IGNORED

Cheer Up Brizzle City

Rich-TWSC-

Guest east_dundry_red
Maybe........

Wonder if he remembers the 4-2 hammering we gave them at trumpton? I'm 20 and i can remember that.

You should be old enouth to remember Phillips saving a pen in the last min at your dump to send you down as well.

1. Clive Whitehead's goal against Portsmouth that secured promotion to the top flight

2. Chris Garland's header in the 2-1 victory against Liverpool that helped keep us in the top flight

3. The 2-2 draw with Coventry in the last game in the same season

4. Gerry Gow's goal from the half way line at Anfield the season after

5. Wembley finals in the Mickey Mouse cup

6. The first game that I took my Son to 1-1 draw against Stockport with Goater scoring

7. Millennium Stadium last season before 3:00pm

8. Leroy Lita's overhead scissor kick goal this season

and..

9. ... Promotion this season.....

No 1 Coventry Away - 2-2 sums us up really - saved from relegation. Best atmosphere ever with City in every part of the ground (I was with the few hundred late arrivals in their open end so we played our part in the 'result' too)

No 2 Notts Forest Away - 1-1 cup semi final - Cloughie and the Marsden goal fantastic support.

No 3 Bolton at Wembley - 3-0 great day with a result.

No 4 Any trip to East Vile - most memorable when they were above us and we beat them 2-1 in the cup.

No 5 Arsenal Away - 1-0 .. made it.... I can die happy.

Wonder if he remembers the 4-2 hammering we gave them at trumpton? I'm 20 and i can remember that.

You should be old enouth to remember Phillips saving a pen in the last min at your dump to send you down as well.

Phillips did, indeed, save a penalty that put Rovers in a mess BUT...

...Credit where it's due, it was officially Danny Invincible's last minute goal for Swindon against Peterborough that officially condemed Rovers to relegation.

Thank you Phillips & Bristol City for the help though!

5. Wembley finals in the Mickey Mouse cup

Until yesterday I couldn't give a damn about the M-i-c-k-e-y-M-o-u-s-e, Mickey Mouse (Mickey Mouse!) cup! But now it's just as important to us Swindon fans as the Champions League is to Arsenal, Man Utd & Chelsea... We doth need thy extra money so freakin' much!

Archived