IGNORED

Miller

ali

Guest zider_head

don't be too hard on him , the bloke hasnt had a first team kick in months, you cant come back and expect him to play a blinder, i feel sorry for lee hasnt had any luck since he came here really, prehaps a loan would do him the world of good

How gone you judge him on that? the midfield and service to the front line was awful! perhaps if Murray was interested in the game and Wiltshire, Bell and Dinning were playing the service into Miller would have been better. Heffernan was no better until his goal. If your going slag off players for tonight then what about Butler, Tinnon, Fortune and Orr? all played as badly as Miller!!.

Unfortunately this was a typical performance from Lee, whenever I have seen him he fails to impress. If the chance comes for Miller to move on it will be good for him and for us. Whatever he was doing for Falkirk does not count for much in this league. Although the front two had little service, Heffernan always looked like he might get in on goal, and it was Leroy who flicked on to Smith to set up Heffs. Tonight's game also demonstrates that we must sign Dinning. I'm afraid that Orr is not yet composed or steady enough to dictate the play around him and dominate the midfield.

We will have to do better on Saturday and I think we will with our first team!

If you expect a player to come back from illness and having not played a game for the best part of a month and put on a good performance, then you are in cuckoo land.

Heffernan was pants as well.

So was Fortune in the first half - cumbersome, and way way off the pace.

Tinnion was no better.

All have not played so are not match fit.

We have a squad, but no rotation.

Then why on earth play him? Get someone else in there if he's not up to it and you're fielding non-regulars.

Thought he was awful for you tonight... Forgot he was on the pitch when he stepped up for the penalty.

Sorry to for blunt but he was very, very poor.

Biggest waste of money in living memory. And that is before he missed his penalty.He's lightweight, lazy, bottleless and overpaid. He must have played his last game for us now surely.

Second that; send him to Swansea or Cheltenham more in his class

If you expect a player to come back from illness and having not played a game for the best part of a month and put on a good performance, then you are in cuckoo land.

Tinnion was no better.

Unfortunately, I have seen play like this more or less on every other ocassion and he has been match fit then. He's a pro, it's his job and like all pros he has to take responsibilty for his performance. Several players were unimpressive but Miller contributed so little he rather stood out.

You're all going to get told off by Grannyjoy and Whitey.

Unlike a lot of posters I have felt since he came to us that Miller hasn't got it and I have taken stick from them both the above for expressing my views. I now hope that more people will now realise the same thing. He will never be any good for us and has to go!

The one thing I regret is that Tins played him in a televised game which could now put other clubs off having him.

I just do not understand some of the fans "awesome" regard for him.

You're all going to get told off by Grannyjoy and Whitey

This is true, but the nearest and dearest are not the best objective judges of a player's ability, and I suspect that they will be pretty thick skined. It's a good living after all. A mate at work is the father of a pro same sort of age as Tommy Doc (they were friends and played together before their pro days) this lad started at the Gas, moved on to Orient, then Cardiff, Oldham and now at Northampton. His Dad has always supported him but has found it very difficult to watch and listen to all the abuse that is hurled out on the terraces and aimed at his son. He could deal with it but his mum found too much at times.

In my view it's ok to criticise someone performance, but out of order to make it personal or abusive. I'm afraid I don't rate Lee as a player, and I don't think he can do a job for us, but make no other assumptions about him.

He's a good enough player, he just doesn't put in the necessary hard work on the pitch, or certainly gives that impression. For his size, he gets bounced around WAY too easily. Get in the gym or something, work harder, put yourself about, you could be something for the club Lee...

Tinnion was no better.

Would explain the obvious lack of match fitness, so in that case, it might have been better statin Gillespie.

Miller showed flashes of what he can do, but as at Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaadiff, foxtrot all service from midfield, and the way Brentford played would always show up any lack of fitness.

Orr was anonymous, Murray er turned up, and thats it, even Tins couldnt stamp his authority, but put it this way one of the "better sides" in the division couldnt beat our 2nd string, in 90 mins, we have one hell of a strong squad here.

Brentford deserved the win, on balance, they wanted it more than us.

Totally agree, although I suppose it's Peacock's fault as he was watching the game in Sheffield and overshadowed him during the game or something?

And there you are jumping straight on the first glimpse of a post which mentions a certain Welsh Striker who plays for Swindon. :rolleyes:

How the hell can you bring Peacock into this, what's he got to do with the price of bacon :whistle:

Miller hasn't played a first team game for a few months, so it's only natural for him to be off the pace slightly. Having said that though neither him or Heffernan had any service whatsoever in the first half, and not too much for the rest of the game either.

Miller was poor tonight, not just him though it should be said. These fringe players were given a chance to impress tonight and show that they should be in the team. Quite frankly they all under performed and badly, only Heff and Brown for me come out with any credit whatsoever from the fringe players.

What tonight also showed is how important Dinning and Brooker are to our team, we need to sign up Dinning asap.

Miller hasn't played a first team game for a few months, so it's only natural for him to be off the pace slightly. Having said that though neither him or Heffernan had any service whatsoever in the first half, and not too much for the rest of the game either.

And it's got to be one of the first ever games they have played together in isn't it, well there can't be many? Both lacking match practice and natrually not much understanding between eachother. Oh but everyone else is given time to 'gel' :rolleyes:

Archived