IGNORED

Retained list

It does seem to take a long time but I suppose that we only have one set of people to negotiate contracts and they have to deal with multiple players and their agents who will be also speaking to other clubs.

I don't though see why they don't announce contracts or releases as they become final rather than waiting to finish them all and then provide a complete listing.

Most clubs seem to provide a list of

In contract players

Out of contract and released

Out of contract and in negotiations

Not quite like the past where we lost the play off final one day and the next day announced our top goalscorer was out on his ass (Byfield)

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

In contract players

Not quite like the past where we lost the play off final one day and the next day announced our top goalscorer was out on his ass (Byfield)

I missed seeing his other half.... 

Manning explained at his last presser that the staff at AG ‘still have a lot to do’ and that includes finalising and releasing the retained list. 

I’m guessing but early next week?

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Manning explained at his last presser that the staff at AG ‘still have a lot to do’ and that includes finalising and releasing the retained list. 

I’m guessing but early next week?

Did you miss that he also said that he hoped to have retained list out by the end of this week???

Edited by Davefevs

53 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

In contract players

The fact that Byfield was our top gol scorer was one of the reasons we didn’t go up automatically. Promotion teams need goals 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

The fact that Byfield was our top gol scorer was one of the reasons we didn’t go up automatically. Promotion teams need goals 

It was the main reason.

To be fair to Darren, if you pay £100k for a striker then you expect the other one you paid ten times that for to have scored more than him..

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Aah imagine an in-form, well adjusted Maynard in that side...all clubs could do it, composite putting players from different phases.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Did you miss that he also said that he hoped to have retained list out by the end of this week???

?? Seems your reply is either trying to embarrass robbored or highlight a failing by the club (what a shock) robbored mostly likely heard that in the press conference but took note of the word “hope” and has then also noted that it is nearly the end of the week so takes a not unreasonable leap to suggest it will now be next week

Im Sure this is another lansdown failing should a restrospective press conference not be be called to clarify these comments and finally tell us the truth about when this list will be produced

• Like 1
  • Confused 6
  • Facepalm 5

I could be wrong but I'm suspecting the retained list to be 90% things we know or suspect already.

King's obviously retired. I suspect we'll get an announcement we're negotiating with Williams rather than that a contract has been signed.

I imagine Weimann, Wiles-Richards, Idehen, Kadji, (Zac) Bell, Boyd and Acey will all be released with thanks.

That leaves Matty James plus Backwell, Francois and Leeson as the question marks. I reckon Backwell will be offered something but the other three I'm far less sure. Really hope we at least negotiate with James but we shall see.  

Edited by LondonBristolian
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I could be wrong but I'm suspecting the retained list to be 90% things we know or suspect already.

King's obviously retired. I suspect we'll get an announcement we're negotiating with Williams rather than that a contract has been signed.

I imagine Weimann, Wiles-Richards, Idehen, Kadji, Bell, Boyd and Acey will all be released with thanks.

That leaves Matty James plus Backwell, Francois and Leeson as the questions marks. I reckon Backwell will be offered something but the other three I'm far less sure. Really hope we at least negotiate with James but we shall see.  

I agree but I guess it's the 10% we don't know that is the most intriguing i.e James (offered a contract or not)

I think Francois won't get a contract. He's 22 at the end of this year and hasn't really kicked on. Not sure about Leeson, he's always looked decent but I thought the same about Vince Harper.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

I agree but I guess it's the 10% we don't know that is the most intriguing i.e James (offered a contract or not)

I think Francois won't get a contract. He's 22 at the end of this year and hasn't really kicked on. Not sure about Leeson, he's always looked decent but I thought the same about Vince Harper.

In fairness, Harper has made a good number of appearances in League One since joining Exeter. Leeson strikes me as someone who, with the right mentality and a bit of luck, will have a career as a professional footballer but the big question is whether that ends up being with us...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Obviously I missed him saying that - so later today or tomorrow then.

16 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Really thought Francois would kick on this season n be next to break out, guess was wrong

Just now, alexukhc said:

Really thought Francois would kick on this season n be next to break out, guess was wrong

I'm still a bit surprised and disappointed Taylor-Clarke hasn't built on last season (not sure if injuries a factor). At the beginning of the season, I felt optimistic neither he nor Araoye were far from being around the first team and neither has happened. 

6 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I'm still a bit surprised and disappointed Taylor-Clarke hasn't built on last season (not sure if injuries a factor). At the beginning of the season, I felt optimistic neither he nor Araoye were far from being around the first team and neither has happened. 

Yea OTC looked alright, did get an injury and was out for awhile, maybe lost motivation, going on loan to Yate then didn’t make his debut long after, maybe too big a leap too soon

42 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

It matters a great deal.

The release of the retained list is a vital annual ritual which we're all waiting on before we can start the "why haven't we signed anyone yet?" threads...

It's never too early for the "why haven't we signed anyone yet?" thread!

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I imagine Weimann, Wiles-Richards, Idehen, Kadji, (Zac) Bell, Boyd and Acey will all be released with thanks.

That leaves Matty James plus Backwell, Francois and Leeson as the question marks. I reckon Backwell will be offered something but the other three I'm far less sure. Really hope we at least negotiate with James but we shall see.  

The players will undoubtedly know already - when any club says “we’ve not had those talks yet” three weeks from the end of season and they know they’re not going up or down then they’re (harmlessly) fibbing.

The likely delay to any release date will be Williams. We know we’ve offered and it’s just a case of whether we can confirm he’s renewed, turned down, or in talks. But the list of who we want to release, was as always, known internally a while ago.

1 hour ago, Fjmcity said:

?? Seems your reply is either trying to embarrass robbored or highlight a failing by the club (what a shock) robbored mostly likely heard that in the press conference but took note of the word “hope” and has then also noted that it is nearly the end of the week so takes a not unreasonable leap to suggest it will now be next week

Im Sure this is another lansdown failing should a restrospective press conference not be be called to clarify these comments and finally tell us the truth about when this list will be produced

Embarrass @Robbored, as he doesn’t like to speculate, but does exactly that.  He knows it, and we all play along with him.

Nothing to do with club, hierarchy, Manning, Pearson, Alan Dicks, Harry Dolman, purely a cheap dig at Mr “I always rely on the OS” Robinson.

Don’t be so sensitive / precious about your beloved BCFC / Hierarchy!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Injuries ruined his season. Only managed 1 sub appearance on bench for first team.

2 hours ago, Fjmcity said:

Definitely evil intent behind the post because that’s all people have time for and, of course, you were bang on identifying it and calling it out…..no paranoia there at all 👏👏👏👏👏👏.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Embarrass @Robbored, as he doesn’t like to speculate, but does exactly that.  He knows it, and we all play along with him.

I don’t speculate on players either incoming or outgoing Dave and why I only trust the OS on the subject of players.

With regards to the retain list - it’s not rocket science to know that it’ll be tomorrow or next week……..…:cool2:

• Like 2

I know it’s been done to death but we must keep James. Even if he only plays 10-15 games next season, he is still the most intelligent footballer at the club. He has so much experience to pass on and you cannot underestimate his influence. 

• Like 1