IGNORED

He,s Lost The Plot

blackthorn slice

Your post is rubbish Franklin. Don't get a season ticket next year. You have no idea how things work. Wilson took three years to assemble his squad with lots more £ than Tinnion has; and he still didn't get us promoted!

You think that we should sack our manager who is clearly 110% BCFC and is also clearly learning his trade at present? You are an idiot.

You were that impressed with Hull and Luton down the Gate were you? No one stands out in this league, the teams that have gone up in the last 2 years have gone up through their defences; ours is presently not good.

If Coles/Doherty have such a problem, then for the future of the club and to state that this club is bigger than any of its players; I hope we sell them and get in some players who want to be here and want to play for Tinnion.

Some of these posts are a disgrace!

Your post is rubbish Franklin. Don't get a season ticket next year. You have no idea how things work. Wilson took three years to assemble his squad with lots more £ than Tinnion has; and he still didn't get us promoted!

Just a bit touchy about other peoples opinions aren't you?

You think that we should sack our manager who is clearly 110% BCFC and is also clearly learning his trade at present? You are an idiot.

He can't be more than 100%  - I have been supporting the club for four times as long as Tins but do not consider myself able to manage the club - just as Tins shouldn't think so just because he has played for us

You were that impressed with Hull and Luton down the Gate were you? No one stands out in this league, the teams that have gone up in the last 2 years have gone up through their defences; ours is presently not good.

I am impressed with their points haul to date

If Coles/Doherty have such a problem, then for the future of the club and to state that this club is bigger than any of its players; I hope we sell them and get in some players who want to be here and want to play for Tinnion.

The club is also bigger than any manager or board member

Some of these posts are a disgrace!

because they hold an alternative view to you presumably

Bored of constant negative posts, demanding Tinnion out. That is my opinion and surely I can post it?

He could be more than 100%. EG - If he started here 100% and then moved up 10%, he could be 110%. In terms of profit you can make more than 100% can't you? :P

Thanks for backing my point about the points. Performance means zero if you can get the points!

You wouldn't want players being able to shove managers out if they had a disagreemnet or were doing things differently than before would you? The manager is bigger than the players. MOST clubs have managers in for the long term and give them the backing they deserve with regards to players/discipline

Some of these posts are a disgrace, not becuase they are different to mine; but because they are not thought through; or are particularly realistic.

Cheers :laugh:

There is some absolute garbage being spoken on this thread tonight. People calling for Tinnion's head are a disgrace. They should clear off to something else. No team has a divine right to promotion. Tinnion has been in charge for 25 matches and the team are there abouts. Cause it's frustrating but in my life time that term has been synonymous with BCFC. Today there were chants of 'You don't know what your doing' which were quite rightly silenced when BT brought himself and Lita on, City started passing the ball and we scrapped our way back with 2 goals. Instead of knocking BT why not praise him for an inspired substituion. Lay off tinnion, cricise him this time next year, yes Jan 2006 if City are still floundering, but not now.

you know what most people here should go wathc the gas play ,you all seem to hate yur own team ,get a grip and start doing as the rovers fans do and support city with a bit of passion and belive ..you think the players don't read this forum get a grip or ###### off!!

Why when I am watching some of the worst football in years, would I give up and go and watch something even worse?

I haven't slagged off individual players, in fact I have said in recent posts that the squad is as strong as I have ever seen it.

Recent results just tell me this league is poor and that this group of players given a direction, would be walking it by now.

My first game was in 1966 and I have watched us game in game out right through the downs as well as the ups. I have been accused on here in the past of being part of the "Happy Clappy" brigade but I have had enough. Now because you think I should be happy with inferior product and not have the right to moan for a change, maybe that should come to an end.

So how about it? My daughter stopped going to the Gate just before xmas after 7 years, so I have two season tickets here (1 adult 1 junior) C Block Atyeo stand. Who want's to PM me a reasonable offer for the 2nd half of the season.

There you go RBFCTillidie, happy now? I am going to ##### off and thats another £300 a year the club has lost.

You should be able to control your daughter and force her to go.

You'll be back and you know it, and if your not; who cares.

Only kidding

I can't take any more of this anger. Glad we didn't lose today and weren't within touching distance of a play off place; otherwise we'd have a revolution on our hands!

Let's all just hug

:laugh:

Same old nonsense I am afraid- Tinnion deserves better - we are 8th 3 points of 4th. We are where we deserve to be but there is plenty of time to make headway and automatic promotion is still not out of the question.

Tinnion should be given plenty of time. Play off defeats often see sides plummet the following season - this has not happened and we are still in with a shout.

I'm off until we are in the top six - maybe then the forum will resemble a more reasonable place.

Bored of constant negative posts, demanding Tinnion out. That is my opinion and surely I can post it?

He could be more than 100%. EG - If he started here 100% and then moved up 10%, he could be 110%. In terms of profit you can make more than 100% can't you? :P

Thanks for backing my point about the points. Performance means zero if you can get the points!

You wouldn't want players being able to shove managers out if they had a disagreemnet or were doing things differently than before would you? The manager is bigger than the players. MOST clubs have managers in for the long term and give them the backing they deserve with regards to players/discipline

Some of these posts are a disgrace, not becuase they are different to mine; but because they are not thought through; or are particularly realistic.

Cheers :laugh:

Thats better in my humble opinion - you have justified your points without resorting to slagging off other contributors - something I, of course, never do :P

You should be able to control your daughter and force her to go.

You'll be back and you know it, and if your not; who cares.

Only kidding

I can't take any more of this anger. Glad we didn't lose today and weren't within touching distance of a play off place; otherwise we'd have a revolution on our hands!

Let's all just hug

:grr:

I'm sorry Barney but the anger comes from being told what to think. Our position is reasonable for an average club, but it should and could be a lot better. I am not happy with it and this forum is supposed to be place where I can express that, instead of which I am told to #### off! :@

Same old nonsense I am afraid- Tinnion deserves better - we are 8th 3 points of 4th. We are where we deserve to be but there is plenty of time to make headway and automatic promotion is still not out of the question.

Tinnion should be given plenty of time. Play off defeats often see sides plummet the following season - this has not happened and we are still in with a shout.

I'm off until we are in the top six - maybe then the forum will resemble a more reasonable place.

I hope and pray we do not make the play offs! If we can't be automatically promoted, I am not interested. I refuse to have my hopes dashed by the damn play offs again. 3 points off fourth? wow! :laugh: :@ :dunno::(

WHY-o-WHY do people post rants DURING the match!?!?!?!?! Bristol City have rescued points a good few times this season yet people STILL insist on the Tinnion "Out" posts before the final whistle.

My statement stands regardless of the result as I have made clear. Now if you'll excuse me I am off to watch some football, Bend it Like Beckhams on. :laugh:

2-2. A great fight back.

Here's a site for people who want to sack the manager half way through a game:

http://vr.ncsa.uiuc.edu/BS/Muppets//muppets.html

And this is a site for people of all opinions.

Now we know your position in the Manager stance, but lets keep it a debate rather a view that anyone who dosn't have your view should be directed to another site.

Its like the thick Dwarf Mr L - It ain't big & it ain't clever.

Yes it was good to come back from 2-0 down, but lets not hide from another dire performance.

Unless you want to pass the 'rose tinted' specs around.

If Tinnion's shown anything during his time at the Club it's LOYALTY, PASSION and RESPECT FOR THE FANS. He deserves a little bit in return.

Some of you lot should be ashamed of yourselves. The guy has been given a near impossible task clearing up the mess that was left after Wilson's departure. And we weren't so great last year either - finishing a lucky third in a very poor standard division.

Tinnion has my full support and I would argue the vast majority of level-headed City fans support him too.

So anyone who has an alternative view is not level headed?

So DW got us to a play-off final (ok balls it up)

Tinnion inherited a quality squad, & has added to it. This season the division has less quality & we a holding on the coat tails of a play-off position.

I think your comments about a poor division last season are ok, but it is FAR worse this season.

He was brought into do better than DW & at present,I wouldn't say he was!

And I can't see how you can say we are?

But you are initled to say so.

And this is a site for people of all opinions.

Now we know your position in the Manager stance, but lets keep it a debate rather a view that anyone who dosn't have your view should be directed to another site.

Its like the thick Dwarf Mr L - It ain't big & it ain't clever.

Yes it was good to come back from 2-0 down, but lets not hide from another dire performance.

Unless you want to pass the 'rose tinted' specs around.

Seems to me like Dave's jibe was aimed purely at the people who wanted to sack the manager half way through a game based on radio commentary, rather than people who post reasoned debate...

WHY-o-WHY do people post rants DURING the match!?!?!?!?! Bristol City have rescued points a good few times this season yet people STILL insist on the Tinnion "Out" posts before the final whistle.

Interesting isn't it, that it takes someone from outside to speak a bit of common sense. Myself, I wouldn't have the brass neck to comment on how the team was playing if my only evidence was what I was hearing on the radio.

There's half the season to go and a team that have won 8 on the bounce are top of the league - everyone expects them to go up but, as we know to our cost, putting together a run doesn't give you a God-given right......

Season's turn on last minute equalisers. At the risk of sounding like a citizen of happy-clappy land, I think that's a point gained rather than two lost. Bring on Tranmere, please.

• Admin
Two wins against the bottom teams, a 0-0 draw against a side who haven't managed one all season and have a minus goal difference. And now a 2-2 draw against an out of form Huddersfield team with a desperate couple of subs.

great xmas. January looks a little tougher. :dunno:

......so what should Luton fans make of their side's 2-2 draw at relegation threatened Peterborough, a draw they only achieved thanks to a late equaliser themselves? Plus they only picked up 1.5 points per game over the Xmas period. Newell OUT!!! :laugh:

• Admin
I'm sorry Barney but the anger comes from being told what to think. Our position is reasonable for an average club, but it should and could be a lot better. I am not happy with it and this forum is supposed to be place where I can express that, instead of which I am told to #### off! :@

I hope and pray we do not make the play offs! If we can't be automatically promoted, I am not interested. I refuse to have my hopes dashed by the damn play offs again. 3 points off fourth? wow!  :dunno:  :@  :(  :grr:

Sounds to me like it would be difficult for you to have your hopes dashed by them anyway. You appear to be writing off our chances of going up already so why would you expect anything other than us to lose should we make the play-offs?

You could go to the games expecting us to lose and be pleasantly surprised if we didn't (to be followed by extremely scared by the prospect of Championship football if we did win them :city:)

Oh, if we do somehow overcome the massive 2 point chasm that stands between us and the play-off places over the next 20 odd games, you'd do well to avoid reminding yourself of the results we got against sides like Brentford, Tranmere & Hull at Ashton Gate as it may hamper the plan outlined above :laugh:

• Admin
So anyone who has an alternative view is not level headed?

So DW got us to a play-off final (ok balls it up)

Tinnion inherited a quality squad, & has added to it. This season the division has less quality & we a holding on the coat tails of a play-off position.

I think your comments about a poor division last season are ok, but it is FAR worse this season.

He was brought into do better than DW & at present,I wouldn't say he was!

And I can't see how you can say we are?

But you are initled to say so.

If I remember correctly richie (don't worry I'm not gonna go searching through your posts, I'll accept it if you say it wasn't you) didn't you put forward a theory last season that our players maybe didn't want to go up as they might have felt that they weren't good enough and would be replaced?

If this theory was correct, then it would cast aspersion on the description of Tinnion inheriting a "quality squad" :laugh:

I think my signiture says it all. Lita just scored though , so we've got a chance.

Your signiture (sic) actually says it all about you. It's a disgrace. How can you be so disrespectful towards somebody who has put so much into this club?

• Admin
Your signiture (sic) actually says it all about you. It's a disgrace. How can you be so disrespectful towards somebody who has put so much into this club?

To be fair, what do you expect from someone who has admitted on this very thread to "making up stuff" to discredit our current manager?

I'd expect that sort of thing from opposition fans but surely not from our own?

:laugh:

......so what should Luton fans make of their side's 2-2 draw at relegation threatened Peterborough, a draw they only achieved thanks to a late equaliser themselves? Plus they only picked up 1.5 points per game over the Xmas period. Newell OUT!!!  :laugh:

Top man Madger :P we`ve had our run ins but great replies from a proper fan

:dunno::(:grr::city:

......so what should Luton fans make of their side's 2-2 draw at relegation threatened Peterborough, a draw they only achieved thanks to a late equaliser themselves? Plus they only picked up 1.5 points per game over the Xmas period. Newell OUT!!!  :laugh:

No because they would be taking those results in isolation, ignoring the fact that they have been (from what I've seen) playing good attacking football and have a structure and plan to what they are doing.

As I said back at the beginning of this thread, thats what I feel is missing.

Currently my opinion that if we progress any further it will be because the quality of the squad transcends the tactics.

Also, and I want to make this quite clear; I want Tinns to succeed, the problem is that he was put into a position where he is trying to learn his trade and is under presssure to get promotion at the same time. He was the wrong appointment in the circumstances we were in.

Guest DrFaustus
:laugh: Behave; here we go, here we go, here we go. IT AINT OVER :(

1 Hull 26 20 56

2 Luton 26 20 54

3 Tranmere 26 9 49

4 Sheff Wed 26 15 43

5 Hartlepool 26 8 43

6 Bournemouth 25 11 42

7 Bradford 26 1 41

8 Bristol City 26 12 40

Hmm. 1 point off the play offs. Sacking Tinnion is the obvious answer :dunno: Glos Boy is right, you lot are fickle buggers.

1 Hull 26 20 56

2 Luton 26 20 54

3 Tranmere 26 9 49

4 Sheff Wed 26 15 43

5 Hartlepool 26 8 43

6 Bournemouth 25 11 42

7 Bradford 26 1 41

8 Bristol City 26 12 40

Hmm. 1 point off the play offs. Sacking Tinnion is the obvious answer  :(  Glos Boy is right, you lot are fickle buggers.

Morning Doc, Happy New Year! Correct me if I am wrong but fickle refers to people who change their opinion regularly, I have always been of the opinion that Tinns at the very least should have experienced support.

Yes we are one point off the play offs, there are teams in that list that have minus goal differences which should give you an idea of the standard outside the top two.

You (I'm pretty sure) wont have been at the Gate in the last few games to witness the football we have been subjected to, It has been, apart from moments of quality from Heff or Wilkshire the poorest I have seen in years. Successful or not we have almost always been a side that tried to play football.

I also keep looking at Sheff Wed and thinking how a lot of people had written them off before they got Sturrock in.

Now this is my last moan. :laugh:

Edit: Apologies Hartlepool and Bradford have sneaked into plus goal differences when I was looking the other way. :dunno:

1 Hull 26 20 56

2 Luton 26 20 54

3 Tranmere 26 9 49

4 Sheff Wed 26 15 43

5 Hartlepool 26 8 43

6 Bournemouth 25 11 42

7 Bradford 26 1 41

8 Bristol City 26 12 40

Hmm. 1 point off the play offs. Sacking Tinnion is the obvious answer  :laugh:  Glos Boy is right, you lot are fickle buggers.

2 points off in League 1.

... but then you are used to the league 2 regulations!

Guest DrFaustus
2 points off in League 1.

... but then you are used to the league 2 regulations!

Fair play Graham :laugh:

Hornbeam - happy new year mucker. The 'fickle' comment wasn't aime at your good self, but City fans in general. (All football fans have a tendency to fickleness, if their is such a word. There is now.) Of course, I've not seen your games this year, but friends have said the very same as you. Surely then, if the team does start playing as it can, your play off spot will be sealed?

Fair play Graham :grr:

Hornbeam - happy new year mucker. The 'fickle' comment wasn't aime at your good self, but City fans in general. (All football fans have a tendency to fickleness, if their is such a word. There is now.) Of course, I've not seen your games this year, but friends have said the very same as you. Surely then, if the team does start playing as it can, your play off spot will be sealed?

Correct; if we are where we are and playing so **** (not very good)soon as we string a few passes together, well top of the league :laugh:

What the eck will it be like if we were bottom 6 :( mass suicides :dunno:

Archived