IGNORED

Cheer Up Brizzle City

Rich-TWSC-

The Hartlepool game on Tue 28th December.

It was 0-0 but at one point we had the ball cleared off their line, gee whiz did that warm up a cold December day.

Not sure ive been encapsulated by the feel good factor of this post quite yet! :angry:

:laugh: 1) Wilkshires Goal earlier this season vs Tranmere(Sheer Quality!)

2)Reception Mark Goodfellow got when he came on against Bradford(Goosebumps on neck!)

3) Scott Murrays solo goal 2 seasons ago vs Oldham

4) Leroy Litas equaliser against Brentford in the FA cup

5) Good old Steven Gillespie scoring against the Gas yesterday(Does this count???) :angry:

2nd September 1990. First away match of the season, newly promoted to the old division one. It was the opposition's first home match after an eventful summer for them. A 1-0 victory for the away side, courtesy of Junior Bent. The merciless gloating at the opposition's misfortune and the anger in the faces and gestures of the home supporters as they left to the chanting of 'staying down'. Marvellous. A halycon day. Thanks, Rich, you've cheered me up!

In no particular order...

Wembley, when we won the Freight rover LDV Mickey mouse Trophey thingy.

Mill Stad, for the same reason as above.

Liverpool, away when we knocked them out of the cup and cost souness his job.What a night!!!

All derbies v Gas,home and away, win loose or draw always memorable.

Everton , cup game at the gate earlier this season. We lost but it never felt like we did!

If I'm allowed a 6th choice, Hartlepool home playoff last season, I could speak for days I strained my voice so much. Made my family happy too! :angry:

Yes, I was there for all of them.

Thanks, Rich, you've cheered me up!

One of the first games I went to. Sad times, even at my young age you could see the all round depression on our fans. Still. Brian Hillier and his cronies deserved everything they got... The fans didn't. What a cruddy season that was... It got better though when we beat Oxford at the Manor a few games later (then season turned rubbish again) But Hoddle took over and all was good for a couple of season!

Glad I've helped! But I was at the reverse fixture that season too :laugh:

My first visit to Ashton Gate! I wonder if you remember THAT scoreline Milo? :angry:

Alas this thread isn't about my team!

Nice to read a different one though! :laugh:

1) Has to be Anfield, what a night and what an all dayer!

2) Chelsea 89/90 season F.A. cup. Robbie Turners best ever game for us.

3) Derby(A) 4-3, Not in a million years could i see us getting anything at 2-0 down. Good old Andy Comyn, couldnt of been on the pitch a minute :angry:

4) Hartlepool(H) Last seasons play off 2nd leg. Not the best performance but what a finish!

5) Stoke(Wembley) After missing both wembley games in the 80's this was my first time watching city at wembley. Shame about the result but a great memory.

Our Mascot beating up the Wolves mascot - cup game circa 97 I think

The ball boy being sent off for arguing with the linesman over a dodgy offside

- cant remember the game, home in the league early 90s

Joe Royle scoring the winner against Liverpool in front of the old open end 77/78 season

Christian Roberts last minute winner against H'pool last season play off semi

Crowd chanting "Dicks out" calling for Alan Dicks to resign 78/79 - even he thought it was funny !

:angry::laugh:

1)Seeing the great City TEAM win promotion to the top league, on the pitch after A.Dicks and players in the stand.

2)Beating Super Leeds at Leeds Donnie Gillies goal.

3)Beating Liverpool Tins goal.

4)Seeing great City players like Galley,Garland,Gow,Merrick etc,

5)First visit to Mill L.D.V and winning

and standing in the East End :angry: with thousands of swaying City fans hundreds of times.

Freight Rover Area Final at AG, vs Hereford in 1986. 2-0 down after the first leg, it was well into the second half before we pulled one back (Glyn Riley), then a mel Pejik own goal, sent the match into extra time. Only minutes left, and Steve Neville sent us all home happy!

1) Last seasons second leg play off win over Hartlepool. Shocking performance, great last 10 mins.

2) Seeing City at Wembley against Stoke in the Auto Windscreen final. Great to see city at Wembley, despite the result.

3) Beating Walsall 4 - 0 at the last home game of our 89/90 promotion season. I was only 9, but remember us scoring early, and celebrating on the pitch after the game.

4) Winning promotion in 97/98. It seems sooo easy looking back.

2nd September 1990. First away match of the season, newly promoted to the old division one. It was the opposition's first home match after an eventful summer for them. A 1-0 victory for the away side, courtesy of Junior Bent. The merciless gloating at the opposition's misfortune and the anger in the faces and gestures of the home supporters as they left to the chanting of 'staying down'. Marvellous. A halycon day. Thanks, Rich, you've cheered me up!

That was not really the old division one...... was it?

The Old Division One was in the 1970's

Sorry to be picky...... I trust the moment will not be spoilt by me mentioning that?

Not sure of the order, but:

Winning at Wembley v Bolton in 1986 (better than losing to Stoke, trust me)

Taking the lead against Forest at their place in the first leg of the Littlewoods Cup Semi final - sadly, we all know how that ended, but it was fun while it lasted.

FA Cup away at Leicester - Jaki and Junior take apart higher division opponents.

That play off game against Hartlepool - you don't know you're up until you've been down (again, we ended up down in the end, but ...)

That first Red and White night v Rovers, again, it's the being down that made slaughtering them in the end all the more fun!

And I was there for them all!!

1) Cheltenham.

2) 4-0 (I think) win against Walsall in the season Jordan took us up, Mark Gavin had a stormer and there were two or three pitch invasions because someone shouted that the Gas were losing which would make us champions (liars).

3) Donawa's goal against the Gas one Wednesday night in what seemed to me like our first derby win in forever.

4) Paul Mardon shocking Forest.

5) Murray vs Cardiff (on TV unfortunately).

Nibor

In no particular order :-

) Arsenal 0 CITY 1 First match in the old First Division

) CITY 3 Chelsea 1 FA Cup 3rd Round watched with Wife who is a Chelsea fan

) gas 0 CITY 5 Gloucester Cup at Eastville

) CITY 2 Hartlepool 1 You know when

) Leeds 0 CITY 1 FA Cup Replay , Leeds were doing an Arsenal and had been

unbeaten for ages , we did them

That was not really the old division one...... was it?

The Old Division One was in the 1970's

Sorry to be picky...... I trust the moment will not be spoilt by me mentioning that?

Damn and blast those pesky, meddling Marketing Executives! The history of football has now become a muddle to me. I thought I'd mastered it by referring to 'the old division ...' but I can't even get that right. It was in the second national tier.

The moment was not spoilt - Rich had already taken the bait so I'm fine. Rich, I'm not sure when you first visited AG but the game that still rankles for me was the last game of the 86/87 season with you safely in the play-offs and us needing to win to join you. 1-1 with minutes to spare, the ball enters the Swindon dugout and Macari refuses to give us the ball back. Nearly twenty years on, I still hate Macari with a passion - I blamed him more than Owen for his missed penalty. Perhaps this was why I took such pleasure at your misery in 1990!

I was there , it wasn't Sunderland it was Leyton Orient

Thats how I remember it too. 1-3 at halftime and my dad saying, "if we play the way we are we'll win this". Galley hattrick (of course!).

in no particular order.

Mardons goal at Forest.

Mabbutts goal at Forest, before that. Spoilt only by going down to an own goal and a fluke in the last 5 :cool:!

Going to a then high flying Bradford in the league cup. The City fans were the noisiest I can remember before the kick off then we scored in the 1st minute, and it seemed we only stopped cheering to shout donkey noises at Ian Ormondroyd :laugh:. The Bradford supporters gave Joe Jordan a standing ovation when he was subbed with 2 minutes to go. Even coming home to find we had been burgled didn't put a complete downer on it.

2-1 down to Blackburn first game back in the 1st division, coming back to win 4-2.

Many more as well. Thats why we still turn up, isn't it? :angry::laugh:

Archived