IGNORED

Liam Rosenior/andy Cole

freezer

Now I know there's a lot of bad feeling from some people towards Mr Rosenior but,it ain't his fault if the Ashton Gate postal system is a bit wonky.

He took a chance, moved on, and on tonights performance did the right thing.

Good luck to him,also Mr Cole still looked handy,both City 'old' boys.

Made me wonder who if any of our current squad could one day play in the premiership(hopefully all of them, with us watching at Ashton Gate, but I fear that could be a little way off yet.)

I think that Mr Lita and Mr Harley might one day achieve that position.

Nice to see ex-City players doing well.

:grr:

Andy Cole was signed by Denis Smith about the same time as Leroy Rosenior, and they helped us out of a relegation mire (playing alongside Jacki)so it was interesting to see Cole alongside Liam.

As for Liam,he had a great game, and although I was very disappointed to see him go, he's a professional footballer and he did what he thought was best for his career. As you indicated, that is entirely his prerogative.

When he opens up his Sky man of the match Champagne this evening, he will no doubt reflect on how, instead of a putting in a sparkling performance against Man United tonight he could have found himself warming the bench at Bloomfield Road last Saturday. Anyone who thinks that Liam made a bad decision should simply imagine what it would be like to be in his shoes tonight.

Guest Tactical Genius
Made me wonder who if any of our current squad could one day play in the premiership(hopefully all of them, with us watching at Ashton Gate, but I fear that could be a little way off yet.)

Provided that he doesn't do the usual City trick of developing so far and then no more then Lita could. Phillips maybe, given the dearth of decent goalkeepers. The rest, forget it.

Andy Cole was signed by Denis Smith about the same time as Leroy Rosenior, and they helped us out of a relegation mire (playing alongside Jacki)so it was interesting to see Cole alongside Liam.

As for Liam,he had a great game, and although I was very disappointed to see him go, he's a professional footballer and he did what he thought was best for his career. As you indicated, that is entirely his prerogative.

When he opens up his Sky man of the match Champagne this evening, he will no doubt reflect on how, instead of a putting in a sparkling performance against Man United tonight he could have found himself warming the bench at Bloomfield Road last Saturday. Anyone who thinks that Liam made a bad decision should simply imagine what it would be like to be in his shoes tonight.

Absolutely. And I'm sure he'd be p1ss1ing himself laughing if he knew about the bitter & twisted comments on here too. Life's too short.....move on!

Casting the "s____y postal service" gripes aside, I reckon Liam would not have been warming the bench last season had he accepted a renewal, and would quite probably have figured highly in Danny's plans.

True, it would have probably had been at Lita's expense, but Liam and Leapy would have cakewalked a large portion of last season- Leapy was the man who -when dry- needed carrying and Liam could have been the one to do it. On last night's form I'd have said that either Liam and Lita or Liam & Brooker could work very well together up front.

As for who we have at the mo, I agree that only Leroy & Steve P. would stand a chance in the Premiership for an extended period.

Guest TinmansCulturedLeftPeg

Scott Murray(Villa),Jamie Smith(Palace),Luke Wilkshire(Boro),and Tony Butler(West Brom) have already played in the Premiership! About 100 games between them I guess....Tinman played in the old top-flight for what it's worth....

Scott Murray(Villa),Jamie Smith(Palace),Luke Wilkshire(Boro),and Tony Butler(West Brom) have already played in the Premiership! About 100 games between them I guess....Tinman played in the old top-flight for what it's worth....

Did'nt realise Murray had played in the premiership - although it was only 4 games!

Guest Tactical Genius

Butler was at wba whilst they were there, but did not play in the top flight.

Murray played about 5 games as already stated.

Wilkshire about 20, around half as a sub.

Smith about the same in a side that came bottom by a country mile.

Which leaves Tinnion, and the top flight of the late 80's is very different from the one we know today.

Casting the "s____y postal service" gripes aside, I reckon Liam would not have been warming the bench last season had he accepted a renewal, and would quite probably have figured highly in Danny's plans.

Surely one of the main points to come out of the Incider interview was that he didn't figure highly in Danny's plans?

Leapy was the man who -when dry- needed carrying

When dry - whatever do you mean? :P

Butler was at wba whilst they were there, but did not play in the top flight.

Murray played about 5 games as already stated.

Wilkshire about 20, around half as a sub.

Smith about the same in a side that came bottom by a country mile.

Which leaves Tinnion, and the top flight of the late 80's is very different from the one we know today.

Tactical Genious? More like exaggerant ######....

Wilkshire started 24 games....and Smith played a season at right-back for Palace in the Premiership,there 38 games in a season in the Premiership,not 20....

The top flight of the 80's was much better than the Premiership,you had better players....Gazza,Bryan Robson,Graeme Souness,Liam Brady,Glenn Hoddle,Chris Waddle,John Barnes,Alan Hansen,Viv Anderson,Gary Linekar,Ian Rush,Peter Beardsley,Norman Whiteside....Tinman played against all of these huge legends who are todays stars idols....Tim Cahill is Everton's best player,Everton are second in the Premiership,Tinman was much better than Cahill when they were in the PFA teams in this division,and Wilkshire looked better than Cahill when they played for Australia....Tim Cahill or Bryan Robson? Lee Carsley or Glenn Hoddle? Liam Rosenior or Viv Anderson? Lee Bowyer or Liam Brady?

Guest Tactical Genius
Tim Cahill or Bryan Robson? Lee Carsley or Glenn Hoddle? Liam Rosenior or Viv Anderson? Lee Bowyer or Liam Brady?

Yeah you are right, Thierry Henry or Martin Hayes, van Nistelroy or Peter Davenport, Frank Lampard or John Bumstead, Alan Shearer or Joe Allon, John Terry or Garry Strodder, Patrick Vieira or David Phillips.

Tinman played against all of these huge legends who are todays stars idols....Tim Cahill is Everton's best player,Everton are second in the Premiership,Tinman was much better than Cahill when they were in the PFA teams in this division,and Wilkshire looked better than Cahill when they played for Australia....

What are you on? - it is over five years since Tins (then 31) faced Cahill then still a teenager (n.b. - this also shows up those writing off our current young players as talking out of their backsides.)

Oh and Wilkshire was replacing Cahill (injured by Redknapp's OTT challenge) when he played for Australia, so again you've no way of making a fair comparisson.

The top flight of the 80's was much better than the Premiership,you had better players....Gazza,Bryan Robson,Graeme Souness,Liam Brady,Glenn Hoddle,Chris Waddle,John Barnes,Alan Hansen,Viv Anderson,Gary Linekar,Ian Rush,Peter Beardsley,Norman Whiteside...........

I hate to pick a fight with you, but......Souness didn't play in the top flight of English football after 1984, Brady left to go to Italy in about 1980, Hoddle spent a lot of time in France, Lineker ditto in Spain, poor Norman Whiteside was crocked in the mid 1980's and Viv Andersen's best days were in the 1970's. I think the 1988 Liverpool side were the best club side I have ever seen in English football, but the overall standard is better now than it was then. And I speak as somebody who loathes the Premiership and all it stands for.

The top flight of the 80's was much better than the Premiership,you had better players....Gazza,Bryan Robson,Graeme Souness,Liam Brady,Glenn Hoddle,Chris Waddle,John Barnes,Alan Hansen,Viv Anderson,Gary Linekar,Ian Rush,Peter Beardsley,Norman Whiteside....Tinman played against all of these huge legends who are todays stars idols....Tim Cahill is Everton's best player,Everton are second in the Premiership,Tinman was much better than Cahill when they were in the PFA teams in this division,and Wilkshire looked better than Cahill when they played for Australia....Tim Cahill or Bryan Robson? Lee Carsley or Glenn Hoddle? Liam Rosenior or Viv Anderson? Lee Bowyer or Liam Brady?

I'm sorry but I don't agree with that. There are some amazing players in the Premiership.

Maybe its because you are slightly older than me... I don't know!

What are you on? - it is over five years since Tins (then 31) faced Cahill then still a teenager (n.b. - this also shows up those writing off our current young players as talking out of their backsides.)

Oh and Wilkshire was replacing Cahill (injured by Redknapp's OTT challenge) when he played for Australia, so again you've no way of making a fair comparisson.

Why are you lying for?

Tim Cahill was alongside Tinnion in the PFA side in 2001(Tinman was voted best player in the division),that's 3 years ago not over 5 years ago....Cahill would of been 23 at the time,hardly a teenager eh?

Cahill played ALONGSIDE Wilkshire every single game for Australia at the Olympics a couple of months ago and Wilkshire stood out as better than him....

Tim Cahill was alongside Tinnion in the PFA side in 2001(Tinman was voted best player in the division),that's 3 years ago not over 5 years ago....Cahill would of been 23 at the time,hardly a teenager eh?

I can forgive a fool for calling me a liar, Millwall were promoted in 2000/01 so Cahill was playing a division higher - in any case the PFA side is imaginary, it never actually plays - so the last (only?) time Tins would have faced Cahill was (I've just looked it up) in March 2000 when Cahill was 20.

Cahill played ALONGSIDE Wilkshire every single game for Australia at the Olympics a couple of months ago and Wilkshire stood out as better than him....

That wasn't Australia, it was Australia U/23s.

Not quite sure what bizarre point you are trying to make anyway - Cahill looks a damned good player to me, as indeed are Wilko and Tins

I can forgive a fool for calling me a liar, Millwall were promoted in 2000/01 so Cahill was playing a division higher - in any case the PFA side is imaginary, it never actually plays - so the last (only?) time Tins would have faced Cahill was (I've just looked it up) in March 2000 when Cahill was 20.

That wasn't Australia, it was Australia U/23s.

Not quite sure what bizarre point you are trying to make anyway - Cahill looks a damned good player to me, as indeed are Wilko and Tins

Why do you keep lying? Why?

Millwall were promoted for 2001/2 so Cahill was playing in the same division - so the last time Tins would have faced Cahill was (I've just looked it up) in March 2001 NOT March 2000 when Cahill was 23 NOT 20.

Yes that was Australia U23's but both Cahill and Wilkshire were playing and it was only weeks ago....

Regretably, we don't have anyone capable of playing in the Championship, never mind the Premiership. If the players were any good they wouldn't be still here.

Anybody in League One could play in the Championship and not look out of place at all....that second tier is a poor standard now,there is no gap between the middle tiers anymore....why do you think teams that go up to that division do so well and the teams that come down from that division do so bad? Why do you think the teams that go up to the Premiership come straight back down?

Tactical Genious? More like exaggerant ######....

Wilkshire started 24 games....and Smith played a season at right-back for Palace in the Premiership,there 38 games in a season in the Premiership,not 20....

Sorry, but you are talking out of the top of your hat.

How many World Cup winners played in the top flight during the 1980's? Ossie and Villa, Alan Ball and...I'm struggling now.

In the Premiership?

Viera

Henry

Barthez

Petit

Klinsmann

Edu

Gilberto

Diomede

Juninho

Lebouef

Desailly

Karembeu

Dugarry

Deschamps

Guivarch

(any more?)

The players you mention were indeed quality but there is now far more of it in the Prem. Have to agree with the Tactical Genius on this one too. Perry Groves or Thierry Henry?

So by your logic, Andy Gray and Andy Sinton are as good as Gary Lineker and David Platt because they all played in the same England team. I hate to spoil the illusion but it doesn't work like that..

Wilkshire looked better than him in each game,that's all I was saying....

Anybody in League One could play in the Championship and not look out of place at all....that second tier is a poor standard now,there is no gap between the middle tiers anymore....why do you think teams that go up to that division do so well and the teams that come down from that division do so bad? Why do you think the teams that go up to the Premiership come straight back down?

I don't think so, not even the 'godlike Murray' could hack it last season

Why do you keep lying? Why?

Millwall were promoted for 2001/2 so Cahill was playing in the same division - so the last time Tins would have faced Cahill was (I've just looked it up) in March 2001 NOT March 2000 when Cahill was 23 NOT 20.

Oh dear oh dear.

Millwall were promoted in 2000/01.

As a Reading fan, I'd have thought you'd remember who was promoted in 2001/02. Obviously not.

I don't think so, not even the 'godlike Murray' could hack it last season

Scott was not a happy man at Reading! You need your head tested....

Oh dear oh dear.

Millwall were promoted in 2000/01.

Thats exactly what I said you fool! Millwall were promoted FOR 2001/02 ie 2000/01....March 01 was the last time we played them,that's 2000/01 not 2001/02....

Archived