IGNORED

Closed-season optimism

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yeah the season just gone is alright.

However, struggling to see the grounds for optimism for the upcoming season personally albeit a lot can change between now and August. Lost a lot of experience and know-how in the last 12 months for a start.

To caveat I don't foresee a disaster just unfulfilled promise more likely. That can swing into better and worse but the current trajectory Idk.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Several mention the cup run as a reason for higher mark.

We won one game !!!! That ain't a cup run.

There’ll still be a commemorative shirt and open-top bus tour to celebrate the “run” on its 30th anniversary! 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

What is this "optimism", of which you speak?

MHH overall it read as a reasonably positive piece to me, or perhaps overall more positive than I would have put it! 

• Like 1

The optimism could be somewhat justified given a theoretically weaker division IF we had some proper confidence that we would build on the base.

That experience and know how potentially going out the door, well it isn't too late to salvage but we had better have some strong and in point recruitment and yes some experience or the solid base will be weakened  never mind the chance to build on it.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

It would be hilarious if the season ended with every club in alphabetical order. 

it used to bug me when there were several teams beginning with B, it would affect how far down the lists of results we were on a saturday.

used  to feel good if we were top of the list. funny how the old mind works sometimes.

not going to make much difference next season with games all over the place.

One of guys used the word ‘bland’ and that word perfectly sums up my view on last season. Two or three stand out moments, beating Southampton and Leicester plus West Ham in the FA Cup but pretty much every season has been like that. 

As I am with every new campaign I’m optimistic about the next one. Manning has gained some experience of the Championship and with new additions and an entire preseason to mould them into his methods City should be fully ready for August.

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

One of guys used the word ‘bland’ and that word perfectly sums up my view on last season. Two or three stand out moments, beating Southampton and Leicester plus West Ham in the FA Cup but pretty much every season has been like that. 

As I am with every new campaign I’m optimistic about the next one. Manning has gained some experience of the Championship and with new additions and an entire preseason to mould them into his methods City should be fully ready for August.

we are going to need  luck on and off the pitch to do any good next season, the coaches will do their best but they really do need some quality additions which i think will out of reach of what liam is allowed to have

4 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

we are going to need  luck on and off the pitch to do any good next season, the coaches will do their best but they really do need some quality additions which i think will out of reach of what Liam is allowed to have

JL and BT appointed Manning - he was their choice to take over from Nige and they’ll undoubtedly will provide as much of a war chest that can be afforded.He’ll be supported for sure as they want him to succeed just as we all do.

I’m sure that deals have already been done but with almost everyone involved being on their holidays we won’t hear anything significant until everybody is back.

If the whole squad is fit and available and the 3 new lads settle in quickly I personally think we need a big strong number 9 a dominant central midfielder and a speedy tricky winger , 

that should keep us out of the bottom 3 😂😂😂😂

seriously top 8 minimum for me , obviously hopefully play offs 

• Like 1