IGNORED

Crawley v Crewe

Accrington Stanley are the only current league side, after Crawley will.

Hartlepool never have & missed out because of Christian Roberts, at Ashton Gate & then had their covid period play off final at Ashton Gate, but are obviously currently not a league club. 

Crawley are a remarkable story, as per this piece from Paul MacInnes:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/may/18/crawleys-crypto-bros-find-their-feet-and-focus-on-brighter-future

It's refreshing to see an owner admit that he was doing a bad job and was letting everybody down and caring enough to do something about it rather than doubling down.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Hartlepool never have & missed out because of Christian Roberts, at Ashton Gate & then had their covid period play off final at Ashton Gate, but are obviously currently not a league club. 

Would've missed out even if they'd won...final played in Cardiff remember

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baba Yaga said:

Bournemouth?

My poor guess apparently they got to an LDV final in the 90s, also they played spurs when they played home games there so 2 visits.

As for Crawley and Crewe I don't have a strong opinion about either, best memory is Enoch Showumni scoring the winner up in Crewe in the GJ promotion year.

4 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

My poor guess apparently they got to an LDV final in the 90s, also they played spurs when they played home games there so 2 visits.

As for Crawley and Crewe I don't have a strong opinion about either, best memory is Enoch Showumni scoring the winner up in Crewe in the GJ promotion year.

We had a 2-1 win at Crewe which gave Gerry Sweeney his 100% record as City manager.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

That was Millenium Stadium era 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Already like the look of Adebisi for Crewe at left back. Looks a really tidy player and rapid.

He was one of my “players to watch” pre-playoffs ***.  Athletic, quick, good aerially, especially defending the far post, and composed on the ball.

Reminds me of a left-footed Gary Charles (old Forest player).

Did well against Luke Molyneux in the semi.

*** a few of the others didn’t do very well!

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

The League Two play off kicking off at 1pm. Crawley getting to Wembley means only one club in the current 92 has never played there - any idea who?

Colchester.

24 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I wonder what the record for a play off campaign is.

In 2008 Hull had five different players score in their three games.