IGNORED

Bristol City

Rich-TWSC-

CHEESE.

And he's still there now in the background.

A Bristolian through and through.

Partial to a bit of Natch as well I hear!

The man gave up an England cap to play an important game for City.

If the vote ever comes - vote Cheese - a living legend!

My pick as well, but with most fans he would probably just miss out because he only played for a relatively short time. I met him when he was at Soundwell FC dinner in 1978. As a City fan it was sad to see him because, although he was still hopeful of recovery, I think he and everyone else really knew that it was all over.

We will never know how good he could have become and that makes him a cult figure and a legend.

I'm 40 years old this year and Gerry Gow has been mentioned so many times in this thread that Gerry Gow has to be BCFC's greatest ever cult hero in my lifetime. Thank fc+k I'm almost 40 and can remember Gerry Gow playing/fighting for Bristol City FC :P

And now for an olde rendition in honour of the great man:

He's here, he's there

He's every fc+king where

GERRY GOW !!! GERRY GOW !!!

Repeat chorus :o

My pick as well, but with most fans he would probably just miss out because he only played for a relatively short time. I met him when he was at Soundwell FC dinner in 1978. As a City fan it was sad to see him because, although he was still hopeful of recovery, I think he and everyone else really knew that it was all over.

We will never know how good he could have become and that makes him a cult figure and a legend.

...and if you speak to him now (he owns a pub - Star in Tickenham), he is still Bristol City through and through.

Having watched him, he was without doubt, the best talent that I have ever seen pull on the red shirt (watching from 1974-present). I know it wasn't Shilton's fault - but ohh what could have been if the Cheese had continued that year!

And who can forget that goal at Highbury?

Guest TinmansCulturedLeftPeg

I think Tony Fitzpatrick would be St Mirren's cult hero! He captained them as a teenager when they won the Scottish First Division in the mid 70's and managed them in the early 90's if I remember....he didn't really live upto the hype when he came down here though....

Gerry Gow and Brian Tinnion are the most obvious candidates,Tinnion probably being the most obvious?

Gerry Gow for all the reasons above and more. How I wish Tommy D had half his ability, a quarter of his attitude and an eigth of his desire. He would be an OK player then. You look at Gerry Gow and compare those good days with the City players of today: no real characters and no real competitors. Flog TD now.

Gerry Gow for all the reasons above and more. How I wish Tommy D had half his ability, a quarter of his attitude and an eigth of his desire. He would be an OK player then. You look at Gerry Gow and compare those good days with the City players of today: no real characters and no real competitors. Flog TD now.

too right, cant imagine Gerry standing for some of the "performances" which are turned in week in week out............. :laugh:

Archived