IGNORED

SOTC

The trouble with Manning is he sounds so boring I usually fall asleep when he’s talking. I’ll give it a miss and just read the summary on OTIB from those who managed to stay awake 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

The trouble with Manning is he sounds so boring I usually fall asleep when he’s talking. I’ll give it a miss and just read the summary on OTIB from those who managed to stay awake 

Deffo his favourite record wake me up before you Go Go 😄

28 minutes ago, Jobi said:

Defence comes first. 

To be fair it’s better now. 

Is it?

After NP final game in 1, after Fleming game in 2.

Screenshot_20240513-182404_Chrome.thumb.jpg.84223c20f4efc06cf6edddbc97daa1e9.jpgScreenshot_20240513-182439_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4ca9eedb8866c51caae2edbc59122879.jpg

26 minutes ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

We had the second best defensive record in the division when NP was moved on. We ended with the fourth best in the division. Still good, not better.

Was it 2nd best? Not sure.

Thinks it was joint 4th.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Is it?

After NP final game in 1, after Fleming game in 2.

Screenshot_20240513-182404_Chrome.thumb.jpg.84223c20f4efc06cf6edddbc97daa1e9.jpgScreenshot_20240513-182439_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4ca9eedb8866c51caae2edbc59122879.jpg

Was it 2nd best? Not sure.

Thinks it was joint 4th.

Ahh maybe it was pre-cardiff but i'm 100% sure we had the second best in this division, remember mentioning it on here at the time. 

Still the defence was our best part of the team prior to Manning's appointment. 

2 minutes ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

Ahh maybe it was pre-cardiff but i'm 100% sure we had the second best in this division, remember mentioning it on here at the time. 

Still the defence was our best part of the team prior to Manning's appointment. 

Perhaps it was prior to when the injuries started to pile up ie mid September (it was 6 in 7, 7 in 8 up to Plymouth Home and Leicester Away) bit it was joint 4th along witn a few others around the time of changes.

4 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Want to sign a striker, an 10, and a winger. I’d guess that’s not including any outgoings. 

Two quotes that stood out for me (outside of trying to shrug off that the retained list wasn’t sorted, less than a day before it was made public!)

Re Conway - he has a terrific offer. Ball is in his court. Want him to stay but also want people to be here, so basically make your mind up and either sign or stay. Still being challenged a lot at this level which shows it might be too early to jump. 

Re the club - joined because of the ambition the club pitched to him to convince him to join. “Need to back that up in the summer”. Aka, put your money where your mouth is. 

Fair play to him on both those fronts. 

If he thought they were going to back it up he wouldn’t say it. Maybe he’s not the yes man we all thought. If they don’t back it up it will be interesting to see his next move.  If the one striker we sign is the Motherwell one, that is not backing it up 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Want to sign a striker, an 10, and a winger. I’d guess that’s not including any outgoings. 

Two quotes that stood out for me (outside of trying to shrug off that the retained list wasn’t sorted, less than a day before it was made public!)

Re Conway - he has a terrific offer. Ball is in his court. Want him to stay but also want people to be here, so basically make your mind up and either sign or stay. Still being challenged a lot at this level which shows it might be too early to jump. 

Re the club - joined because of the ambition the club pitched to him to convince him to join. “Need to back that up in the summer”. Aka, put your money where your mouth is. 

Get the feeling he won’t be messed about by tinnion, I’m warming to him just minuscule.

• Like 2

The comments came accross in a way to me that could potentially cause more harm than good. 

On the one hand Mr Manning is saying he wants players to be all in and that players shouldn't jump ship etc, but that's exactly what he himself did at Oxford. 

We all know that if say a Southampton came in for Manning 2moro he'd be gone so that talk he gave is just rubbish really.

I think most of us would say Manning jumped from league one to the Championship too soon, but here he is criticising players for wanting to also progress their careers. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 7

12 minutes ago, petehinton said:

On joining, I would say it was more likely he joined us as he was then at Oxford in league 1.

If he was managing Real Madrid and we pitched to him the same ambition I don’t think it would have had the same impact…

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

The comments came accross in a way to me that could potentially cause more harm than good. 

On the one hand Mr Manning is saying he wants players to be all in and that players shouldn't jump ship etc, but that's exactly what he himself did at Oxford. 

We all know that if say a Southampton came in for Manning 2moro he'd be gone so that talk he gave is just rubbish really.

I think most of us would say Manning jumped from league one to the Championship too soon, but here he is criticising players for wanting to also progress their careers. 

I don’t think you can compare the two tbh. The situation is very different.

Tommy is out of contract, and has had his chance to show commitment to the club for the best part of a year, and hasn’t. 

He isn’t bigger than the club, and we shouldn’t be bending over backwards for him, in the same way that we didn’t for Massengo. 

FWIW there’s also no doubt in my mind Manning would be managing in the championship right now, if we hadn’t have come in for him. But that’s a moot point. 

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Perhaps it was prior to when the injuries started to pile up ie mid September (it was 6 in 7, 7 in 8 up to Plymouth Home and Leicester Away) bit it was joint 4th along witn a few others around the time of changes.

Offered without opinion….it depends on whether you evaluate “better defence” purely on goals conceded.

9 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

Get the feeling he won’t be messed about by tinnion, I’m warming to him just minuscule.

Me and @Silvio Dante have been saying he isn’t a yes man since day 1.  It is clear, whatever you think of him performance wise, he knows what he wants, and how he wants to get there.  No issues with that from me.  I think he’s made it clear again tonight he expects to be backed.

• Like 7