IGNORED

Your Children?

22A

Wednesday night v Everton, I was in row X, block H of the Atyeo. When the game ended at nearly 10.30, three brothers were struggling down the steps. They had no adult with them and apeared to be aged approx 10, 8 and 4. The 4 year old was struggling with the steps, so I said "I know we say don't talk to strangers, but in the interests of safety, I'll carry the little one down the stairs". They weren't too hapy with this and the 10 year old picked up the 4 year old. If you know these 3 boys, relax. I hold a Criminal Records Bureau clearance certificate and am authorised to work with young people, the elderly and disabled people. I trust they all made it to school on time the following morning.

I have been in city centres before and too afraid to check whether a child is meant to be on it's own. Several times when I was young I remember strangers enquiring 'are you lost' just to be sure and to look out for other parents' kids.

However, now I fear if I try to help a child that isn't mine I might get banged up. A sad state of affairs really

On a similar note we have two parents at my workplace who leave their child (who can only be about 7) in the foyer of the building with nothing to do or read whilst they go inside to play on the fruit machines for a couple of hours :whistle:

I really feel for the kid but never want to befriend him because it's not my job to be his babysitter...

Archived