IGNORED

Match Report From Tonight

brady bunch

played 4 4 2 and looked better, wycombe were defensive from the start and city took time to break them down.

no real stars on the night but Lee Miller had a another good game and won a lot of ball playing in both robbo and lita and we should have been ahead before we finally got the goal.

Bradly Orr worked hard, but lost the ball too much

Tommy did well but at the end was trying to get himself set off again

Murray looked much better and was warming to the game, when Tinman decided to sub him for Gillispie (who replaced him on the wing and provided the cross for the goal)

The goal was pretty simple in that it was a cross to the back post and Lita nodded it in from 7 yards out.

Smith and Woody both looked solid and the little and large show of Fortune and hill in the middle of defence also did more then okay.

Long way to go but much better then last saturday and at least we had shape and the players appeared to know what they were doing!!

Have you got an issue with Coles mate?

Yes, on current form. He has started the season appearing to believe his own hype. When he plays simple and concentrates on defending well he is an outstanding player at our level. When he trys to be Rio Ferdinand he makes a right T I T of himself. Stick to the basics and I have no issue with him.

Guest Champagne Football
Have you got an issue with Coles mate?

He does have a very good point though. It seems that Coles has become some what invincible over the past year. I remember before his 4 matches against Earnshaw (and really that is the only really good games I have seen him have.) I actually cringed to see his name in the team sheet, me and my mate used to go... 'oh no he is going to screw up again.'

I have no doubt he has certainly matured since, but the status he has achieved in my eyes isn't justified. I wouldn't be afraid to drop him.

Yes, on current form. He has started the season appearing to believe his own hype. When he plays simple and concentrates on defending well he is an outstanding player at our level. When he trys to be Rio Ferdinand he makes a right T I T of himself. Stick to the basics and I have no issue with him.

I see your point but perhaps Tinnion has encouraged him to play that way to see if he has a bit more in his locker room

I see your point but perhaps Tinnion has encouraged him to play that way to see if he has a bit more in his locker room

No mate.

All the hype went to his head and he started believing his own publicity, which is fatal.

Add to that an ambitious agent (for himself, not DC)and there you have it.

£400k (25% sell on) and he'd be gone tomorrow and that money would bring in a good centre half and a decent target man.

We've been bid more for Fortune this year, think about that.

played 4 4 2 and looked better, wycombe were defensive from the start and city took time to break them down.

no real stars on the night but Lee Miller had a another good game and won a lot of ball playing in both robbo and lita and we should have been ahead before we finally got the goal.

Murray looked much better and was warming to the game, when Tinman decided to sub him for Gillispie (who replaced him on the wing and provided the cross for the goal)

The goal was pretty simple in that it was a cross to the back post and Lita nodded it in from 7 yards out.

Smith and Woody both looked solid and the little and large show of Fortune and hill in the middle of defence also did more then okay.

Long way to go but much better then last saturday and at least we had shape and the players appeared to know what they were doing!!

Funny, two of my mates phoned me from the ground and gave a differing account.Still, all about opinions. ;)

Think this match report seems a little to good to be true

Think this match report seems a little to good to be true

This bloke was at different game to me.

e.g. Miller is a great trier but he will never, I repeat never, be the answer to our problems. You wait and see. He's a striker. He hardly ever scores. His control is average and he's got no pace.

Glad we won but this is not a promotion team. Not without a proper target man. A guy who terrorises defences.

e.g. Miller is a great trier but he will never, I repeat never, be the answer to our problems. You wait and see. He's a striker. He hardly ever scores. His control is average and he's got no pace.

Glad we won but this is not a promotion team. Not without a proper target man. A guy who terrorises defences.

I can assure you I was at the same game, just saw it through positive eyes! We won for goodness sake, we had shape for once, the players appeared to know the system. Yes we should have thrashed them, yes we ned a target man, yes we can improve. but we won! its a start I feel better and so should you lot.

I agree with your comments on Miller in general, I never said he was a target man or the answer to our problem in that area, what I said was he won most of the balls played up to him last night, on top of that his flick on's actually want to his fellow strikers (unlike Peacock)

Until we get a Howard type player he should stay in the side as we need a bit of height for both defence and attack.

fair point. I was trying to be upbeat, but you are right in that if I had landed from mars I would not have been able to tell which team was in what division.

We are miles away from top table performances, but we are back to winning ways.

Good players do not become bad players over night Murray and co will come good for us.

PS: What is the thinking behind "theoldfirstdivision" I like it!

fair point. I was trying to be upbeat, but you are right in that if I had landed from mars I would not have been able to tell which team was in what division.

We are miles away from top table performances, but we are back to winning ways.

Good players do not become bad players over night Murray and co will come good for us.

PS: What is the thinking behind "theoldfirstdivision" I like it!

It's a multi-faceted pun (if you can have one of those) I'm old. The old old first division was where I was happiest i.e. 76-80. We even wanted to be in the 'old' first division this season but bizarrely ended up in League One. Plus this re-naming stuff is nonsense

Archived