IGNORED

This'll Get Me No End Of Stick!

is fantastic and long may his goalscoring ability continue!

I like the guy, but like Shaun Goater (who I think is an absloute legend, goal scoreing like we've rarely seen down the gate!)i think he is crap at football. Please don't start saying '8 goals speaks for itself' and crap like that, i'm not disputing his goal scoring record. I just think his control is poor and his touch leaves a lot to be desired. I always get the feeling that if he had to dribble round a line of cones he would either loose control of the ball or trip over one of them.

What does everyone else think?

is fantastic and long may his goalscoring ability continue!

I like the guy, but like Shaun Goater (who I think is an absloute legend, goal scoreing like we've rarely seen down the gate!)i think he is crap at football. Please don't start saying '8 goals speaks for itself' and crap like that, i'm not disputing his goal scoring record. I just think his control is poor and his touch leaves a lot to be desired. I always get the feeling that if he had to dribble round a line of cones he would either loose control of the ball or trip over one of them.

What does everyone else think?

Peacock - last season - great all round player - didnt score goals - got slated by the "fans" for not doing so.

Lita - may not be the same type of player, but he scores goals regularly - instant hero ;)

While I didnt have the greatest of opinions of the lad he sure is sticking them in the onion bag - I think that's what the majority of people will think.

I remember seeing him warm up before 1 game (think it was a friendly), had all these one on ones in practice, missed every one of them, then the first chance he gets in the game, one on one, he slots it away. Hmmm....

Hopefully his touch will improve - overused phrase of the day - victim of his own success....

(can I add any more -'s and ,'s in this post :laugh:)

Guest bristolbred
Peacock - last season - great all round player - didnt score goals - got slated by the "fans" for not doing so.

Lita - may not be the same type of player, but he scores goals regularly - instant hero ;)

(can I add any more -'s and ,'s in this post :laugh:)

Who played the most football last season out of the two??, :ph34r:

Although by this stage of the season last year Peacock already had 9 goals - if Lita's form continues to mirror Peacock from last year i think opinions will soon change!

Guest bristolbred
Although by this stage of the season last year Peacock already had 9 goals - if Lita's form continues to mirror Peacock from last year i think opinions will soon change!

Leroy, if you secretly read the Forum?, take note!!, ;)

Guest bristolbred
Sorry dude, missing yer point there. Peacock obviously  :laugh:  ;)

Peacock started well, scored goals, went through a bad spell, and Wilson didn't drop him, where other managers would of rested him, or put him in a couple of reserve matches to rekindle his scoring skills.

Lita, didn't start too many games, scored crucial goals, often in the last 15 to 20 minutes. Super Sub status. Will he last the season, playing 90 mins in every game??.

:ph34r:

Peacock started well, scored goals, went through a bad spell, and Wilson didn't drop him, where other managers would of rested him, or put him in a couple of reserve matches to rekindle his scoring skills.

Lita, didn't start too many games, scored crucial goals, often in the last 15 to 20 minutes. Super Sub status. Will he last the season, playing 90 mins in every game??.

;)

A ha!

Waited all day for this.

Thanks to Smiffy Statisticos.....

31, 80

These are not the winning lottery numbers but the minutes that Leroy has scored in each game. Barring the Stockport game (the 31 minute goal) and that we crushed them senseless that do, Roberts and his Henry-like turn and all that....note the majority are late in the 2nd half, last 30 mins or so. Anyone think we should stick him on with half an hour to go and let a fresh man do the job agaisnt 60 minute legs? :laugh:;):ph34r:;):laugh:;););););)

Akinbyi had no first touch at all and yet still scored 20 odd goals for a relegated City side a few seasons ago.

Lita's first touch is diabolical but you don't necessary need a first touch to score goals.It helps of course, but its not essential at this level.To make it in the Premiership you do need an excellant first touch which is why Akinbiyi never made it there.

Hopefully Lita with the right coaching will develop a better touch and if he does we'll see even more goals from him.

...Lita's first touch is diabolical but you don't necessary need a first touch to score goals.It helps of course, but its not essential at this level.To make it in the Premiership you do need an excellant first touch which is why Akinbiyi never made it there....

I remember George Best once commenting on Carlton Palmer (I think). He said 'Carlton can trap the ball further than I could ever kick it'. Quality! Akinbiyi was the same, but I'd have him back in the team any day. ;)

Guest DAMIEN-LITA
Yeah, and if you could grow a few more inches and help defend corners and free kicks and lay headers off for people that'd be appreciated too.

:@ What sort of fans are you ? The lad goes out every game and works his nuts off, Without his goals we would be bottom !!! You will all be crying when he moves on. As for getting back........You obviosly missed the Everton game. Leroy was defending ALL corners and cleared 3 or 4 of them away. Get the video of it and then get your facts right you PRAT !!!!

Guest DAMIEN-LITA
A ha!

Waited all day for this.

Thanks to Smiffy Statisticos.....

31, 80

These are not the winning lottery numbers but the minutes that Leroy has scored in each game. Barring the Stockport game (the 31 minute goal) and that we crushed them senseless that do, Roberts and his Henry-like turn and all

that....note the majority are late in the 2nd half, last 30 mins or so. Anyone think we should stick him on with half an hour to go and let a fresh man do the job agaisnt 60 minute legs? ;);):laugh:;):ph34r:;):laugh:;););)

:@ Maybe this is down to his FITNESS ! If he can play all game and still score that late in the game obviously he is doing something right. ROBERTS needs to get out of his way and let LEROY do his thing. He is the only one scoring, so get off his back. You should get behind him.

Guest DAMIEN-LITA
I remember George Best once commenting on Carlton Palmer (I think).  He said 'Carlton can trap the ball further than I could ever kick it'.  Quality!  Akinbiyi was the same, but I'd have him back in the team any day. ;)

:@ You lot talk so much crap. I,m sure you all ROVERS fans

His all round play has improved greatly, anyone who went to Barnsley saw that his all round striker play was fantastic. He has great movement, draws out defenders, wins more headers than he should and scores goal. What more, exactly, do u want a 19year old in his first season of starting league matches week in, week out. Its posts like these which make me :@ ;):laugh::ph34r::laugh:

Leroy is brilliant, support him don't expect him to be perfect in every way.

Guest DAMIEN-LITA
His all round play has improved greatly, anyone who went to Barnsley saw that his all round striker play was fantastic. He has great movement, draws out defenders, wins more headers than he should and scores goal. What more, exactly, do u want a 19year old in his first season of starting league matches week in, week out. Its posts like these which make me  :@  :laugh:  :ph34r:  :laugh:  ;)

Leroy is brilliant, support him don't expect him to be perfect in every way.

Thank you, A Real supporter !!! Bucksred, Now pull your head out of your Ar#e. I,ll be there tomorrow, will you? You are obviously some silly old prat who has got nothing better to do than slag people off. ;) YOU ARE VERY BORING

:@ You lot talk so much crap. I,m sure you all ROVERS fans

Fc-uk-wit. Try READING the posts first before you reply to them. I'm guessing here, but I assume you thought someone was daring to critise your precious Leroy, right? Wasn't even a mention of him, nor any comparison intended.

Anyway, surely must be past you bedtime :Sleep12:

Guest DAMIEN-LITA
So Mr Lita.

Aren't there any city players that you either -

don't rate as highly?

or think are crap?

btw I have no problem with Leroy Lita.

There are a couple of players which need a kick up the backside, There are other players that i do rate, Phillips in Goal is one of them. I just think that one player you can not slag off at the moment is Leroy. When he has gone then everyone at Bristol will slag him off but i will just say thanks Leroy for what you have done for us. I just cant see why some Hill billy can come on here and slag off the team they support so much. I think at 19yrs old he is doing a fantastic job and we should get behind him, I know we have issues but it is elsewhere on the field.

Guest chrissie
Thank you, A Real supporter !!! Bucksred, Now pull your head out of your Ar#e. I,ll be there tomorrow, will you? You are obviously some silly old prat who has got nothing better to do than slag people off.  ;) YOU ARE VERY BORING

I thought this forum was designed to allow people to express their opinions you obviously aren't mature enough to listen to anyone else's!

Guest DAMIEN-LITA
How old is this Damien-Lita guy?  I reckon he is 15.  And I must say i haven't noticed you doing much posting on here before.  You sure do know how to make an impact.

;) Impact, must be something to do with the user name ! Look i don't want to offend anyone or fall out with anyone. I say it as it is, I,m not 2 faced and speak my mind. Did not realise you had to be a SAGA member to be on this site, My son will be 15 in a couple of years......"How old is this Damien" If you are that bothered, why don't you send me a pm ? Instead of trying to be the comedian! X

;) Impact, must be something to do with the user name ! Look i don't want to offend anyone or fall out with anyone. I say it as it is, I,m not 2 faced and speak my mind. Did not realise you had to be a SAGA member to be on this site, My son will be 15 in a couple of years......"How old is this Damien" If you are that bothered, why don't you send me a pm ? Instead of trying to be the comedian! X

I ain't no SAGA memeber, and I was just pointing out that isn't a very good thing to do as people will quickly start to hate you if you go around insulting some of the most-respected posters on this site.

He's not the greatest footballer but is still only 19 and has a long career ahead of him - a lot of time to improve his all round game.

As long as he carries on putting the goals away though, I don't really give a monkies :P

Having said that though, I still think that he is vastly over-rated by a number of supporters. He hits the post in the shootout last week, and everyone starts to chant "Leroy, Leroy", the same can also be said when he misses a chance during play. In some peoples eyes he can do no wrong at all. Ok this good be a good thing, because the more you chant his name, the more confident he becomes. What if we tried that with ALL of the strikers though - Miller, Roberts, Heffernan........

Like I said though, as long as he's scoring goals I don't care. At the moment he cannot be dropped.

Guest DAMIEN-LITA
I ain't no SAGA memeber, and I was just pointing out that isn't a very good thing to do as people will quickly start to hate you if you go around insulting some of the most-respected posters on this site.

;) I was only joking with you, I do respect the people on this site. Correct me if i,m wrong but this is a FORUM, Everybody has there say! If i was the only one on here bleeting on about Leroy and defending him then you could have ago at me.......But i,m not. There are plenty on here that rate him. What i am not going to stand for is idiots sla#*ing him off. I have been at the last 3 matches and watched Leroy play, unlike some of the other posts on here who were obviously not cause they are not talking about the games i have watched. Sorry if i have insulted anyone but like i have said already.....I SAY, WHAT I FEEL.

We still mates ?

;) I was only joking with you, I do respect the people on this site. Correct me if i,m wrong but this is a FORUM, Everybody has there say! If i was the only one on here bleeting on about Leroy and defending him then you could have ago at me.......But i,m not. There are plenty on here that rate him. What i am not going to stand for is idiots sla#*ing him off. I have been at the last 3 matches and watched Leroy play, unlike some of the other posts on here who were obviously not cause they are not talking about the games i have watched. Sorry if i have insulted anyone but like i have said already.....I SAY, WHAT I FEEL.

We still mates ?

I haven't really got a problem with you (and hopefully no other users of this forum). However I was just giving out some friendly advice that insulting Bucksred, a regular poster on this forum for years, and a person who has a City website, is a bad idea and may cause others to resent you being on here.

Guest DAMIEN-LITA
I haven't really got a problem with you (and hopefully no other users of this forum).  However I was just giving out some friendly advice that insulting Bucksred, a regular poster on this forum for years, and a person who has a City website, is a bad idea and may cause others to resent you being on here.

;) Yes i know that, but when someone is talking crap and giving it what do you expect. Plus i,m not the only one who has said that am i. Just because he has a website does not mean he is the DADDY !! This is the best website anyway and there is another coming next month. x x ( I,m not gay, Just being friendly)

Archived