IGNORED

Stevie Brooker

A Horse With No Name

I thought he was superb today. His workrate was phenomenal and he won almost every header that came his way. He is forging a great partnership with Leroy, and the are beginning to read exactly what the other is going to do. Telepathy. All the great striking pairs down the years have had it. I know we had some great performances out there today, but I thought Stevie should have had MoM.

Lita and brooker are starting to gel and are working really well together , they just need to play a bit closer together and we will have a great striking partnership. I thought they both did a lot of work off the ball today , that was missing from last week against colchester , especially lita who was superb considering he was ill!!

I thought he was superb today. His workrate was phenomenal and he won almost every header that came his way. He is forging a great partnership with Leroy, and the are beginning to read exactly what the other is going to do. Telepathy. All the great striking pairs down the years have had it. I know we had some great performances out there today, but I thought Stevie should have had MoM.

Yep, what I call a targetman ... as Tinman is quoted as saying - "its years since we had one like him up front" ... in his six matches his presence in the box and awareness of teammates has yielded five assists already (that's one more than Limpy Cockup managed all last season!)

Brooker was excellant today and even his first touch was better than it has been so far.Maybe he's been practicing controlling the ball first time.

He is begining to look the part but I don't agree that he and Lita work that well together as a partnership.You don't see Lita often anticipating where Brooker is likely to knock the ball down,in fact Wilkshire seem to "read" Brooker best of all but obviously he's not always around the box.You don't see Brooker or Lita passing that much to each either or instinctively knowing where the other is.

The more they play together the better their understanding of each others play will get but as yet there is still a long way to go but the good news is that they can only get better.

Lita and brooker are starting to gel and are working really well together , they just need to play a bit closer together and we will have a great striking partnership.

It certainly does look promising. They're really starting to work well together and it was what looked like a superb looping header (from the Ateyeo!) that made our second goal.

My MOTM also, though Leroy was equally excellent so it's fair enough he got it.

Archived