IGNORED

Most Injured City Player Ever

redrobin108

With the injury prone Lee Matthews probably going on loan to Darlington, who is the most injured player ever to play for us.

Lee Matthews averages only 5 games a season since turning professional in 1997.

He has completed only 30 league & cup games.

Which other player can match this record.

As BTR FTG says, Dave Merrington. For you younger members, we signed him when he was injured and he never recovered, didn't play for us and finally retired from the game. We received an insurance payment due to that.

Signing injured players isn't always a bad thing. remember, John Galley had an arm in plaster when we signed him and he scored a debut hat trick!

Guest kiwired

Jimmy Harvey, a usefull player signed from Hereford by Terry Cooper. I think he only managed a couple of games for us during his time with us.

Terry Conner. signedfrom Portsmouth (I think) for around £200,000 and kept getting injured.

These 2 players never had much luck when it came to being fit

As BTR FTG says, Dave Merrington.  For you younger members, we signed him when he was injured and he never recovered, didn't play for us and finally retired from the game.  We received an insurance payment due to that.

Signing injured players isn't always a bad thing.  remember, John Galley had an arm in plaster when we signed him and he scored a debut hat trick!

I thought it was his leg in plaster?

You're right Tompo, I just re-read the history book; Galley's left ankle was in plaster, but the medical advice was that one month's rest would be enough so Alan Dicks paid Rotherham the £25,000 fee. How much did Goater cost from Rotherham? :D

Going further back, just after Bob Wright retired as Manager, Sid thomas was signed from Fulham. He had been there 12 years and won 4 caps for Wales. After just 13 games for City he contracted tubercolosis and had to retire. City sought compensation from Fulham (some things never change). Dolman suggested Fulham give City a reserve player instead of cash, but nothing came of it and City had to pay the full transfer fee for a player who had retired. ;)

Archived