IGNORED

Manning 4th on bookies list for next Norwich City manager ......

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I guarantee 95% minimum would do exactly what Manning did. 
You saying that not many managers have moved on that quickly doesn’t mean it wouldn’t happen. It just means not many managers have had the offer. 
Any manager who gets the offer to move up a division and increase their bank balance significantly will always jump at the chance. 
It’s not something to single out Manning with. 

Bearing in mind these people have families the same as everyone else why wouldn’t they take an opportunity to work at a higher level for more money. Strange stick to beat someone with considering you are in a profession where a few bad months equals the sack.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Bearing in mind these people have families the same as everyone else why wouldn’t they take an opportunity to work at a higher level for more money. Strange stick to beat someone with considering you are in a profession where a few bad months equals the sack.

I'm confused you seem to be agreeing to his point but then not agreeing at the same time.

• Like 1

Just now, RedRoss said:

I'm confused you seem to be agreeing to his point but then not agreeing at the same time.

I’m agreeing with his point. He didn’t criticise Manning for taking a higher paid job but one or two others have such as the poster he has replied to a couple of times in the thread.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, 42nite said:

A friend of mine was Pompey born and bred. He couldn't understand why I was so joyous and couldn't stop thanking him and shaking his hand uncontrollably!

He soon got it....a few weeks later a look of despondency had fallen upon him, and he gave me that knowing nod of realisation.

Ha!  'Ave it. 

To be fair he did what he was hired for there. I've checked.

He came in when Portsmouth had 23 points from 26 games and were definitely in a relegation scrap..long winless run.

Portsmouth finished 18th on 51 points, gaining some 28 from the final 20..8 wins too. They were 12 without a win, mostly losses when he begun.

Feeling he left due to off-field reasons.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

If Brighton had any sense they would look along the South Coast at either Iraola or Mousinho. Could Potter go back? maybe but he has turned down other jobs and this looks like a step backwards after his “failure” at Chelski. I guess we can’t call them that any more and now Boehly is spaffing millions on transfer fees they should really be called “Chel-seen-you coming”!

Edited by Dr Balls

1 hour ago, RedRoss said:

image.png.511e92738840f412dcb7a81fad74d7d2.png

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I don't disagree. However my comments were about Manning. I did explain why I had those thoughts. 

Yes there is little loyalty in football and everyone is essentially just passing through. However in my opinion it's likely Manning will pass through quicker than others and that's why I've not warmed to him. 

Not many managers have their career saved and then get given significant funds to spend and then bugger off months later. 

So you do rate Manning after all? 

• Haha 1

After all the talk about egos from JL this week, it would be hilarious if Manning’s ego took him home to Norwich. For what it’s worth, I find his style of play boring and he’s tactically limited so he can go with my blessing. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

No way would Norwich sack Wagner who has been there and done it in this leauge by guiding huddersfield to the Premier league and kept them there for a season which was seen as remarkable at the time who also guided Norwich to a play off place only to then appointment manning who has never done it in the championship and who has a recent sacking at leauge one level and who is also still very much learning. The pressure for a learning coach at a club like nowrich would be huge. Plus if manning did go there then I'd hope we would appointment wagner !!! Who's a better coach 

Edited by BCFC31

14 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

No way would Norwich sack Wagner who has been there and done it in this leauge by guiding huddersfield to the Premier league and kept them there for a season which was seen as remarkable at the time who also guided Norwich to a play off place only to then appointment manning who has never done it in the championship and who has a recent sacking at leauge one level and who is also still very much learning. The pressure for a learning coach at a club like nowrich would be huge. Plus if manning did go there then I'd hope we would appointment wagner !!! Who's a better coach 

6 pages of nothing as usual , just an opportunity for Manning and the board bashing from the usual suspects 

Texted someone I know up there and the word is it’s a foreign coach either Will Still or Carlos Cuesta and could be very close 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, The Journalist said:

What’s the saying… if you want to know the future look at the past?

Nothing we’ve done in either our long-term history or recent history suggests we’re a better club to be at than Norwich.

I still say there is no difference in the POTENTIAL of both clubs, that was my point, not what we have done up to now, personally, I think we are potentially a better bet whether we ever do live up to that is down to how we are run and who they choose to lead us.

45 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

He’s dropped to 25/1 now 😢

As usual, odds mean almost nothing - it’s just where the money is going.

Someone probably linked that Mannings from the area and requested the odds, doubt there’s any truth to this at all IMO

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cov 77 said:

6 pages of nothing as usual , just an opportunity for Manning and the board bashing from the usual suspects 

Texted someone I know up there and the word is it’s a foreign coach either Will Still or Carlos Cuesta and could be very close 

Yeah there's still a lot of hate for Manning on this forum. It's gonna be one of those next season where every defeat is greeted with Manning Out vibes

39 minutes ago, mozo said:

Yeah there's still a lot of hate for Manning on this forum. It's gonna be one of those next season where every defeat is greeted with Manning Out vibes

Every defeat is always greeted with The Manager/HC out vibes. 

It would hardly be a new phenomenon.

21 hours ago, The Journalist said:

If Norwich came calling (massive if) there’s no way he stays here.

His track record shows he’s a career coach and ultimately they’re a way bigger club with way bigger potential. No brainer.

Don’t think for a minute Norwich would entertain it and to be honest can’t see that he would either. 

The best thing to happen is that Manning goes to Norwich, Tinnion and Crayola get out of jail free with a payout to release him, and we get a number one who fits the needs of a non PP Champ club and the players we have. He is not McKenna. Miles off. I would be delighted if he left. 

Though our due diligence next time should not include talking to an ex city player who never actually worked with the person in question. 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, mozo said:

Bit strong don't you think - I don't see any hate for Manning on here at all.

Dislike and distrust of those that appointed him certainly, and many haven't taken to him and may well prefer he wasn't here due to his style of football, but I don't see any hate for LM at all. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, RollsRoyce said:

The best thing to happen is that Manning goes to Norwich, Tinnion and Crayola get out of jail free with a payout to release him, and we get a number one who fits the needs of a non PP Champ club and the players we have. He is not McKenna. Miles off. I would be delighted if he left. 

Though our due diligence next time should not include talking to an ex city player who never actually worked with the person in question. 

Strange take .

31 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Bit strong don't you think - I don't see any hate for Manning on here at all.

Dislike and distrust of those that appointed him certainly, and many haven't taken to him and may well prefer he wasn't here due to his style of football, but I don't see any hate for LM at all. 

Have you read this thread Noggers? Loads of "I hope he goes" posts. It's hardly supporting him!

Edited by mozo
  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1