IGNORED

Cheer Up Brizzle City

Rich-TWSC-

1. beating Chelski, in the FA Cup, and watching Chelski mates faces afterwards!

2. Giving Fulham a one goal start then tanking em!!God how long ago is that now?

3. Robbos goal gainst QPRse last season.

3. Robbo & Leeeeroys goal in the dying minutes of the play off.

4. Mickey Mouse final beating Bolton (!!!) er shurely shome mishtake here!!

5 Warsaw the season we went up, and the anticipation of going on the pitch, while that bloody ref kept the suspense going!!/Arsenal 0-1 City- sorry a split moment there-cant decide! :angry:

Probably

1) Beating Liverpool at Anfield - day off school and a very sore throat - who remembers Leroy (i think) conducting the faithful in 'Drink Up Thy Zider' after the game then being asked to leave eventually by the PA guy!!!!

2) Scotty at Cardiff - to get battered for 45 minutes (fans and team) go one down then get 3 in 5 minutes complete with Scottys Ayatollah to got top of the league was magnificant - bragging rights in work secured!!

3) Auto Windscreens v Stoke - to see a full Wembley for our game was tops. More people went to that game than Eng v Brazil that year!!! Shame about the ref and result though.

4) A 4-0 win at home to Reading i think in Wilsons first year always sticks in the mind as well - I think they were top of the league at that point - and they came down here and got a spanking with us 3 up inside half an hour.

5) The home game with Walsall in 90 when we got promotion. No need to explain the sun was shining and the gate was packed. I also fell off the top of the old dugout during the celebrations!!! What a day!!!!

Lots more than that but these just sprang to mind.

Guest Pigbagman

2. Giving Fulham a one goal start then tanking em!!God how long ago is that now?

5 Warsaw the season we went up, and the anticipation of going on the pitch, while that bloody ref kept the suspense going!!/Arsenal 0-1 City- sorry a split moment there-cant decide! :angry:

The Fulham game was in the 1990 promotion season (Easter Monday?). Robbo and Leroy in the play-off? What play-off was that then?

The moment was not spoilt - Rich had already taken the bait so I'm fine. Rich, I'm not sure when you first visited AG but the game that still rankles for me was the last game of the 86/87 season with you safely in the play-offs and us needing to win to join you. 1-1 with minutes to spare, the ball enters the Swindon dugout and Macari refuses to give us the ball back. Nearly twenty years on, I still hate Macari with a passion - I blamed him more than Owen for his missed penalty. Perhaps this was why I took such pleasure at your misery in 1990!

Well no, Milo. You took pleasure out of it because it turned out the Swindon board were corrupt so-in-so's and it denied Swindon a taste of top flight football! Ossie would have stayed, who knows what would have happened... Our 89/90 team was somewhat different to Gorman's 93/94 squad. I digress, any rival would have taken pleasure in Swindon's plight! :angry:

If it were Oxford, I'd be exactly the same!

That Fulham game was the promotion season - i was sat behind either Shelton or Reniies wife and kids that day - one of them scored and the kids were really made up 'Daddy Scored' - cracking day.

Smudger ran them ragged as i remember that day!!

No one cares about "History", apart from you and Liverpool.

Really? So why do the sags constantly refer to us as "82" then? That's 23 years ago. It's ancient history now.

And I think you'll find that *many* clubs are actually very proud of their history. That's because most clubs have got something to be proud of. Being a saghead you obviously don't know what it's like to feel proud of your club.

Really? So why do the sags constantly refer to us as "82" then? That's 23 years ago. It's ancient history now.

And I think you'll find that *many* clubs are actually very proud of their history. That's because most clubs have got something to be proud of. Being a saghead you obviously don't know what it's like to feel proud of your club.

Back of the Net - Well played that man

Guest WillGas

Rovers don't care about their history because they have nothing to shout about. (apart from 1990, finishing top.)

I am proud of Rovers.

Rovers don't care about their history because they have nothing to shout about. (apart from 1990, finishing top.)

I am proud of Rovers.

But you are proud? What a tiny life you lead.

Top memories are:

1) Play Off Final (the whole day out starting at 9am)

Train from Frome to Cardiff was excellent with probably the fittest of City fans in our cariage :angry: , whilst in Cardiff singing songs in the pub was great, even after the game with the Brighton fans not sining, being quiet as you like for some strange reason!

2) Play off Semi vs Hartlepool

In the East End, shirt had come off, running onto the pitch, met up with my mates in the ateo - excellent atmosphere.

3) Reading vs City ages ago

First away game for City. Went with my ole man, great atmosphere in the buses back to the train station. Won 3-1 with Peackock and Mathews getting the two second half goals after Thorpe had got an equaliser in the first half.

4) City LDV Final, Cardiff

Just a great day out. In the Prince of Wales with all of my mates. About 10 there who I knew and was a .little un-sobre to say the least! Great day out

5) City 1-1 Liverpool AG

Went with my Dad, although I don't remember much of it as I was only young, seeing at the time my heroes (Liverpool players) playing my lcal team was excellent.

I am proud of Rovers.

But you are proud? What a tiny life you lead.

Top memories are:

1) Play Off Final (the whole day out starting at 9am)

Train from Frome to Cardiff was excellent with probably the fittest of City fans in our cariage :angry: , whilst in Cardiff singing songs in the pub was great, even after the game with the Brighton fans not sining, being quiet as you like for some strange reason!

2) Play off Semi vs Hartlepool

In the East End, shirt had come off, running onto the pitch, met up with my mates in the ateo - excellent atmosphere.

3) Reading vs City ages ago

First away game for City. Went with my ole man, great atmosphere in the buses back to the train station. Won 3-1 with Peackock and Mathews getting the two second half goals after Thorpe had got an equaliser in the first half.

4) City LDV Final, Cardiff

Just a great day out. In the Prince of Wales with all of my mates. About 10 there who I knew and was a .little un-sobre to say the least! Great day out

5) City 3-2 Gas

Was it the auto windsreens? Brilliant game with Beadle playing out of his skin!

Banter and a good barney never hurts any thread Rich!.

When will I learn that sarcasm doesn't work on forums unless you make a point of it!?!?!?!

:angry:

In contrast here are My top 5 Swindon Moments!!!! Not that y'all care!

01. Swindon Town 4-3 Leicester City (1993 Play-Off Final)

02. Swindon Town 2-2 Manchester United (Prem: Cantona sent-off)

03. Birmingham City 4-6 Swindon Town (Swindon were 4-1 down!)

04. Oxford United 0-2 Swindon Town (Good win in a rubbish season)

05. Swindon Town 2-3 Blackburn Rovers (League Cup when Blackburn had won the prem the season before and we were in Div 2... They fielded there best team and was an awesome match!)

:laugh:

Top 5 City moments

1. beating liverpool 1-0 at anfield

2. seeing city at wembley even thou we lost to stoke :@

3. getting promoted (but unfortunatly going straight back down)

4. watching city beat stockport away on a cold feb night and beating them 4-0 to get into the next round of the FA cup

5. Going to Cardiff and seeing us win something :laugh:

and something that always makes me smile watching my sister getting told off by a stweard for having her legs over the railings in the east end :angry:

1. First Wembley trip to see City v Mansfield.

2. Beating the Gas 3-2 on December 21st a few years back (what a xmas prezzie).

3. All Mil Stad visits (I know but all of them made me proud on the day).

4. Liverpool 0 - 1 Bristol City.

5. Beating Hartlepool last season in the play offs (I celebrated so much I couldn't breath !) :angry:

MM

In a bid to balance the negative threads with a positive here....

What are the....

TOP 5 BCFC MOMENTS YOU (personally) HAVE WITNESSED

One Rule:You had to have been there!

GO.

1. Russell Osman getting sacked.

2. Sitting on the Ringside bench seat for my first game v Hull City at Ashton Gate 1969.

3. Leeds 0 CITY 1 FA Cup Replay in the 70's.

4. Doing double over Man Ure in 1974/75.

5. Winning at Wembley v Bolton in 1986.

Another couple are the departures of Benny and Tony Pulis and to finish one thing I look forward to is the day Tinnion gets sacked.

I know for sure though, I won't be there.

one thing I look forward to is the day Tinnion gets sacked.

I know for sure though, I won't be there.

OOOOooOOOoO come on this was a friendly good old Reminiscing thread lets not bring it down ehy :angry:

Archived