IGNORED

Thank you Jamo

7 minutes ago, Antman said:

played more games for us than leicester

i would have kept him, his experience is invalauble and we are short of senior pro's now

Don’t know how people keep saying this when we don’t know how much he was on/wanting per week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Antman said:

i would have kept him, his experience is invalauble and we are short of senior pro's now

A good player but we need to evolve. Either him or Williams needed to move on this summer - and Williams being younger, coupled with his performances since Christmas - is the one that it makes sense keeping 

The only concern I would have is with him, King and Weimann all moving on, there is a distinct lack of experience in that dressing room 

Hopefully this is addressed 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Antman said:

Think his wages my be the issue,still a professional on the pitch and didn’t come here to just pick up a wage so wish him all the best 

1 hour ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Thanks Matty, great player, good luck with you next club, unless your are playing us as would not be surprised to see you still in the championship and closer to home.

Decent player, done a job, but far from great. If you are serious about promotion you don’t have Matty James in your team. There is a reason no realistic promotion hopefuls will be trying to sign him this summer.

Good luck to him though.

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 1

18 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Decent player, done a job, but far from great. If you are serious about promotion you don’t have Matty James in your team. There is a reason no realistic promotion hopefuls will be trying to sign him this summer.

Good luck to him though.

Without James we will be lower in the table.  He does the dirty work that all teams needs. Defensive mf dont grow in trees.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

Him King and Weimann have been great pros 

Need these type of players  in and around the dressing room

for the younger kids to look up to

especially if you have a lot of them

• Like 1

Shame to see him move on. He gave us 3 good seasons including the one just gone, which I think was his best.

I'm sure he'll end up with a decent club. No reason he couldn't do another season or 2 at this level.

Best of luck and thanks Jamo.

26 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

Without James we will be lower in the table.  He does the dirty work that all teams needs. Defensive mf dont grow in trees.

I agree, but the expectation for next season is promotion. We aren’t looking for players to stop us being lower league, we are looking for players to get us promoted.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Good luck to him though.

If you seen what I put on the other thread, that's exactly my thoughts

• Like 1

One of our better signings, and held together what was then a broken team, which then evolved into helping some of our younger players improve and develop. Raised standards in training and attitude.

Thank you Matty

He will not be short of offers. 

• Like 5

Very much feel that the club will regret that decision. I’ve mentioned it before . That’s wiemann, James, king & possibly wells gone in one hit. Who’s policing & passing on experience to that young squad now . Transition is necessary but I’d have kept Matty for another year. If results start to go poorly , who’s there to stop any problems within the dressing room ? 
manning ? No, tinnion or Lansdown 😂😂😂 I’ve said it before & I hope I’m wrong but I see a relegation battle ahead . 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Good luck to him though.

And that reason has nothing to do with his quality. It has everything to do with the fact that he will be 33 this summer. He’s played (albeit 10 years ago) significant roles in promotion teams at this level.

The reason we’re not resigning him is because of his age and (quite correctly) we’re reticent to offer a longer term deal to a player of that age. For the same reason, that will limit his market as people will be thinking of the potential for injury and the dropoff later in career - realistically he has one or two years left at this level.

So, I agree - promotion chasers won’t sign him. But chiefly because of how old he is as opposed to not having or needing a Matty James in their side - when we played Leicester at home him and Winks were like that Spider-Man meme!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

And that reason has nothing to do with his quality. It has everything to do with the fact that he will be 33 this summer. He’s played (albeit 10 years ago) significant roles in promotion teams at this level.

The reason we’re not resigning him is because of his age and (quite correctly) we’re reticent to offer a longer term deal to a player of that age. For the same reason, that will limit his market as people will be thinking of the potential for injury and the dropoff later in career - realistically he has one or two years left at this level.

So, I agree - promotion chasers won’t sign him. But chiefly because of how old he is as opposed to not having or needing a Matty James in their side - when we played Leicester at home him and Winks were like that Spider-Man meme!

I don’t think age comes into it. If he is good enough to make a difference at this level to a team looking for promotion, you’d sign him on a years contract as there is no risk attached.

The fact he wouldn’t make a difference to a promotion chasing team is the reason one won’t sign him.

20 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Very much feel that the club will regret that decision. I’ve mentioned it before . That’s wiemann, James, king & possibly wells gone in one hit. Who’s policing & passing on experience to that young squad now . Transition is necessary but I’d have kept Matty for another year. If results start to go poorly , who’s there to stop any problems within the dressing room ? 
manning ? No, tinnion or Lansdown 😂😂😂 I’ve said it before & I hope I’m wrong but I see a relegation battle ahead . 

I was with you until the relegation battle next season point- I'm not so certain there, but I do share concerns, experience and leadership to fall back on in tough periods, or with what to do next in strong runs is vital.

• Like 2