IGNORED

Lee Miller

whitey_03

Bare in mind he is playing for League 2 at best side in hearts in a league of which only 2 sides actually play anything resembling football, i find this a strange post.

You try to defend miller but in actual fact you inadvertently ridicule him by saying a conference/league 2 side want to keep him when he is sadly not ggod enough for us FACT. I don't dislike him he works hard wins the odd header but he is built like a small kitten and this league that wont cut it, which would lead me to going on about goodfellow(our lord) but ts late and i am tired.

Bare in mind he is playing for League 2 at best side in hearts in a league of which only 2 sides actually play anything resembling football, i find this a strange post.

You try to defend miller but in actual fact you inadvertently ridicule him by saying a conference/league 2 side want to keep him when he is sadly not ggod enough for us FACT.

League 2 side??? Conference???

You must be really tired and have no idea what you are typing???

I am sick of this poo, the English mind set about Scottish teams!!! I wouldnt see me defending him as inadvertently ridiculing him, Hearts are a better team than City, FACT. I see Hearts beating Aberdeen at the weekend, another team that would beat City, while City are losing to that super power Chesterfield??? :whistle:

The sooner Lees situation is sorted the better I feel, doesnt matter what he does some people are not happy.

League 2 side??? Conference???

You must be really tired and have no idea what you are typing???

I am sick of this poo, the English mind set about Scottish teams!!! I wouldnt see me defending him as inadvertently ridiculing him, Hearts are a better team than City, FACT. I see Hearts beating Aberdeen at the weekend, another team that would beat City, while City are losing to that super power Chesterfield??? :whistle:

The sooner Lees situation is sorted the better I feel, doesnt matter what he does some people are not happy.

Agree with you there. The problem is will Lee want to come back to us now he has done well in the scttish Premiership.

You try to defend miller but in actual fact you inadvertently ridicule him by saying a conference/league 2 side want to keep him when he is sadly not ggod enough for us FACT. I don't dislike him he works hard wins the odd header but he is built like a small kitten and this league that wont cut it, which would lead me to going on about goodfellow(our lord) but ts late and i am tired.

He plays for a scottish premier league outfit and you equate that to a league2/conference side? You need your head read!

It's a sad fact that, in the english game, you don't get a look in unless you're a barrel-chested, hairy-arsed thug. I think that view represents every that is wrong with the english game.

We should be nurturing players that can make the ball sing instead of kicking them out in favour of the darren purse's and other vinnie jones wannabees of professional football.

Lee Miller has more talent that most our entire squad...period.

I think that view represents every that is wrong with the english game.

The Scottish game is an a far worse state - I would say Hearts are around the same level as City, but obviously we are not all going to agree. I think, as with Goodfellow, this spell has shown what he can do, I really hope Tuns sees sense and put him in when he returns, he truly is class.

Whitey? When do Hearts go to Parkhead or Ibrox?

It will be very interesting to gauge opinion if he scores in any of those fixtures?

Rangers visit Tynecastle on the 2nd of March, and Hearts visit Celtic Park on the 2nd of April.

If he scores against either of these two, and people still belittle his achievements I give up, but these are the big tests.

Hopefully Hearts will win on Tuesday night against Motherwell in the CIS cup, coupled with a Rangers win on Wednesday, to set up a Hearts Rangers final.

Of course I would love to see him score against the big two, but aslong as its in a 2-1 defeat against Rangers, and a 2-1 victory over Celtic :whistle:

If Scottish footballs that good, why can't he make it here, but can up there.

Don't give me 'bad service' because Leroy and Brooker have done well enough, along with Peacock scoring an average 16 (double Miller's total).

It's a bit of a mystery to me why he hasn't done that well here as well because he has shown flashes of real talent. I don't think the fact that he did well back in Scotland means that Scottish football is pants though, there could be a whole lot of reasons.

I'd like to see him play up front for a few games with someone other than Peacock (who no other striker played well alongside).

Nibor

I fail to see how people can say that the Scottish Prem is on Par with our League 1 (in theory Division 3).

If he can cut it in the Scottish Prem and not in the English Third, what does that tell you about this club and or league!?

Fact: Some peoples heads are so far up their own arses that no matter what happens they will not take notice. Whitey, you may as well give up mate, because like many City players before him, if certain supporters don't take to a player then their opinion of them are not going to change.

Miller has never been given a fair crack IMO. He spent was dropped to the bench towards the end of last season for Roberts (quite rightly so as he was scoring goals), however should have been playing ahead of that donkey Peacock who had by then well and truely set up shop in the comfort zone.

Miller then starts preseason quite well, scores a few goals, and what happens - dropped again.

He has shown that given an extended run in the side he can score, and create chances for others. So he doesn't score every single game - but who does?

I fail to see how people can say that the Scottish Prem is on Par with our League 1 (in theory Division 3).

If he can cut it in the Scottish Prem and not in the English Third, what does that tell you about this club and or league!?

Fact: Some peoples heads are so far up their own arses that no matter what happens they will not take notice. Whitey, you may as well give up mate, because like many City players before him, if certain supporters don't take to a player then their opinion of them are not going to change.

Miller has never been given a fair crack IMO. He spent was dropped to the bench towards the end of last season for Roberts (quite rightly so as he was scoring goals), however should have been playing ahead of that donkey Peacock who had by then well and truely set up shop in the comfort zone.

Miller then starts preseason quite well, scores a few goals, and what happens - dropped again.

He has shown that given an extended run in the side he can score, and create chances for others. So he doesn't score every single game - but who does?

Leroy's had the same poo service, along with Brooker - have they struggled to find the net? NO!

Miller was given a chance last season and this season but flopped big time at Port Vale in the lowest point of the season, and with Tinnions job on the line he dosen't have time to wait for this potential we're heard about to finally come out.

Scottish football outside the top two teams is absolute pants, I haven't watched that much on Sky as I turn it off or fall asleep after 10 minutes..

I for one was pushing for him and Lita to be given a long run out last season. He never has been played correctly here or given the right kind of chance. I would have liked to see him get a real chance before they went out and brought in Brooker (not to say Brooker is not a good player), but we always seem to look for solutions outside without using what we already have.

• Admin
Leroy's had the same poo service, along with Brooker - have they struggled to find the net? NO!

Miller was given a chance last season and this season but flopped big time at Port Vale in the lowest point of the season, and with Tinnions job on the line he dosen't have time to wait for this potential we're heard about to finally come out.

Scottish football outside the top two teams is absolute pants, I haven't watched that much on Sky as I turn it off or fall asleep after 10 minutes..

In the last 2 pre-seasons, Falkirk have beaten 1st XI squads from both Luton and Wigan. Falkirk play in the division below Hearts.

This season Hearts have got these results against Rangers/Celtic:

Rangers (h) 0-0

Celtic (a) 0-3

Rangers (a) 2-3

Celtic (h) 0-2

Would our worst result in 4 matchs against 2 sides who have faired well against Premiership and top European opposition in recent seasons be a 3-0 defeat? :whistle:

Oh yes, Hearts must be of inferior quality to us! :dunno:

Sadly, i reckon Lee M wont be back. Why should he want to? A side full of underacheiving muppets who get a garanteed start no matter how kack they play, with a manager who appears not to have the bottle to do anything, and to let those he doesnt want to leave. Lets see who would you rather play for, Bench for City while they struggle to beat high flyers like Chesterfraud, in a top flight league, with galactic superstars like Colchester, Stockport, Torquay, or start for Hearts against Aberdeen, Hibs, Celtic & Rangers? Specially when you score within four minutes of your debut, after a lengthy lay off through injury, and play in a mickey mouse league?

Well, although I'm biased, and would play for City, even with its patent faults, an ambitious young un like Lee is going to the latter.

Fans who've turned on numerous players within the last two years, might I suggest some of the "heroes" here are the ones you should seriously look at, cos Lee, Robbo,Goody,Burnell,Marvin, have not been given the chances that (current) wasters like Murray, Doc, Dinning, Coles,Bell, Butler, (and last season Leapy, AWOL Brown!!)have enjoyed, and have impressed to the nth degree (not!). And we now welcome another one back-Carey!!

Add Brown, Gillespie, Heffernan, Ayinsah etc from the squads here who don't get the same treatment, and do you see a pattern forming here. Our "illustrious" managers appear to have the I must have a bigger trainset mentality here-and to date its blatantly not working. don't blame the players who don't fit in with managers.....blame the management, and their automatic picks who frequently don't pull their weight.

good luck Lee M, is what I say.

Guest Tactical Genius

Hearts probably are better than us. But when you get past the top 5 of the Scottish Premier there is not a lot there and the teams in the bottom half are on a par with our division. The fact that the likes of Invincible, Lilley, McInnes, Ritchie, Crawford, Lovell, Donnelly et al all play regularly is testament to that.

Madger, don't try to re-write history. It's been many a long year since Rangers fared well against European opposition of any kind, let alone top opposition. Similarly Hearts only ever beat teams from small Baltic nations that most football fans have never heard of.

People can moan all they like about bad service. But you still have to put the chances when they arrive, especially when you are 6 yards out with no keeper in the way. Yes, he had bad service. But he also failed to utilise the occasional good service he received.

Sadly, i reckon Lee M wont be back. Why should he want to? A side full of underacheiving muppets who get a garanteed start no matter how kack they play, with a manager who appears not to have the bottle to do anything, and to let those he doesnt want to leave. Lets see who would you rather play for, Bench for City while they struggle to beat high flyers like Chesterfraud, in a top flight league, with galactic superstars like Colchester, Stockport, Torquay, or start for Hearts against Aberdeen, Hibs, Celtic & Rangers? Specially when you score within four minutes of your debut, after a lengthy lay off through injury, and play in a mickey mouse league?

Well, although I'm biased, and would play for City, even with its patent faults, an ambitious young un like Lee is going to the latter.

Fans who've turned on numerous players within the last two years, might I suggest some of the "heroes" here are the ones you should seriously look at, cos Lee, Robbo,Goody,Burnell,Marvin, have not been given the chances that (current) wasters like Murray, Doc, Dinning, Coles,Bell, Butler, (and last season Leapy, AWOL Brown!!)have enjoyed, and have impressed to the nth degree (not!). And we now welcome another one back-Carey!!

Add Brown, Gillespie, Heffernan, Ayinsah etc from the squads here who don't get the same treatment, and do you see a pattern forming here. Our "illustrious" managers appear to have the I must have a bigger trainset mentality here-and to date its blatantly not working. don't blame the players who don't fit in with managers.....blame the management, and their automatic picks who frequently don't pull their weight.

Whilst firmly sitting on the fence as to whether Miller was/will be good enough as I saw glimpses against Barnsley, QPR and Watford last season to say that he could be, it is total nonsense to repeat that Wilson didn't give him chances.

Look at the facts, he featured in 40 of our 46 League games (starting 32) and the playoff final, and he scored 8 or 9 league goals.

Your obsession with Peacock conveniently forgets he scored far more in slightly more games, thought Tinnion's decision to replace him with Brooker looks by a distance to have been his best one so far.

Has Lee personally done you a misjustice, took your girlfriend off you ( if you have one :whistle: )?? ignored you in the street?? anything at all??

It just seems you are an angry wee boy who just hates the world.

You keep saying Lee had a chance, last season he was given a chance but not as good a chance as the other striker, Mr Peacock. It was mentioned before, how many games did Miller actually play the full 90 minutes for City?? You say he was given a chance, but he was continually pulled off no matter how he played, does that seem right to you?? Did you really expect a 20 year old striker to come to City, having never played in English League before, and instantly fit in and score a load of goals?? He needed the first season to climatise to the league, but no people like you expected him to be a seasoned veteran and wouldnt give the guy any slack.

You ask the question, has Leroy or Brooker struggled with the service?? Well of late I would say Mr Leroy " Superstar " Lita has. Whats his goals tally within the last month or two?? Maybe 3 goals?? Now would you have accepted that from Miller?? NO, his arse would have been hitting the bench before he knew it!! And before you hit with this rubbish, " Lita has scored 'x' amount of goals already ", I don't doubt that, but where are the goals just now?? If Tinnions job is on the line, I wouldve thought he would want strikers scoring goals?? But NO you seem happy enough to have Lita playing just because he COULD score a goal!!

If you havent watched that much Scottish football, what makes you think your opinion on it is valid then?? Any game can be rubbish for short spells, then burst into life. Seems to me you see what you want to see, and think its always right. The way I would judge the difference between SPL and League 1, Hearts went to Ibrox and only lost 3-2, now if City had to got to Ibrox, I very much doubt they would come anywhere near as close.

Has Lee personally done you a misjustice, took your girlfriend off you ( if you have one :whistle: )?? ignored you in the street?? anything at all??

It just seems you are an angry wee boy who just hates the world.

You keep saying Lee had a chance, last season he was given a chance but not as good a chance as the other striker, Mr Peacock. It was mentioned before, how many games did Miller actually play the full 90 minutes for City?? You say he was given a chance, but he was continually pulled off no matter how he played, does that seem right to you?? Did you really expect a 20 year old striker to come to City, having never played in English League before, and instantly fit in and score a load of goals?? He needed the first season to climatise to the league, but no people like you expected him to be a seasoned veteran and wouldnt give the guy any slack.

You ask the question, has Leroy or Brooker struggled with the service?? Well of late I would say Mr Leroy " Superstar " Lita has. Whats his goals tally within the last month or two?? Maybe 3 goals?? Now would you have accepted that from Miller?? NO, his arse would have been hitting the bench before he knew it!! And before you hit with this rubbish, " Lita has scored 'x' amount of goals already ", I don't doubt that, but where are the goals just now?? If Tinnions job is on the line, I wouldve thought he would want strikers scoring goals?? But NO you seem happy enough to have Lita playing just because he COULD score a goal!!

If you havent watched that much Scottish football, what makes you think your opinion on it is valid then?? Any game can be rubbish for short spells, then burst into life. Seems to me you see what you want to see, and think its always right. The way I would judge the difference between SPL and League 1, Hearts went to Ibrox and only lost 3-2, now if City had to got to Ibrox, I very much doubt they would come anywhere near as close.

City would get murdered by most teams in the SPL. Lita has scored 3 in 3 months. Miller and Peacock was a poorly matched partnership because Peacock was seen as the natural target man but he couldn't hold it up or pass it off. However there can't be much doubt that Miller's performances in his first season weren't the best. He would have been better served in his first season by being on the bench and coming on for Peacock to take his role, playing alongside Roberts or Lita. I think that would have helped him get used to the English game without as much stick and fit into the team more, and he was purchased mostly as "one for the future".

Miller and a poacher playing off him would be interesting to see. I can't see us letting him go for free and Hearts appear to be skint so unless another Scottish team comes in I doubt he's leaving us. Ideally he'll return to us with vastly more confidence, come on as a sub in the playoff final and score 3.

Nibor

Agree with just about all of that - top post bucksred. How many more good players whos face just doesnt seem to fit are going to disappear beofre we realise its the management with the problem not the players.

Agree with just about all of that - top post bucksred. How many more good players whos face just doesnt seem to fit are going to disappear beofre we realise its the management with the problem not the players.

My sentiments as well.

I still can't work out why we didn't have a recall clause in Lee's loan contract. What happens if Brooker gets injured or suspended for any length of time during the remainder of the season?

Whilst firmly sitting on the fence as to whether Miller was/will be good enough as I saw glimpses against Barnsley, QPR and Watford last season to say that he could be, it is total nonsense to repeat that Wilson didn't give him chances.

Look at the facts, he featured in 40 of our 46 League games (starting 32) and the playoff final, and he scored 8 or 9 league goals.

Your obsession with Peacock conveniently forgets he scored far more in slightly more games, thought Tinnion's decision to replace him with Brooker looks by a distance to have been his best one so far.

No obsession with Leapy for me (On this topic-just mentioning it, as part of the topic), just pointing out he was another of the garanteed picks, and fairly regularly failed to impress. Started well and tailed off particularly at the beginning of 2004.Miller did start frequently, but it was to play off Peacock, not to play to his strengths, admittedly, he was far from unique, Robbo, and Leroy had the same problem- all season all three strikers had this problem, and was it coincidence our biggest win (Brighton Away) was with Miller & Robbo playin up front-fresh legs and ideas, not a comment on Leapys form (Or anyones elses)if the same formula is played without change, it gets stale, predictable, and boring- hang on, that sounds familiar.

You're right- Brooker is in the team on merit, but I feel Lee Miller now fully fit, and with some games under his belt, would give him some real competition- well it would in any team, but this current shambles, masquerading as a team-the main point I was making.

But Its all academic, I suspect he'll not be back, with the season tailing off, and our books needing to be balanced, let alone Lees own thoughts, I really cant see him coming back to this club.

My sentiments as well.

I still can't work out why we didn't have a recall clause in Lee's loan contract. What happens if Brooker gets injured or suspended for any length of time during the remainder of the season?

Because the 'oh wise one' in charge of this ramshackle football team thinks Lee's a pile of crap and not worthy of playing - and he is of course right cause he knows a good player when he sees one - thats why he signed dinning and carey and let Ireland go back to posh.

Honestly downendcity what a silly billy question!!!

Whilst this loan move was a great idea in principal, i think we may end up losing out on a potentialy a great player for us. Obviously early days yet, but its clear to see what a vote of confidence and a few games can do to a player.

I just pray that we do get Lee back, in form and ready to prove BT wrong, that is of course if BT ever gives him another chance, which IMO hes not likely to, if he was surely we would of had a clause in the loan to get him back if needed.

Seems this was a perfect move all round but if Lee keeps playing well, i cant see him coming back to the gate.

Also i think if Lee had cost 10% of what he did, people wouldnt worry about how his career has gone here anywhere near as much, they would of just wrote him off as somone we took a chance on for a few quid. The fact he cost several hundred thousand certainly hasnt helped his cause but is the one thing that has nothing to do with him.

Come back soon Lee! :dunno:

:whistle:

Great to see this.

Either way, good for the player and the club.

He comes back, fit refreshed and up for it or, more likely in my view, he moves, City get their £325k back and we all move on.

Couple of provisos:

a.Hearts can raise the dough and that'll probably depend on the takeover.

b.It'll be up to Lee if he wants to move home as he's settled well in Bristol.

c.Depends on who else wants to sign him, both here and in Scotland.

The only downside I can see is for SPL Football and, with apologies to Whitey in advance, why is is that LM can be a revalation at Hearts and not get in our team?

I still think that if you asked City fans, the majority would prefer Brooker to Miller up front, although, some might say Miller & Brooker.

Have Hearts got decent wide players who can deliver accurate crosses, for example!

Anyway, good luck to the boy!

Because the 'oh wise one' in charge of this ramshackle football team thinks Lee's a pile of crap and not worthy of playing - and he is of course right cause he knows a good player when he sees one - thats why he signed dinning and carey and let Ireland go back to posh.

Honestly downendcity what a silly billy question!!!

I sort of knew the answer when I posed the quoestion jimmyb.

I said that from when he was first appointed, that Tin's pride would mean him changing the team to make it his own, i.e. he would not risk acheiving success ( no risk o fthat now, is there?) and then having thrown in his face that it had been achieved with what Dabny's team.

Since then it's almost got to the stage where he is becoming blooody minded. Lee could score a goal a game and get rave reviews in Scotland, but I can't see Tin's having him back because he had made his mind up about him at the start of the season and it would be an admission of his error of judgement. Similarly, he can't now leave Leroy out, even though just about everyone else sees that Leroy needs a rest and perhaps a kick up the a**e so that he gets back on track as far as goalscoring is concerned.

Unfortunately, all the above point to a lack of experience. I also think we are getting close to the panic button being pressed. playing himself , at the expense of Wilkshire last friday was a prime example of this. He perhaps feels the only way he can get the team performing is to get out and do it himself. That would be an admission that he can't motivate them off the pitch. If so then the end is nigh.

Archived