IGNORED

Where Were You

arpaul

Pathetic. Absolutely Pathetic. Not only is this comment aimed at the Board, management and team, but also at the "stay away" supporters.

From a match perspective, it was dreadful, Brentford were probably the better team for the majority of 90 minutes and, but for the slip by the keeper would have deservedly won the match-without breaking sweat.

I have to question the motivational ability of our current managerial set up.

This is the FA Cup for Christs sake, where there is potential plum ties waiting against Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool. Alas I fear the board and management would prefer to progress in the LDV.

As for the supporters. Where were you. "Three games in a week is too expensive"

Successful teams get used to playing this many games, and their supporters will fill the ground each and every time.

Sleeping Giants ? More like Tinnions small time Charlies!! :wub:

Willsbridge even missed ANOTHER game - part timers these days.

I must go to city games, i must go to city games, i must go to city games, i must go to city games, i must go to city games, i must go to city games, i must go to city games, i must go to city games, i must go to city games, i must go to city games . . . . . .

on and on and on we go.

Successful teams get used to playing this many games, and their supporters will fill the ground each and every time.

Sleeping Giants ? More like Tinnions small time Charlies!! 

Don't really see why you feel the need to critiscise city fans for choosing not to pay £12 each to watch us play tonight. I hate the part-timer debate that arises on here once every few weeks. I just feel that as much as it would be great if we could have got 10,000, i understand that a cold friday night, after a week at work in the 1st round of the cup, some fans would choose to save their money for other games in the near future.

Also, 7,457 is a good crowd for Round 1. Few sides in our league will match that total.

Pathetic. Absolutely Pathetic. Not only is this comment aimed at the Board, management and team, but also at the "stay away" supporters.

From a match perspective, it was dreadful, Brentford were probably the better team for the majority of 90 minutes and, but for the slip by the keeper would have deservedly won the match-without breaking sweat.

This is the FA Cup for Christs sake, where there is potential plum ties waiting against Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool. Alas I fear the board and management would prefer to progress in the LDV.

Perhaps this is meant ironically and I'm missing something? :wub:

I feel arpaul has raised an interesting question but in a too provocative way.

Without being provocative, I would be interested to understand why so many stayed away. We have 8,500 season ticket holders, most of whom would have been there last night if it was a league game. So why not go for an FA Cup match? I know quite a few who went last night who don't normally, so at a guess I'd say at least half the season ticket holders didnt attend. Why? It cant be the money, with tickets just over half price.

Incidentally, I'm a season ticket holder, but because I play Saturdays have been at the start for only 4 of the 8 home league games so far. The others I get to after my game finishes, which means I arrive anything between half-time and only 15 mins left, depending on kick-off time and where we play. Sad maybe, but I am obssessed with Bristol City.

I'm not criticising those who don't go, it's their choice. However, when you've followed City to (say) Mansfield on a cold Tuesday night (unhappy memories), and attend all the lesser games at home, you appreciate the "big" games that much more - and I've been to all of them over the past 30 years.

You what, unbeaten in eleven games, scoring lots of goals, defence finally tightened up. If you'd been paying enough attention you'd remember this was our third game in six days and we were never going to repeat the performance of Tuesday. I admit we were pretty rubbish for long spells but we hung in there and got a result. The players heads never dropped.

Maybe you should join the stay aways mate, you won't be missed.

Guest Tactical Genius
I feel arpaul has raised an interesting question but in a too provocative way.

Not in the slightest. Every club in the country has a lower than average gate in the 1st Round of the FA Cup, unless they draw local rivals.

Usually, The TG finds that anyone who complains about this either doesn't pay for their own ticket or has no life outside of attending football matches. Either way he finds it terribly irksome.

I was at my ladies b-day session. Having a little 'un, you now and again have to make sacrificies for the cause. First home game missed. If it were played on a Saturday, I would have gone. Also my friend Andy was sick.

Hope that lets me and him off the hook.

3 games in 6 days, is a lot for a team who are trying to play high tempo football. No doubt concerns would have been raised if we'd have lost by putting out young'ns/reserves!

Guest bristolbred
As for the supporters. Where were you.

Some of us work long and hard, week in, week out!!, :wub:

Some of us spend a lot of money every season, as we don't have a choice in living on the doorstep of BS3!!, :wub: , so every game is like an away game!!.

Some of us have families, so to bring them along is added expense!!, :wub:

Brentford at home in the F.A. Cup, on a friday night!!, NOT exactly an awe expiring fixture where you make a more than conceated effort!!, :D

I was working a 12 hour shift last night s othere was no way i could attend, and your post, Arpaul, is typical of the impatient crowd who scream the moment city don't turn in a 4-something performance.

City have just won their last two games 4-1 and 4-0 and suddenly they can't keep up the quality and you're up criticising fans, players, Board and what have you.

You are a muppet.

No team has the divine right to sweep all before them, no not even Arsenal. City cannot keep up the unbeaten run an some day they'll lose. Get used to it. They are human, not gods.

Does it really matter if you were there or not? The people who were there were there and wanted to be there. People who wern't there obviously had other things to do like work, going out with freinds and familly, unable to afford the tickets etc.

It's our choice to go or not, doesn't mean that you have to explain your reasons for not going whenever some 'full timer' questions the fans loyalty. If there is an attraction in a first round FA Cup match I am sure peple would be willing to sacrifice other things, not the other way around.

I only went last night because I didn't have anything else planned. But I am sure if I had something more important to do then I wouldn't have gone. City Bentford 1st round aint exactly attractive is it?!

I'm afraid the FA cup really does mean FA these days, virtually every team now gets lower, not higher, gates on cup day, it is now as much relevence as the old League Cup had!

On the part time subject, I have a mate who has only seen ONE game this year, lives on his own, mountain of debts, sometimes scratting around to pay for food, first went to AG in the late 50's.

Don't you DARE tell him he loves City any the less than any "well-healed" season ticket holder!!!

I've done the last five home games including the ldv (were you there),why don't you shut up and just support the club or not bother turning up.I'm a season ticket holder go to all home games and a lot of the away games.I go because i can afford it but i understand that some people cannot afford all these games together and do not turn up for some (and frankly i don't care because what ever the size of the croud i still enjoy myself because i SUPPORT THE TEAM)

Perhaps you should forget about every one else and just watch the game.

And as for having a go at the management and board after the run we have just had

T##S P#T

JUST REMEMBER WE DID NOT LOSE.

part time thing again :wub:

i didn't go only because i work on a friday night and

could not get time off and i guess others who work

in clubs, bars resturants on a busy friday night are in

the same boat as me, yes i wanted to go but could not get

the time off, but i was at the ''so called'' lesser games

the ldv round 1 and 2, some people just can't afford to

go to all the games or have to work, we have had since

after colchester 4 games on the bounce all

close together saturdays, tuesdays and a friday add it

up it is a lot of money to get together and not everyone

can do it.

as for the team well we won't win them all and with

all them games so close together one or two of the

lads will need a weeks rest, it has been a long 2 weeks

with a lot of football played,

and some players have been carrying knocks.

part time thing again  :wub:

i didn't go only because i work on a friday night and

could not get time off and i guess others who work

in clubs, bars resturants on a busy friday night are in

the same boat as me, yes i wanted to go but could not get

the time off, but i was at the ''so called'' lesser games

the ldv round 1 and 2, some people just can't afford to

go to all the games or have to work, we have had since

after colchester  4 games on the bounce all

close together saturdays, tuesdays and a friday add it

up it is a lot of money to get together and not everyone

can do it.

as for the team well we won't win them all and with

all them games so close together one or two of the

lads will need a weeks rest, it has been a long 2 weeks

with a lot of football played,

and some players have been carrying knocks.

I took the wife out last night for a meal, had a great night, great food/drink, and when I saw a couple of mates later on, who had been to the game, all they could say was, they wished they'd had done the same.

I used to be young and childish once, and slaughter everyone for not going to every game, (even Freight Rover ties away!)but when you grow up, and realise in the grand scheme of things, that it's not the be all, and end all of everything.

Football today is on massive overkill, patheticaly overhyped, and the ridiculous money payed to players is a huge factor, of how attendances are affected.

I'll never be able to work out how a club like Bristol City, with an average attendance of 11/12 thousand fans,paying up to £26, to watch third rate football, can lose over a million pounds, in the financial year!

I find it realy hard to get my head around that one.

If you look around the country, from Newcastle to Man Utd even they haven't been able to fill the grounds in European games of late, so what chance is there of City attracting a bumper crowd for the visit of the magnificent Brentford in the first round of the F.A.Cup?

I'll always love, and support City, but it'll be on my terms these days, and I'll not be dictated to by any snotty nosed kid/directors playing the loyalty card.

I've always said if you opened the ground up for free, I still don't think you'd attract many more than the regulars, even last night I reckon you'd struggle to get over 10,000.

Manchurian candidates spring to mind. :wub:

Guest pentlandsl

Simple economics - it is not just a half price ticket, it is also a 50 mile round trip as well. Add a programme and a bag of chips on the way home and the evening has now become a £25 night out which a lot of fans would be hard-pressed to afford (or justify to their missus!).

The club could do more to encourage fans to cup nights - why not have an option to pay an extra £70 for season ticket holders to extend their league ticket to an 'all home matches' ticket i.e. including cup matches.

I would have gone for this and would almost certainly have attended all of the LDV matches and last night's matches as well - as it would have meant just pulling out a tenner for the night.

The club would benefit from higher revenues for their over-priced food and drinks as well as programme sales.

You what, unbeaten in eleven games, scoring lots of goals, defence finally tightened up. If you'd been paying enough attention you'd remember this was our third game in six days and we were never going to repeat the performance of Tuesday. I admit we were pretty rubbish for long spells but we hung in there and got a result. The players heads never dropped.

Maybe you should join the stay aways mate, you won't be missed.

That's about right.

Everytime we lose there is someone who comes on here and rants about how everything is incredibly crap and we are going down the pan, no matter that we're on a great run, are generally scoring for fun and managed to stick in there after a tiring week.

Guest North Street

I can understand very easily why so many fans stayed away, simple economics!Too many games in too short a peroid costing far "TOO" much.

Spot the difference

£11 v Brentfords £17 v Tranmere £10 v Milkton Keynes Dongs and £4.50[really is] for England v Spain at the Bernabau

MInd you yesterday there were three people. They weren't sure who Bradley Orr was, which I could just about give them, but then then one of them asked who our short brown defender was. They eventually decided he must be Leroy Lita (they said it as if you would say I lita match). Later on they decided it wasn't him. What was more they did a running commentary of the game, and only 1 out of the 3 jumped up when we scored.

I can understand very easily why so many fans stayed away, simple economics!Too many games in too short a peroid costing far "TOO" much.

Spot the difference

£11 v Brentfords £17 v Tranmere £10 v Milkton Keynes Dongs and £4.50[really is] for England v Spain at the Bernabau

I've got to agree hear... That's absolutely crazy in regards to the Spain Vs. England match! Surely that can't be true! :wub:

Guest North Street
I've got to agree hear... That's absolutely crazy in regards to the Spain Vs. England match! Surely that can't be true!  :wub:

Its true, i am going Mate, the fa's booking fee [£3.75] nearly costs the same as the ticket.

Archived