IGNORED

Lee Miller

stevep38

Guest bristolbred
Injuries aside, Gillespie and Heffernan are better players, its that simple.

Gillespie has yet to make a major impact in first team football, and that's even simplier!!, :city:

I rate Lee Miller and just hope he has the time to develop. Mind you, I rate Gillespie as well. Heff I think could do a job for us even though I haven't seen him play for us, so for City he is an unknown quantity. Lita, despite my worries pre-season, is doing well. Brooker very well may be the missing link up front that we've been missing (ability to hold up the ball etc.)

So, in sum, it's 'a pity' we have so many decent forwards. From what I expect though, he's probably still carrying an injury

Guest bristolbred
Injuries aside, Gillespie and Heffernan are better players, its that simple.

And Heffernen has yet to produce the goalscoring form that he had at Notts County!!, :city:

Guest bristolbred

I just wish that Tinnion was open and honest enough to let Lee know what his future is with City, as it must be soul destroying the way he's being treated at the moment!!, :city:

Guest bristolbred
Miller had all last season and did not get the job done, call that impact....hardly.

I think you'll find that under the last managerial incumbent, that Miller was not given the time, chances or the support to get the job done, and with regard to Gillespie, he's only a boy, who has to do a lot of growing up in the reserves, before he'll be able to stamp his claim to regular first team football, and just because he comes from liverpool, does not make him some kind of Rooney styled wonderkid who is going to turn around the fortunes of this Club!!, :city:

Quite so, Bristolbred........Gillespie was RELEASED by Liverpool. Why?? as he was their top scorer, Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?Cos he was a Liverpool player don't make him a great player, although, I, may well be proved wrong on this topic!!

If Lee Miller has a run in the team, played in his correct role, and not the obligitry 70 odd minute sacrifice, we may just see something beeter, after all 9 goals aint too shabby for a partial season playing, and he was the best player at Baaaaadiff...which is why Wonder-Son pulled him off, couldnt have us winning could he??? You know Defeat is not failure and all the other horlicks he came out with. Miller: U21 for his country, Gillespie, er not, correct me if I'm wrong, wont you all :city:

I think you'll find that under the last managerial incumbent, that Miller was not given the time, chances or the support to get the job done, and with regard to Gillespie, he's only a boy, who has to do a lot of growing up in the reserves, before he'll be able to stamp his claim to regular first team football, and just because he comes from liverpool, does not make him some kind of Rooney styled wonderkid who is going to turn around the fortunes of this Club!!,  :city:

We support the same team and will agree to disagree on Gillespie who is the same age as Lita. I feel Miller has a great team attitude, had plenty of chances last year, scored 9 but missed so many sitters it was another reason we had draws and close losses when statistics showed we had 2-3 times the shots on goal as our opposition. Today we had 23-8 chances against Hull, but scored 3. The trend of chances created continues from last season, but there is a glmmer, in 7 days we could be in the play off top 6.

We support the same team and will agree to disagree on Gillespie who is the same age as Lita. I feel Miller has a great team attitude, had plenty of chances last year, scored 9 but missed so many sitters it was another reason we had draws and close losses when statistics showed we had 2-3 times the shots on goal as our opposition. Today we had 23-8 chances against Hull, but scored 3. The trend of chances created continues from last season, but there is a glmmer, in 7 days we could be in the play off top 6.

Jilly :city::city: is knocking them in left right and centre in the reserves, no doubt aided by Lee and a certain Mr Heffernan..... One could say that Jilly is doing a Leroy from the last few seasons, hopefully both Lee and Steven will be given chances to prove some of you wrong :city: Although I do think that Miller and Brooker are interchangeable as are Heffernan and Lita, where Gillespie fits in here is anyone's guess

With Brooker and Leroy doing the biz and these young and hungry players knocking on the door it can only be good. See, some of the strikers are knuckling down and trying to make the manager pick them! :city:

Jilly  :city:  :city: is knocking them in left right and centre in the reserves, no doubt aided by Lee and a certain Mr Heffernan..... One could say that Jilly is doing a Leroy from the last few seasons, hopefully both Lee and Steven will be given chances to prove some of you wrong :city: Although I do think that Miller and Brooker are interchangeable as are Heffernan and Lita, where Gillespie fits in here is anyone's guess

With Brooker and Leroy doing the biz and these young and hungry players knocking on the door it can only be good. See, some of the strikers are knuckling down and trying to make the manager pick them! :city:

Bloke.....exactly, its Lita/Brooker first pick with Miller/ Heff as their subs, Gillespie is the wild card. Tins cant find a spot for the 3 subs, but he's the gaffer and its a long season and there will be injuries. Look at Orr today, had a huge game and another post is already crowded with suggestions that Doc will find it hard to get back in. Its about tecnique....watch Lita or Miller finishing.....its throw the boot and hope. Heff and Gillespie are better clinical finishers whilst Lita/Miller probably better value in open play. Still they will all get their chances before May, and the competition will mean they will all be trying to keep their spots.

Quite so, Bristolbred........Gillespie was RELEASED by Liverpool. Why?? as he was their top scorer, Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?Cos he was a Liverpool player don't make him a great player, although, I, may well be proved wrong on this topic!!

If Lee Miller has a run in the team, played in his correct role, and not the obligitry 70 odd minute sacrifice, we may just see something beeter, after all 9 goals aint too shabby for a partial season playing, and he was the best player at Baaaaadiff...which is why Wonder-Son pulled him off, couldnt have us winning could he??? You know Defeat is not failure and all the other horlicks he came out with. Miller: U21 for his country, Gillespie, er not, correct me if I'm wrong, wont you all :city:

Before Brooker, Miller said to the EP that he felt target man was his game. Right now he's subbing for Brooker. As a former manager and coach i will give an assessment of the difference= about 2 stone of heavy bone and muscle. When opposition defences try and get you off the ball, that extra mass makes a big difference. Some of the worlds best boxers have seemed less than bulky , but that heavy boned item is a huge advantage in close contact. Millers youth and attitude is commendable, and as his coach i would set him a weight/bulk programme. Around 13 stone with some power/control shooting practice he's there, and it wont take a season to achieve both......from experience.

Today we had 23-8 chances against Hull, but scored 3. The trend of chances created continues from last season

Actually, it looks like we're creating more chances than ever but have also rediscovered the art of converting them!

First 12 matches

FOR

04/05 ... 24 goals scored from 164 attempts = 6.8 shots/goal

03/04 ... 16 from 142 = 8.9

02/03 ... 21 from 140 = 6.7

01/02 ... 21 from 121 = 5.8

Unfortunately, we have so far been making opposition attacks look more clinical than our own and that's what most needs turning round ...

AGIN

04/05 ... 21 goals conceded from 128 attempts = 6.1 shots/goal

03/04 ... 8 from 114 = 14.3

02/03 ... 13 from 113 = 8.7

01/02 ... 12 from 111 = 9.3

Actually, it looks like we're creating more chances than ever but have also rediscovered the art of converting them!

First 12 matches

FOR

04/05 ... 24 goals scored from 164 attempts = 6.8 shots/goal

03/04 ... 16 from 142 = 8.9

02/03 ... 21 from 140 = 6.7

01/02 ... 21 from 121 = 5.8

Unfortunately, we have so far been making opposition attacks look more clinical than our own and that's what most needs turning round ...

AGIN

04/05 ... 21 goals conceded from 128 attempts = 6.1 shots/goal

03/04 ... 8 from 114 = 14.3

02/03 ... 13 from 113 = 8.7

01/02 ... 12 from 111 = 9.3  Exactly......as per my previous post. Miller and Peacock had the worst goals per attempt for the last 4 years. 50% better goal scoring this year...defence.....the worst in 4 years, but .....Tins ????                       

Exactly......as per my previous post. Miller and Peacock had the worst goals per attempt for the last 4 years. 50% better goal scoring this year...defence.....the worst in 4 years, but .....Tins ????                       

Yep, last season our shots/goals scored ratio started poorly and got worse - hopefully the improvement can be sustained.

FOR

01/02 ... 5.8 shots/goal after 12 games >>> 6.8 at end of season

02/03 ... 6.7 >>> 6.6

03/04 ... 8.9 >>> 9.5

04/05 ... 6.8 >>> ???

In each of the three previous seasons defending got slacker - if that happens this year we're shafted!

AGIN

01/02 ... 9.3 shots/goal after 12 games >>> 9.2 at end of season

02/03 ... 8.7 >>> 8.4

03/04 ... 14.3 >>> 9.9

04/05 ... 6.1 >>> ???

And Heffernen has yet to produce the goalscoring form that he had at Notts County!!,  :city:

On his day, Heff can be a great player, but a so-say proven goalscorer, who i believe only made it into double figures (goalscoring-wise) for the first time last season, can anyone confirm or correct this? However, he has shown he can do the business, and i do feel sorry for him, ditto Gillespie and Miller. Tinns is spoilt for choice up front.

Miller will become a fantastic player, just needs to wait for a decent chance.

Guest bristolbred
We support the same team and will agree to disagree on Gillespie who is the same age as Lita. I feel Miller has a great team attitude, had plenty of chances last year, scored 9 but missed so many sitters it was another reason we had draws and close losses when statistics showed we had 2-3 times the shots on goal as our opposition.

How many "Sitter's!" has Leroy Lita Missed??

Probably a lot more than Lee Miller ever has!!, :city:

And yes, we all support the same team. So therefore we should get behind players like Lee, and NOT against them!!, :P

Guest bristolbred
Heff and Gillespie are better clinical finishers whilst Lita/Miller probably better value in open play.

So, we've lost a lot of points so far this season, according to the Manager, and it's there for all to see!!, :city:

Heffernen has yet to perform to the same style and standard as last season, and if Gillespie was that good, Premier and Championship clubs would of been clamering for his services well above Bristol City!!, :city:

:city:

As you said, FORMER, and NOT current!!,  :city:

My my we are testy, a lot of negative posts from you i notice.......nothing constructive just mouthy with anyone with a different perspective to your own. In a message room like this its just opinions not reality. The management handle the real show....for money. Hope you get over yourself by tomorrow. Good luck with the internal bleeding.

So, we've lost a lot of points so far this season, according to the Manager, and it's there for all to see!!,  :city:

Heffernen has yet to perform to the same style and standard as last season, and if Gillespie was that good, Premier and Championship clubs would of been clamering for his services well above Bristol City!!,  :city:

Like they are all clamering for Miller.

How many "Sitter's!" has Leroy Lita Missed??

Probably a lot more than Lee Miller ever has!!,  :city:

And yes, we all support the same team. So therefore we should get behind players like Lee, and NOT against them!!,  :P

Agreed, Lita has missed a lot of sitters, but you are not comparing apples with apples. If Lita was injured Tins would use Heff, if Brooker was out he would use Miller. Miller having agreed that he considers himself a target man. Again just an opinion , whilst supporting the team i am not overboard about Lita.

Guest bristolbred
In a message room like this its just opinions not reality.

I see that you are from Missori, so i thought that either Chard or Frome would be the team of you choice!,

Not a comment, just an observation!!, ;)

And my internal bleeding is fine!!, Operation was 4 weeks ago, but like anyone who has spent a long time in the States, slow on the uptake!!, :P

:city::city::city::city::city::o

Archived