IGNORED

Roberts Chance

g_funk

just saw it on the news,

it looked to me to be a bad angle and he had to hit it with his weaker left foot,

plus the fact he had to gaet over the ball.

i don't thnk it was as easy as som are making it out to be,

people are looking for excuses to slag the guy off!!

I was on level with the 6yrd box when Roberts missed that chance.He had more time than he realised and could have steadied himself and took with his right foot but he blazed at it with his left and it flew over.

In his defence - it was a very tight angle but with more composure he could have scored.

I didn't think it was that bad at the time but when everyone started slagging him off (again) i though someone was in space or something but no.

He simply missed from a tight angle so it he is obviously ####!!It was unlucky but a spare of the moment thing.

If that was Lita it would be a different story

It was a very tough chance cos it was such a tight angle. He'd have been better off to get his head up and square it for Lita.

I thought Roberts played well today; worked hard and made some good runs but his final ball was often poor (or not hit soon enough). Give him a run in the team and the goals will come!

it was typical roberts lets see how hard i can hit the ball ####...

You are talking complete and under rubbish, he did well to get round the keeper, it was a very tight angle on his wrong foot.

He missed an easier one later in the game, but then so did Murray (more than one and what did Lita do at all?).

I have been as big a critic as anyone of Roberts, but at the end of last season he seemed to pick his game up.

Today he led the line as well as anyone has at Ashton Gate for several seasons.

Sure he can be frustrating at times, but no more so than Phillips appalling kicking and positioning, Hill giving the ball away, Butler giving away free kicks, Coles distribution, Smiths positioning, Dohertys temperament, Tinnions team selection, Murrays failure to go round people and loss of pace, Lita's first touch second touch and immaturity, WIlkshires nationality, Sextone for shutting the East End, Paula Radcliffe for being over hyped, George Bush for being a ######, Adolf Hitler for having a moustache - WAKE UP - we're in the third division. Enjoy it for what it is.

Life has got bigger kicks in the ###### for you as you get older, believe me.

To be fair to Roberts, he did well to get round the keeper in the first place, it was a very tight angle and there were players getting back on the line. The only way he was going to score was by hammering it.

Anyway, who cares? We shouldn't be critisising anybody out there today, that was an incredible improvement on previous games.

If it had been Miller he wouldve been hung drawn and quartered by now, but anyway, Bristol City back on track 4-1 winners, and I'm happy(ish) :)

You aint wrong there Rab, they STILL go on about that missed chance!!..........funny thing though, they never mention Citys best away win, last season, at Brighton, when Lee and Robbo, caused so many problems allowing others to get the goals......Yesterday, Lee M would have got a goal, that, I've no doubt, with all the work Scoot, Wilks, Robbo, and Tins did up front, his time will DEFINITELY come............

I was from a tight angle and i have seen some of the worlds top players miss them.

If Roberts had passed it to Lita, Roberts would have got stick for not shooting. The poor bloke cant win.

I am really starting to hope that Roberts leaves City, not cos i dont like him (Cos i do) but to make all those T W A T S who give him a hard time eat humble pie when he bangs 25 in for someone else.

He should have scored, because he did have more time than he thought, and if he had known that he would have steadied himself and rolled it in with his right foot. But with the dismal communication that goes on between our players at times there was no way he was going to know that he had time as he'd just beat the keeper and had a defender somewhere behind him, so he took the snapshot, one which he is very good at on his right but just got it wrong on his left.

It snnoys me that this was even discussed, as after the swindon game i saw no in depth discussion over Litas chance which i would have scored and reference to how #### he is, considering he not only missed a sitter in that game but also failed to ply 2-3 simple through balls which would have most likely made goals.

Before you slag off Roberts for missing that chance, just think to further on in the game when Wilkshire had a perfect oppurtunity to grab his hat-trick but sent the ball high into the roof of the Atyeo.......

Before you slag off Roberts for missing that chance, just think to further on in the game when Wilkshire had a perfect oppurtunity to grab his hat-trick but sent the ball high into the roof of the Atyeo.......

C'mon Taz, you know little facts like that make f eck all difference to a good story, bit like the Evil Post really...................... :)

Archived