IGNORED

Manning 4th on bookies list for next Norwich City manager ......

6 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

oh dear! It's like Groundhog Day. Just imagine the reaction! 

We’ve done a thorough root and branch search on world football ( over the last six weeks) and we are pleased to announce that City legend Brian Tinnion will take over as manager of the club. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, TedsHeadIs Red said:

If he goes, Norwich to go up and City to finish mid-table.

If he stays, City to finish mid-table. 

Why the pessimism THR? maybe you have a crystal ball?…………:dunno:

• Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

We’ve done a thorough root and branch search on world football ( over the last six weeks) and we are pleased to announce that City legend Brian Tinnion will take over as manager of the club. 

I hope they sit on chairs lined up on the pitch like last time! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

You can see this one for quite a few reasons.

- As @Olé says we outplayed them at Carrow Road 

- There are local links

- Liams already shown he won’t blink twice at the chance of what he considers a better opportunity

- He’s of the mould they’re looking for in a young (cough) “on the grass” coach

- More money to spend

- If he’s got half a brain, he’ll have realised what a shitshow the management is here. And also know that he’s not fully out of the woods.

Any approach he’s off. It’s just a case of is the approach comes.

Completely agree Silvio, he’s got previous clearly so if they come in he’s gone. 

I said jokingly when Nige left maybe history would repeat itself and he came back and we get promoted with him, stabilise, he moves on, foreign coach comes in and we win the title! 😂

Seriously though you can absolutely see this playing out for Manning and him leaving for Norwich. 

Edited by One Team

3 hours ago, headhunter said:

He wouldn't would he?

Behind Cuesta [Asst. at Arsenal], Still & Rosenoir.

Was born in Norwich.

Perhaps we should grab the bull by the horns and offer Tommy as a sweetener to make sure it happens..

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, The Fat Controller said:

If he did, he would be the first City manager to be poached since the universally popular Tony Pulis. 

I will always be grateful to Portsmouth for taking him off our hands. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, headhunter said:

He wouldn't would he?

Behind Cuesta [Asst. at Arsenal], Still & Rosenoir.

Was born in Norwich.

If he takes Cornick with him then I will attend church every day till I die

• Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, The Journalist said:

If Norwich came calling (massive if) there’s no way he stays here.

His track record shows he’s a career coach and ultimately they’re a way bigger club with way bigger potential. No brainer.

He aint staying here, why would he? Nothing to aim for except mid table mediocrity under the Lansdown’s mess.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, One Team said:

Interesting. Normally you'd think this would be very unlikely but there are quite a few connections here; and of course we know he wouldn't think twice about jumping ship. 

But Junior just said himself that we now have a coach that isn't just focused on his career... 🤷

• Like 1

I think one of the reasons I've not really warmed to Liam is because despite him constantly talking about behaviours and wanting players to be all in, we know as soon as a club slightly higher up the pyramid comes in for him he'll be gone without a second thought. 

Oxford revived his career and they invested heavily in him and then just a few months later he buggered off. I've never felt comfortable with that. 

• Like 11
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 2
  • Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Devils advocate - how much does it disrupt the summer? We’re told we play the same way through the club and assumedly that won’t change if we change head coach. Bird was on radar pre Manning arriving as was Murphy so 2/3 of our effective summer arrivals are coach agnostic. If it’s done this week then it shouldn’t disrupt much at all if what we are told how the club works is accurate….

That's such a cop out point to a relevant response to how strange fans are that for 'comedy' they would rather potentially damage their club due to bitterness re the hierarchy. Regardless if there's a style of play other clubs call it identity set by a club, a change of manager will always cause affect. That affect could be negative or positive but it could relegate the club. Just seems weird but I'm sort of used to that on here especially the last 6 months.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think one of the reasons I've not really warmed to Liam is because despite him constantly talking about behaviours and wanting players to be all in, we know as soon as a club slightly higher up the pyramid comes in for him he'll be gone without a second thought. 

Oxford revived his career and they invested heavily in him and then just a few months later he buggered off. I've never felt comfortable with that. 

Indeed. If he was going to go you'd want it to be now before any summer business is done and pre-season starts. 

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Brian…? Do you fancy a go?

Of course he does! I reckon he’s called Delia to recommend Mr Manning this morning!

”Great behaviors D and he loves a jammy dodger(like me)”

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Brian…? Do you fancy a go?

What an press conference announcement that could be.

JL “after a rigorous discussion in the leadership committee, where we ensured all the right behaviours were adhered to, we came to a joint conclusion”

the lights in the room dim 

JL “ladies, gentlemen and non-binary folk, it’s my pleasure to introduce…”

Fog on the Tyne starts to play, the Bristol Post jorno cant contain himself and turns to Joe Simms “Oh my god Joe that’s Brian Tinnions music”

In walks the legend himself.  Images flash on the big screen of that goal he scored 30 years ago. Fireworks surround the stage.  People faint in excitement in the legends presence. 

JL “…The Teknikal Directum himself, Brian Tinnion” 

Brian takes the mic, happy incoherent geordie noises emanate from the stage. 

That’s an announcement.  None of this sitting around talking about “good humans”. Get it done City. 

• Haha 10

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Devils advocate - how much does it disrupt the summer? We’re told we play the same way through the club and assumedly that won’t change if we change head coach. Bird was on radar pre Manning arriving as was Murphy so 2/3 of our effective summer arrivals are coach agnostic. If it’s done this week then it shouldn’t disrupt much at all if what we are told how the club works is accurate….

But it's not accurate. We know that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

What an press conference announcement that could be.

JL “after a rigorous discussion in the leadership committee, where we ensured all the right behaviours were adhered to, we came to a joint conclusion”

the lights in the room dim 

JL “ladies, gentlemen and non-binary folk, it’s my pleasure to introduce…”

Fog on the Tyne starts to play, the Bristol Post jorno cant contain himself and turns to Joe Simms “Oh my god Joe that’s Brian Tinnions music”

In walks the legend himself.  Images flash on the big screen of that goal he scored 30 years ago. Fireworks surround the stage.  People faint in excitement in the legends presence. 

JL “…The Teknikal Directum himself, Brian Tinnion” 

Brian takes the mic, happy incoherent geordie noises emanate from the stage. 

That’s an announcement.  None of this sitting around talking about “good humans”. Get it done City. 

**** yes! You can see it all, just close your eyes!!

• Haha 1