IGNORED

Where Were You

arpaul

I've never attended a Friday night match. And never would. Some people have something called a social life. Forget sitting out in the cold at a football ground when you can be enjoying yourself with your mates inside a nice warm pub. Saturday is the day for football. :wub:

I've never attended a Friday night match. And never would. Some people have something called a social life. Forget sitting out in the cold at a football ground when you can be enjoying yourself with your mates inside a nice warm pub. Saturday is the day for football.  :wub:

I agree. I HATE Friday night football. It's an attempt to attract the "Saturday footballers" but these people had already had a game on Tuesday night. Had this been played at 12.00 Saturday or on Sunday afternoon there would have been a bigger crowd.

Were there any policy there last night? Presumably the switch was to avoid the police having to double up and yet I would have thought more police resources are used to sort out the Friday night binge drinkers than were used at both City and Rovers games combined this weekend.

Friday nights are sacrosanct. If the club keep meddling in Friday night football they can keep expecting lower gates - particularly when they cannot rely on the season ticket holders being forced into messing up their weekend rituals.

I didn't go. Couldn't be ar$ed.

But do you think tht my heart wasn't pounding at 9.30pm last night as the teletext got updated?

So, it's time to refute this charge of part time fans.

Say it loud:

I'm out and I'm proud,

I'm a PART TIME FAN.

I'm out and I'm proud,

I'm a PART TIME etc etc

Pathetic. Absolutely Pathetic. Not only is this comment aimed at the Board, management and team, but also at the "stay away" supporters.

From a match perspective, it was dreadful, Brentford were probably the better team for the majority of 90 minutes and, but for the slip by the keeper would have deservedly won the match-without breaking sweat.

I have to question the motivational ability of our current managerial set up.

This is the FA Cup for Christs sake, where there is potential plum ties waiting against Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool. Alas I fear the board and management would prefer to progress in the LDV.

As for the supporters. Where were you. "Three games in a week is too expensive"

Successful teams get used to playing this many games, and their supporters will fill the ground each and every time.

Sleeping Giants ? More like Tinnions small time Charlies!! :wub:

BLOODY HELL! hes a happy chap isn't he?! :P

Arpaul's post was 30% about the no-show fans and 70% about his anti-Tinnion zealotry.

For those of us who lead busy lives and don't post 50 times a day, its quick and simple to scan the poster's name before reading. That way, we don't have to commit precious minutes to reading bile or witless rambling. Arpaul isn't witless - far from it and although he'll protest, his record speaks for itself. He doesn't like our manager, he never will and that's that.

I just wish he'd be a bit more honest and not dress up an anti-Tinnion dig by having a pop at the stay-aways.

It's good to have you back, Arpaul.

Remind me, why haven't you been posting lately?

Oh, of course, that's right, we've been winning and playing well.

Richie's gone awfully quiet too.

I have been reading with glee & have never shown too much dislike to the new management.

In fact I have always said that BT should be given a period of time & I reckon things are going ok?

I don't actually agree with the anti-BT posts.

Don't particularly think he was the right choice,but have always given him the chance.

I have reported your post to the moderators, as I think it's classed as baiting, but as with the likes of certain other posters, there seems to be a rule for one & a rule for others. :wub:

I have been reading with glee & have never shown too much dislike to the new management.

In fact I have always said that BT should be given a period of time & I reckon things are going ok?

I don't actually agree with the anti-BT posts.

Don't particularly think he was the right choice,but have always given him the chance.

I have reported your post to the moderators, as I think it's classed as baiting, but as with the likes of certain other posters, there seems to be a rule for one & a rule for others. :wub:

Never shown too much disslike to the management? Ok, these are your own words...

Tinnion has been a great servent to this club,but I feel his appointment has undone all the poitives & put the club back 4 or 5 seasons.

Lets face it if Tinnion had any ambition or was any good, he wouldn't have said as long as he did in the lower divisions.

So Tinnion will be happy (or told) to work with what he's got?

Sometimes (BHA,Crystal Palace etc) the fresh outsider approach is what is needed.

The cheap option is not always the right way

I'm also curious as to how I am 'baiting' anyone.

Are you denying the fact that on the posting front, you've gone very quiet in recent weeks? Infact, co-inciding with our recent up-turn in fortunes?

Maybe it is just co-incidence, and you are a busy man. I fail to see how I suggested otherwise. Either way, thanks for clearing it up.

Never shown too much disslike to the management? Ok, these are your own words...

I'm also curious as to how I am 'baiting' anyone.

Are you denying the fact that on the posting front, you've gone very quiet in recent weeks? Infact, co-inciding with our recent up-turn in fortunes?

Maybe it is just co-incidence, and you are a busy man. I fail to see how I suggested otherwise. Either way, thanks for clearing it up.

Godzilla,nice to see you have a keen eye on me & my posts & posting fequency.

As I said, I don't feel that BT was the right appt. My opinion & while it dosn't coincide with yours,its how I feel.

But while you have 'cherry picked' some of the reasons I didn't think he was the right appt,you have missed the posts where I have said that we have to give him time.

Gosh, Godzilla, flip the coin it has two sides. :wub:

but also at the "stay away" supporters.

Successful teams get used to playing this many games, and their supporters will fill the ground each and every time.

I think some times post of this sort are put on by people who type before they engage their brains. :@

It might not have crossed your mind that it was a night match?. I work nights, my partner works nights, I think there may be quite a few more who work nights or shifts and could not get 2 nights off in one week.

Like me many could not understand why it had been put to a friday night for two reasons, one being that City had played on the tuesday, and the second that the crowd would of been bigger had it of been played on the sunday.

I had a friend who went who said the lads looked tired, which I can well believe after having played Saturday, Tuesday then again Friday.

Yes it was bad managment, but was it not down to the FA?. and cost of policing?.

I bet you're one of these "I've never missed a game " people, with no kids, no ties to stop you going and if you work , it's a day job?.

So anyone who wants to have a pop at The Stay Away Fans, think before you type, that there are or could be many reasons, like, Lack of funds, shift work, night work, family responsabilties,people who can't just put down or stop what they are doing to attend a match. :@ :@ :@

Pathetic. Absolutely Pathetic. Not only is this comment aimed at the Board, management and team, but also at the "stay away" supporters.

From a match perspective, it was dreadful, Brentford were probably the better team for the majority of 90 minutes and, but for the slip by the keeper would have deservedly won the match-without breaking sweat.

This is the FA Cup for Christs sake, where there is potential plum ties waiting against Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool. Alas I fear the board and management would prefer to progress in the LDV.

Would comment but didnt go as i couldnt be arsed :Sleep12:

Guest LeicesterRed
Some of us work long and hard, week in, week out!!,  ;)

Some of us spend a lot of money every season, as we don't have a choice in living on the doorstep of BS3!!,  ;) , so every game is like an away game!!.

Some of us have families, so to bring them along is added expense!!,  ;)

Brentford at home in the F.A. Cup, on a friday night!!, NOT exactly an awe expiring fixture where you make a more than conceated effort!!,  ;)

Ever tried negotiating the M5 on a friday night???

I`d have to leave home at 2.30pm for the chance to make kick off and then I`d probably miss it!!

:laugh:

I was in Torquay, sorry. I took a 50-50 guess that we would get drawn away and got Brentford at home. I'd rather miss a first round FA Cup than a league game.

By the sounds of it, it was a good choice, oh, and what a cracking weekend as well !!! :P:P

MM

Some things to bear in mind before you rubbish every fan who wasnt there on friday.

1. 5 home games in a row a lot of money for people and if i had to miss one it would have been mk dons ldv or friday (by the way i went and havent missed a game this season not that that makes any difference just for the pedantic buggers)

2. Only hull beat our gate in the fa cup this weekend, they had 9,000.

3. I know its the fa cup and all but we were playing brentford at home a known quantity who we can see most seasons at the gate, not like its a non league side who we may never see again.

4. It was quite cold, and this is enough for some people not to go.

How about you lay off the fans and the board and the managent a bit hey? We are now 11 games unbeaten, fortunate on friday yes but it was the 3rd game in 6 days after all.

And lets be honest we arent going to hit teams for 3 and 4 every game are we and i'd much rather we went out of the cup then lost in the league.

Sorry a Q.E.2 cruise I booked clashed with a few home games, on the day in question we were docked in Gibraltar.I`m sorry if this affected the result or finiancally embaressed the club ;):laugh:

Sleeping Giants ? More like Tinnions small time Charlies!! :laugh:

I smell gas...

I'm a season ticket holder and missed the Tranmere game due to work commitments in London. Went on Friday though, despite the 130 mile round trip and extra ticket money.

Important to remember that it was MY choice. Nobody makes anyone go to a football match. If people don't want to go it's not worth banging on about it.

Arpaul's post was 30% about the no-show fans and 70% about his anti-Tinnion zealotry.

For those of us who lead busy lives and don't post 50 times a day, its quick and simple to scan the poster's name before reading. That way, we don't have to commit precious minutes to reading bile or witless rambling. Arpaul isn't witless - far from it and although he'll protest, his record speaks for itself. He doesn't like our manager, he never will and that's that.

I just wish he'd be a bit more honest and not dress up an anti-Tinnion dig by having a pop at the stay-aways.

I'm afraid you are missing the point here Niall. Arpaul has uncovered a global conspiracy of left footed Geordie terror that threatens to overwhelm us all. He is a visionary, and we must listen to what he says or we are all doomed. He has the courage to say the unsayable, and see things that are hidden to us mere mortals.

The parlous state of Bristol's secondary education system is all down to Tinnion's insistence on playing attacking football instead of trying to build a broad based consensus for change across the entire Bristol demographic. There would be no Middle East peace crisis if it were not for Tins' blinkered persistence in mucking about with a 4 3 3 instead of engaging in meaningful dialogue with Sharon and Aaraft (whose mysterious death has also been linked to our manager's refusal to drop his best mate Scott Murray). And most shockingly of all, we would not be facing an environmental and economic crisis because of our over-dependence on oil if it were not for Tinman's stubborn intransigence in refusing to give Louis Carey a much deserved pay rise.

We must listen to Arpaul before it is too late. If we don't we are doomed .. doomed I tells ya ......

I'm afraid you are missing the point here Niall. Arpaul has uncovered a global conspiracy of left footed Geordie terror that threatens to overwhelm us all. He is a visionary, and we must listen to what he says or we are all doomed. He has the courage to say the unsayable, and see things that are hidden to us mere mortals.

The parlous state of Bristol's secondary education system is all down to Tinnion's insistence on playing attacking football instead of trying to build a broad based consensus for change across the entire Bristol demographic. There would be no Middle East peace crisis if it were not for Tins' blinkered persistence in mucking about with a 4 3 3 instead of engaging in meaningful dialogue with Sharon and Aaraft (whose mysterious death has also been linked to our manager's refusal to drop his best mate Scott Murray). And most shockingly of all, we would not be facing an environmental and economic crisis because of our over-dependence on oil if it were not for Tinman's stubborn intransigence in refusing to give Louis Carey a much deserved pay rise.

We must listen to Arpaul before it is too late. If we don't we are doomed .. doomed I tells ya ......

Been hard at work for 3 hours, first thing that has made me smile this morning! :laugh:

Glad someone has finally understood..... :laugh:

Don't be ridiculous Dave. Recent research by those boffins at NASA has strongly indicated that the roots of the current global environmental and political crisis can be traced back OVER NINE MONTHS BEFORE TINNION'S APPOINTMENT! Namely to the period during which Danny Wilson insisted on playing Burnell in the centre alongside Doherty.

NOW we're getting to the truth.

Chill out, if you can afford to go/can go, go, and if you cant, don't- Whats the big deal???? I'm a part timer, so what??? only so much disposable income to use on football-marvellous if its your only expense/vice/habit, but hey count your blessings, you wingeing sod!!! some people who love City cant even afford ONE game...

And 10 goals for, 2 against, prior to this game is crap???????, Get real............

League games are more important now to this club, and most others too.

Archived