IGNORED

Miller

ali

This is just so typical, how often do people on here choose to make certain players scapegoats. Yes Lee didnt have a good game, but what do you expect with the players behind him having poor games to, yes he missed a penalty, i don't remember anyone complaining about his penalty technique when with practically his first touch he took a beautiful penalty against Everton. Lees confidence was probably very low before the game and obviously will be even lower after, and i dread to think how he would feel if he reads some of these comments.

Its not Lee Millers fault we didnt win this game.

He has lacked match practice, was made to play as a target man again when we all know he cant. I truely feel gutted for Lee, i, as I'm sure you all hoped he would take his chance and prove the doubters wrong. I think Tins would have been better letting him go to Scotland on loan where he could of got some match practice and probably a boost in moral.

:rolleyes:

This is just so typical, how often do people on here choose to make certain players scapegoats. Yes Lee didnt have a good game, but what do you expect with the players behind him having poor games to, yes he missed a penalty, i don't remember anyone complaining about his penalty technique when with practically his first touch he took a beautiful penalty against Everton. Lees confidence was probably very low before the game and obviously will be even lower after, and i dread to think how he would feel if he reads some of these comments.

Its not Lee Millers fault we didnt win this game.

He has lacked match practice, was made to play as a target man again when we all know he cant. I truely feel gutted for Lee, i, as I'm sure you all hoped he would take his chance and prove the doubters wrong. I think Tins would have been better letting him go to Scotland on loan where he could of got some match practice and probably a boost in moral.

:rolleyes:

Agree absoultely.

It is now official. Lee Miller has taken over the Christian Roberts mantle, i.e. he's damned whatever he does. He's given a chance but, going on the commments of those who watched the match, had swett FA in terms of decent service, as he was in pre-season playing with a reserve/youth team midfield and then criticised for doing nothing of note then . He's been ill, hasn't had a proper run for how long? and as a result can't be anything like match fit. Added to which,, he must have known the pressure he was under the minute he stepped onto the pitch last night. Is it any wonder he had a bad night?

I doubt that he''s a quiter, but if I was him I'd be in Tinnion's office asking for a move - loan or permanent- as quickly as possible, 'cause the longer he stays here, the quicker his career is going down the pan. He doesn't deserve the treatment he's getting, given the way he's been messed around by succesive mannagers since he came her.

Lee Miller- I'm a Scot, get me out of here!

Oh good let's all have a go at our own players?????

Yes Lee did not have a good game, but the same could be said for the whole team really (and was true of the game at Ashton Gate as well). Now why do you think that might be??

Has any thought that just maybe the opposition played well, worked out how best to counter our passing game and got their tactics right? Well to me, Martin Allen got it spot on, his team gave us no space or time on the ball, closed us down continually and stopped us playing our normal game. And, their centre halfs even managed to stop the lobs up field and send it straight back into our half. Credit the opposition for the way the game went, we just didn't seem to have anyone on the pitch, or in the tactics department, who knew how to counter their play.

Equally, I think we did miss Dinning/Wilkshire, there was no creativity in the middle at all and the service to the front 2 was non existant.

But of course it is easier to have a go at one or two of our own players and write them off as not good enough and yes we need someone to take on the mantle Chris Roberts held here :rolleyes:

Heffernan was pants as well.

That comment is a joke. Heffernan was the only bright spot in an otherwise depressing evening. He scored a good goal for us and almost won the game for us in extra time. It was only the goalkeeper's shirtsleeve that tipped his shot round the post! Heffernan is worth persisting with, unlike certain other members of our alleged "best squad in the division".

It was a pants game really. And a bit chilly.

But credit to Brentford they deserved it.

don't think Miller deserves this much negativity but alot of you like a moan.

Thought Brown was good though.

I would field a similar team against Swansea - including Miller -so that our squad become just that.

Have to say I'm a bit shocked Miller's being singled out for critisism here. In a dire team performance during which there was virtually no service to the front men from midfield, I thought LM at least showed a couple of impressive touches. Do people choose not to see this when selecting their next target for abuse?

As with a certain *unnamed* striker who is currently setting the world alight at Swindon, it must be so inconvenient when the intended target of abuse does something well, that people have to erase it from their memories so as not to damage their argument. Ridiculous.

And, their centre halfs even managed to stop the lobs up field and send it straight back into our half. 

Your right their defenders won nearly every ball that went to our strikers. Yes the balls were bad but we may as well have had a rebound board up there last night for all the use Miller was in stopping this happen.

He showed some nice touches on the ball and has good skill but until he sorts out his holding the ball up he isn't the type of player we can use effectively. We can all argue that we weren't playing to his strengths but he really does need to work on this weakness.

As far as I am concerned Miller was awful last night.

Yes, there was no service. Yes, other players were awful too. Yes, he may be a nice guy....

The fact remains that he has no strength and he has no pace. On occassions a reasonable touch. He does try hard but that I'm afraid is not enough. Comparing him to Teddy Sheringham is flattery in the extreme.

If Miller is not a target man then what is he?

Strikers like Lita and Heffernan are sharp in the box as witnessed by Heffernans goal last night. Heffernan may not be strong or particularly good in the air but he has pace and is a natural goalscorer, despite some rustiness shown yesterday. Lets not forget that he scored the goal (brilliantly taken first time), was unlucky not to score the winner and then put away his penalty nicely, yet people are saying on here that he had a similar game to Miller?!

Lita missed a penalty but when he came on he gave us a spark that had been missing. I think Heffernan is the more natural finisher but Leroy has that goalscorers instinct to be in the right place at the right time, has pace AND strength (in my eyes he is better at holding the ball up and winning flick ons than Miller) and the most important ingredient, hunger. People saying that Leroy had a poor game last night but no-one gave him any grief are missing the point slightly - we are talking about a guy who is currently the top scorer in the country in all competitions and is only 19. If Miller has that potential then what about Leroy? He is 2 years younger and is fulfilling it already.

Even Christian Roberts had pace, strength and while sometimes erratic, could often perform the unexpected.

I don't think that Lee or his family deserve to be vilified by anybody. Its not his fault that he was signed for such a high fee, not his fault that City decided to pay him so much. I only hope that if he appears again that he will not get any stick from the terraces as this will only make things worse. The simple fact is that he is just not good enough for us in this division at this moment in time.

The best way forward in my eyes would be to send him out somewhere on loan and see how he gets on. If not very well then I think it would be in the best interests of both Bristol City and Lee Miller if he were to move on somewhere else on a permanent basis.

As far as I am concerned Miller was awful last night.

Yes, there was no service. Yes, other players were awful too. Yes, he may be a nice guy....

The fact remains that he has no strength and he has no pace. On occassions a reasonable touch. He does try hard but that I'm afraid is not enough. Comparing him to Teddy Sheringham is flattery in the extreme.

If Miller is not a target man then what is he?

Strikers like Lita and Heffernan are sharp in the box as witnessed by Heffernans goal last night. Heffernan may not be strong or particularly good in the air but he has pace and is a natural goalscorer, despite some rustiness shown yesterday. Lets not forget that he scored the goal (brilliantly taken first time), was unlucky not to score the winner and then put away his penalty nicely, yet people are saying on here that he had a similar game to Miller?!

Lita missed a penalty but when he came on he gave us a spark that had been missing. I think Heffernan is the more natural finisher but Leroy has that goalscorers instinct to be in the right place at the right time, has pace AND strength (in my eyes he is better at holding the ball up and winning flick ons than Miller) and the most important ingredient, hunger. People saying that Leroy had a poor game last night but no-one gave him any grief are missing the point slightly - we are talking about a guy who is currently the top scorer in the country in all competitions and is only 19. If Miller has that potential then what about Leroy? He is 2 years younger and is fulfilling it already. 

Even Christian Roberts had pace, strength and while sometimes erratic, could often perform the unexpected.

I don't think that Lee or his family deserve to be vilified by anybody. Its not his fault that he was signed for such a high fee, not his fault that City decided to pay him so much. I only hope that if he appears again that he will not get any stick from the terraces as this will only make things worse. The simple fact is that he is just not good enough for us in this division at this moment in time.

The best way forward in my eyes would be to send him out somewhere on loan and see how he gets on. If not very well then I think it would be in the best interests of both Bristol City and Lee Miller if he were to move on somewhere else on a permanent basis.

That just about says it all and very well constructed. Criticise the player not the person. Lee may need to go elsewhere to reach his potential, he may never reach it, and there are no doubt several others here who will face the same situation. The lower leagues are full of such players who thought they would make it to the top but never got there. But our aim is to get BCFC up and ever upwards and unfortunately we can't always invest a lot of time waiting for players to come good.

Lets see, its Lee Millers turn for the flak.............last player to have it was Robbo, and last season it was: Miller,Robbo,Phillips,Wilkshire,Butler,Leapy,Burnell,Doc,Belly, Aaron, Goodfellow. The main suspects I think, from various protagonists.

Others to have the honour of flak this season are Hill, Butler, Tinman himself, Doc, Fortune Amankwaah, and there are probably others but I cant be @rsed to check on.

WHY???????????????? :rolleyes:

Was it not a certain defender who gets the biggest slagging off in the forum??,  :clap:

:rolleyes::whistle::shifty:

Heff's finish from about 7 yards out was not a rasping 20 yard plus drive :yawn:

Fair play to Mr Smith on one of his rare ventures forward, just like watching Brazil...ahem :laugh:

Poeple say he had no service, but every time he got the ball he was on the floor two seconds later, me and my mates couldn't believe he stayed on for the full game and we called him 'skittle'.

It's so boring when people go on about potential as I seen NONE at all in him, and people that say he hasn't been given a chance, how many games did he play last season, surely 30 plus? He scored a magic 9 goals.

Archived