IGNORED

Wycombe Tonight

thatcham red

Everything's comparative in this world. Compared to Swindon and Bournemouth, we were good tonight. Compared to what we should be doing to average 3rd division sides like Wycombe, we were poor, and that is the hurtful truth.

For once, we looked reasonably solid, albeit pedestrian in the first half. Once we stepped up the pace a bit in the second half we actually threatened to score before we actually did.

Positives - Gillespie looked sharp when he came on and within 10 minutes did what Murray failled to do in 70 and got behind the defence to cross for the goal. Phillips caught everything and Fortune looked assured at the back. Miller worked hard and never gave up. Lita just can't help being in the right place at the right time, thank goodness. :wub:

Negatives - Still disjointed, Orr needs to stay on his feet more, Roberts didn't get into the game until the second half and Scott never did. We don't seem to be able to put a passing move together without it pinging off a shin to the opposition. Tommy looked shagged even as he stepped off the team bus. :unsure:

Well done those that travelled, at least tried to create an atmosphere with only about a handful of Wycombe. Wouldn't mind betting we doubled their attendance tonight ;)

Excellant summary,Red but what is wrong with Docherty?

Too many ciggies is what i've heard!!! A pro smoking, a job that requires peak condition and he uses the single biggest killer to keep fit!!! This is why wilson didnt pplay him for ages last season apparently.

Clayton Fortune - a back who can pass.

Looked like Patrick Viera, 3 great weighted lobs into the area in the 2nd half, all met by City players. Midfielders were laying the ball back to him in the apparent belief that he could do more with it. Thery were right.

Gillespie should be given a role, whether it's right wing like tonight, "in the hole", centre forward, left back, whatever. Stupid foul to get booked with though.

And Leroy. Missed a sitter. But set up by Gillespie, wasn't going to miss again.

Yay!! For the boys! A win is a win is a win...or something like that!

Come on you Reeeeee-eeeeedsssss!!!!

:city:

I was under the impression a win, was a win, was a win, was a win, was a win.

Or I may be wrong!

I've noticed something with tommy, the longer the beard the worse he plays.

he has always looked tired after the warm up, there is nothing new there. But I did see a differnt tommy tonight, he looked like he needed to prove a point. And did play his socks off.

Fair play.

And I really really rate Orr... People wont notice him, but he works his socks off. Big time.

On saturday Gilispie MUST start in front of Murray.

Robo lookeed 'ok' on the left since it was his first time there

he has always looked tired after the warm up, there is nothing new there. But I did see a differnt tommy tonight, he looked like he needed to prove a point. And did play his socks off.

Fair play.

And I really really rate Orr... People wont notice him, but he works his socks off. Big time.

On saturday Gilispie MUST start in front of Murray.

Robo lookeed 'ok' on the left since it was his first time there

THank god! some positives this year, even though it was against wycombe. Makes me feel alot better, nice report too as i am in japan, so home games are out of the question, away games too. Sounds to me like murrays had his day, goodbye scott u r the weakest link. goodbye! GIllespie is a class player, he should start everygame.

City fan in Japan

Guest Cyprus_Red

First half was poor but second half we improved alot and created some chances.

Fortune looked class at the back, assured and played some great balls forward

Gillespie looked lively and a quality cross to set up the goal

Once again Leroy looked sharp and worked hard for his goal

Atleast we won :city:

First half was poor but second half we improved alot and created some chances.

Fortune looked class at the back, assured and played some great balls forward

Gillespie looked lively and a quality cross to set up the goal

Once again Leroy looked sharp and worked hard for his goal

Atleast we won :city:

hopefully it is the spur they need

I saw the game last night and would not be down on Murray, he has been straved of good supply and is just a game away from getting back to his old ways, we should stick by him and give him a good run in the side.

Gillespie should replace robbo on the left wing

I'm not excusing Murray but he must also has the worry of his Mum's ill health on his mind. With her up in Scotland he is a long way from her which won't help his playing.

Saying that this is part of life that we all have to cope with and work at sometime. I personally have been through several serious, indeed tragic situations and it does affect your ability to function in every way. I had the luxury of not being 'on show' on a football pitch though thankfully. He must feel that he wants to play but maybe he should be dropped as an act of kindness from Tins. :city:

Excellant summary,Red but what is wrong with Docherty?

I don't know if it's just his demeanour, but literally everyone who we saw off the team coach had a smile and positive, yet tinged with apprehensive, look for the fans. Tommy slunk off, head down, almost like it was an effort. Maybe the ghosts of the head butt incident playing on his mind?

A fit and up for it Doherty is an asset. He can be a leader, a tackler and a passer. The time bomb that is always waiting to go off, coupled with his general immobility is a cause for concern. I can only see Wilkshire and Orr making up the midfield in the near future.

I saw the game last night and would not be down on Murray, he has been straved of good supply and is just a game away from getting back to his old ways, we should stick by him and give him a good run in the side.

Gillespie should replace robbo on the left wing

i was a the match too and i sincerly howp you are joking!

Murrya was never in thegame, robbo by contrast at least looked like he wanted to be there and had a few runs a the defence and mananged to hold on to the ball - and that was playing in a position he never has before whilst scoty was in his preferred right wing berth.

You can't continue to play player on what they did 2 years ago just because they were your best man.

Archived