IGNORED

Nene Park

22A

Just got back home and like many others was impressed with Nene Park. It's their proud claim they don't have crowd trouble at Nene Park, could these be the reasons why?

1. Clearly signposted approach roads.

2. Parking stewards asking if I was parking or merely droppping someone off, they then directed me to the car park.

3. The car park was tarmac with lined parking bays. Not grass or gravel and it was both large and free. They also had stewards patrolling during the game to prevent vandalism or theft.

4. The programme sellers, gate stewards and bar staff all said Please & Thank you.

5. Rapid moving queue at the bar and food counters.

6. Comfortable seats with leg room.

7. The stewards said good bye as we left and discussed the game with us.

I thought all new build grounds had to be all seater, but the home end was terracing! Rushden realise they have a small crowd base and built this ground with a 6,500 capacity. Food for thought, would 30,000 turn up at Severnside? If not, let's save costs and go for a 17,000 capacity.

Just got back to, really enjoyed today!

I sat just behind the dugouts in the rushden end. Before the match we went into the supporters club with my uncle who is a Rushden fan and i got chatting to all the Rushden fans whilst watching Manure beat City 3-1, enjoyed some very friendly banter :D Thats how football should be, and had a lot too talk about with the diamond faithful.

Before the match Tommy and Mickey were sitting on their own a few seats away from me so i went up to them to have a short chat and get their autographs.

Thoroughly enjoyed my day!

One thing missing though, 3 points.

It was a nice compact ground,very clean and tidy and with a good view from behind the goal.Decent grub and beer and they had plenty of it.Lindley's could learn a trick or two from them.

My only complaint - a "job's worth" steward made his way all the way up to the very back of the stand to where I was standing to tell me and some other bloke to sit down! We were in the very last row of seats with only a wall behind us - "ground regulations" according to him.

Theres one at every club.

Am I the only one here is ######ED off with playing these ######in villages! And one "oh so nice"  steward called me a gobby ######, CHARMIING!

Judging by the content of that post, I'm not surprised he made that assumption.....

Guest pukka_tukka

yeh i totally agree with you there...i've had a good day out today, and maybe i can go again next year, but hopefully we'll be visting division 1 next season.

pity we couldnt get the win, god knows how but its been an entertaing day. :D

yeh i totally agree with you there...i've had a good day out today, and maybe i can go again next year, but hopefully we'll be visting division 1 next season.

pity we couldnt get the win, god knows how but its been an entertaing day.  :D

And that, in a nutshell is what's wrong with this club " A NICE little day out, blow the result against a poxy little club that didn't exist ten years ago! The "comfort zone" syndrome. I for one would rather spend every other Saturday in an "edgy" packed Premier/ First div ground jostling for a space with 30000 others. You can have NICE days out with friendly stewards at your local multibleedin plex! Get real.

Archived