamming the same message over and over. I'm sorry but regardless of whether the club or hierarchy look at the forum it is pointless. What are they going to do after seeing this pearl of wisdom? Oh yeah Jaws is right.. I'll sell up tomorrow. Of course not. I've said many times before if fans aren't happy vote with your feet. They clearly haven't and don't each year as attendances keep climbing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RedRoss said:

Come on Silvio, he's literally spamming the same message over and over. I'm sorry but regardless of whether the club or hierarchy look at the forum it is pointless. What are they going to do after seeing this pearl of wisdom? Oh yeah Jaws is right.. I'll sell up tomorrow. Of course not. I've said many times before if fans aren't happy vote with your feet. They clearly haven't and don't each year as attendances keep climbing.

But then realistically everything is pointless? If I said on here Mark Sykes was shit that doesn’t mean we sell him. If you post Rob Dickie is awesome it doesn’t mean we give him a new contract. If people want to say “posting is pointless” then they probably shouldn’t post themselves!

My point is that the club (sensibly) use this forum to gauge the fanbase. And there are reasons behind ticket sales other than satisfaction as we know.

Ultimately all that will change things for Steve is if he gets the money he wants. But any company worth their salt does market research.

And I do agree, that posting the same thread (or a variation thereof) can be tiresome. But I’m not going to belittle the guy for it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JAWS said:

It's funny you say the 'only question mark' is on the pitch! 

You mean the reason we're all here!🤦‍♂️

And as for respect. Perhaps SL would earn more if he was a bit more respectful to us. So he can do one.

I Love You GIF by Sesame Street

Yep, its the reason we're all here along with the rest of the clubs outside the Premier League.

You do have a valid point regarding respect. I have felt let down by the club but this also goes back to when Swiss Tony took six weeks of rigorous and thorough searching to appoint an as yet untried head coach who was amazingly already on the payroll. How lucky is that!

It seems the bigger the organisation gets the more detached it gets from the important people which are the fans.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

But then realistically everything is pointless? If I said on here Mark Sykes was shit that doesn’t mean we sell him. If you post Rob Dickie is awesome it doesn’t mean we give him a new contract. If people want to say “posting is pointless” then they probably shouldn’t post themselves!

My point is that the club (sensibly) use this forum to gauge the fanbase. And there are reasons behind ticket sales other than satisfaction as we know.

Ultimately all that will change things for Steve is if he gets the money he wants. But any company worth their salt does market research.

And I do agree, that posting the same thread (or a variation thereof) can be tiresome. But I’m not going to belittle the guy for it.

It's not pointless because I think this thread isn't really about changing anything re the club. It's for attention and ironically I've added to it.

We've had loads of these disillusioned threads pop up especially the last 12 months. Many of them say things like 'I won't renew my ST' or just waffle like the OP. Then months later they've renewed and are actively posting in match threads about the game. It's all about personal attention and achieves nothing.

Belittle him.. Like he's done to to JL in the starting post? If you were JL would you consider a fans point of view if they call you crayon boy? Again it's not going to achieve anything especially like that.

• Like 1