IGNORED

Does Our Pitch Slope ?

Private Cider(cider army)

In tonights EP Danny goes on to blame the first half performance on the fact that we were kicking up the slope (?) on a muddy pitch.

Now i do not believe for one minute that this is the reason we played badly in the first half, but did get me wondering whether we have got a slanting pitch at AG ?? because i have always sat in the ateyo or the eastend may be i have never noticed this. Would anyone (other than DW!) like to confirm whether we have a slope or not ?????

Interesting, even if we had a slope it would not be too blame for our poor first half performance. But i have never thought AG has a slope.

You say he said it slopes from the ateyo end upwards towards the East end :D

I know that from left to right (Dolman to Williams) it is arched shaped but never knew that it sloped from the ateyo up to the East end ;)

I sit in the Williams and have to say that I've never noticed an end to end slope on the pitch although there is a very slight slope to the middle of the pitch but apparently this is common place and is done to drain water off the pitch.

For once I do agree with something that DW has to say in that the pitch was in awful condition but I think we're clutching at straws top say that this is the reason why we played so awful in the 1st half.

The pitch on the Williams side did look bad even before the game started.

As our main threat these days appears to come on the right side, it was probably like playing up hill in the first half and could be an explanation as to why the second half was much better than the first.

This was on Soccer AM a few weeks back and they were saying about most of the pitchs having a camber which meant it sloped down from the middle to help with drainage and that some pitches have a steeper camber than others and some dont even have one (Southampton). But i think sloping from end to end is a poor excuse from DW.

Guest Ciderhead Reynolds

i was stewarding at AG on saturday so was at the ground early, when i arrived the picth was soaking but not in that much of a bad state, until they bought on what looked like a steam roller draining the pitch , ok it removed most of the water , but screwed up the pitch in the process, you should have seen the marks it was making and the amount of turf it was truning up :D

Archived