IGNORED

Hartlepool Game

Super Scotty Murray

Just like to point out that City are unbeaten in 6 games and have had 4 clean sheets in the last five games. If we can just start getting better service from the midfield we know that Lita, Brooker and Heff can put the chances away. If we come away with something against Hartlepool and beat Chesterfield we can go into the Hull game with confidence and try and close the gap to the top three.

Tins just needs to get the balance right, at the start we were too attacking, now we are concentrating more on defence- it isn't necessarily the players (although it is in part e.g. our best player starting about 5 games this season and Coles turning into a bit of a nutter!), it is more the style we are playing. Evident from the fact we have the strongest squad in the league but are struggling to even be in the playoffs at the moment.

I'm actually quite confident that we will get something out of the Hartlepool game. I was there last season when we won in a similar position (near the start of our 11 game unbeaten run) and we could do it again.

How are other people feeling about this game? Optimistic for a win, happy with a point or really worried bout a loss tomorrow and consequently vs Hull?

It has to be said, I'll be VERY suprised if fans settle for a draw tomorrow (regardless to the team and the fact its away), my basis for that thought?

F-T.

Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Port Vale

Yep..... we are not going to get up or much else if we loose or draw are we?

Rich.... you are wasted on Swindon..... come over, you fit in with the Bristol City FC....... just think how the girlfriend would feel having brought you to your senses?

;)

Sgt. Bristol City Fc ..... is going to get you?

Yep..... we are not going to get up or much else if we loose or draw are we?

Rich.... you are wasted on Swindon..... come over, you fit in with the Bristol City FC....... just think how the girlfriend would feel having brought you to your senses?

:D

Sgt. Bristol City Fc ..... is going to get you?

Who wish! I am quite happy being the resident STFC fan thank you very much!

;)

Its essential now that City remain within reach of the play-offs and that means within 3 or 4 points from 6th position going into April.We all know that automatic is out of reach and so in some ways the pressure is off City upto a point.

By that I mean that City don't have to worry one of two places anymore but one of four places and one of those four places is well within reach.

So... a draw tomorrow would be a good result and obviously a win would be a fantstic result but even a defeat would not be the end of the season as we know it.

Forget about "balance" - its all about committment,desire and lady luck and if City can achieve two from those three then they have a chance of coming back to Bristol with all the points.

If I was to attempt tp back up my point, if I may.

Tranmere Vs. Walsall

Hartlepool Vs. Bristol City

Huddersfield Vs. Bournemouth

Brentford Vs. Swindon

Doncaster Vs. Hull

Bradford Vs. Torquay

If the results end in the favour of Tranny, Bournemouth, Brentford or Swindon(!!), Doncaster and Bradford and you fail to win that meens, Hartlepool and Bournemouth break free with a game in hand and the rest catch up... Swindon are also going to a team who have an impressive home record... I'm realistic but I know a draw or loss wouldn't do right now.

(as we know) I'm not a City fan, but some of your fans always say stuff like "why are we in this hellhole division " etc then draws against Hartlepool will surely not do?

????

Guest BlackthornRed

In Answer to the question, I think a draw today would be a great result, Hartlepool are very good underrated side. Look at the playoffs last season, thank god for R*berts(There is a first for everything) ;)

In Answer to the question, I think a draw today would be a great result, Hartlepool are very good underrated side. Look at the playoffs last season, thank god for R*berts(There is a first for everything) ;)

In fairness, I am fully aware of Hartlepool ... But a draw could see you fall down the table and leave teams above you a game to the good. That's all.

Guest BlackthornRed

Thats very true, however in a tight division for the playoffs and the fact we have lost a few players, i think that hartlepool are going to right up there. Mind you so are you lot I reckon, also just a quick question for you Rich, Why do you reckon that no-one (such as Wigan or some such club) has come in for Sam Parkin, I mean they are falling over each other for Akinbiyi.

Thats very true, however in a tight division for the playoffs and the fact we have lost a few players, i think that hartlepool are going to right up there. Mind you so are you lot I reckon.

A fair point! Like every other club in the division "our next 5 games are vital!" ... I still think we can sneak in there, maybe!

also just a quick question for you Rich, Why do you reckon that no-one (such as Wigan or some such club) has come in for Sam Parkin, I mean they are falling over each other for Akinbiyi.

That's a good question... I'd like to say it's because Parkin is happy at Swindon and it could well be. Chris Coleman was at the County Ground last Saturday and rumours of him watching Parkin became intense but it's thought he was looking at Rhys Evans and the Blackpool cover for a 2nd choice to van der Sar.

The crucial factor is all the clubs who have made their interest vocal have included Sunderland, Hull City & Cardiff... He is a London based player, (supporter of QPR) and not interested in leaving the capital me thinks! I think it's a matter of how we do this season and who comes in for him in the summer... OR if we've totally balls'd it up... The last deadline day.

He's been bloody brilliant for us... And unlike other strikers who have done well for Swindon, he's expressed a desire to stay and actually kept to his word! Most are suprised we've still got him!

Archived