IGNORED

Amankwaah & Smith

Antman

First, I'm happy to see big Kev coming back from injury

and I rate him as a player and he's only young.

The thing is how do we drop Smith? (or do we at all?)

he is a straight down the line right back who has played solidly for us so far.

I like him and his definate no-nonsense approach, a factor which we needed when we went wobbly early on.

How does Tins re-introduce Kev then?

Last season Kev started indicating that he wanted to be a regular

(injuries aside!!) and I wondered if he will get impatient waiting for Smith to get suspended or injured.

(I get the feeling it will be suspension first! he looks fit and well)

I would like to stick with Smith, and use Kev as cover and in games when we can afford the attacking right back option (eg; allow for the fact he will get caught up field a bit) or perhaps in games when we need the height factor.

any thoughts y'all?

:D

Guest matalan31

after he had that car crash disaster where he was injured for ages that was a big blow and he has not looked the same since anyway i think smith is a really good player he is no louis carey but he will do as long as he doesnt keep on karate kicking people :D

BT won't change a winning side which means that unless Smith experiences a drastic loss of form, gets injured or suspended Amankwaah won't get into the first team at right back.

That said Amankwaah is a versatile player and can play at right midfield or at centre back so he may get a first game when cover is needed elsewhere.

Kevin Amankwaah is going to have a huge job on his hands trying to get back into the first team. I suspect it will take an injury or suspension for Smith to give Kev his chance and he will have to take it straight away. He can also challenge for the position of right wing etc should Scott lose form, be injured or suspended.

I feel that Big Kev will struggle though to get into our first team this season, but his availablility will be a boost.

BT won't change a winning side which means that unless Smith experiences a drastic loss of form, gets injured or suspended Amankwaah won't get into the first team at right back.

That said Amankwaah is a versatile player and can play at right midfield or at centre back so he may get a first game when cover is needed elsewhere.

I trust i'm not the only one who thinks Smithy's suspension probably wont be too long in coming?

Amnakwaah has to prove his fitness, oh yeah and his form which wasnt good when in the team last year, before being able to stake a claim for a first team start. Versatility off the bench i think is the best for him for the next few months and see where we are.

It would be too unfair to drop smith, he's been one of our best players this season and as long as he continues to play well i see no reason why Kev will return to the side. Although Amankwaah is a class player and i'm sure wont be too happy about being on the bench. We've got Healthy competition in most areas of the pitch it seems now.

his form which wasnt good when in the team last year

I thought Kev started slowly but really got in the swing of it last year on the right side of midfield. When he's fit and his confidence is up, he'll get a chance either at full back or on the wing and I back him to excel. I've felt for a few years that he's the player with the most potential at the club and if he can put his injury problems behind him he'll be great.

:D At the moment, I think that Murray is a better candidate for dropping than Smith but I would let Kev play some more reserve games and get match fitness, then when a first team opportunity comes up - he can take it properly

:me?:

I'm a huge fan of both Smith and Amankwaah and agree that Scotty will be the player most under pressure now Kev is fit again. Remember the play off semi against Cardiff two seasons ago? It was Kev who came on (too late) and looked the part at right midfield.

Good to have healthy competition though.

I think big kev in over-rated and although I have seen some good performances, Ive seen nothing to suggest he's as good as people think and I don't think he'd be any good out on the right side of midfield! I think he played there at some point last season, and he was poor as far as I can remember.......

I loved to be proved wrong though....

Don't forget that Kev can also play at centre-back, and can therefore provide cover for Coles and Butler, without having to move Matt Hill in from left back. I seem to remember Kev being outstanding on the right hand side of a back 3 during Danny Wilson's first season in charge.

Don't forget that Kev can also play at centre-back, and can therefore provide cover for Coles and Butler, without having to move Matt Hill in from left back. I seem to remember Kev being outstanding on the right hand side of a back 3 during Danny Wilson's first season in charge.

your right, I think he makes a very good defender, but I'm not sure about him going forward......

Archived