IGNORED

Best Way To Rushden

Taunton_City

I dont agree with the directions on the City site. Some of my family live in Rushden and I would say the best way is M4 to Swindon, then up past Oxford, through Silverstone and then Northampton. From Bridgwater its about 170 miles and takes just under 3 hours, so from Bristol about 140 miles in two and a half hours.

ive found a couple of ways:-

m5-j4a

m42-j7

m6-a14

a14-a6

a6-rushden

but the aa website says

m5-15

m4-oxford,then up the a415 to rushden!

whats the best way????

I make this trip quite regularly (well, not to Rushden, but I pass it on my way to Norfolk).

M5 - M42 - M6 - A14 - A6 is easily the quicker of the two routes. The A14 is a dual carriageway (with the inevitable speed cameras, mind) and the motorways are generally pretty clear.

One thing, take Junction 7A off the M42 (signposted M6 South) NOT Junction 7, as this takes you North and you'll end up in the Lake District.

http://www.thediamondsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/p...,,10784,00.html

Comes complete with directions and colour maps etc.

Plenty of car parking at the visitor's end they say. Visitors are accommodated in the Airwair Stand. Before being named that, it was simply THE EAST STAND. Is that an omen or what? "We are the East End.......

Simez; it's five miles from the Wellingborough station and they recommend a taxi as the busses are infrequent.

There is also a Doc Martens shop on site selling boots at discount prices!

Simez; it's five miles from the Wellingborough station and they recommend a taxi as the busses are infrequent.

Five miles, I was under the impression that it was six :P Seriously though there`s six of us going so we`ll grab a fast black to the ground.

Archived