IGNORED

Lee Miller

whitey_03

Because the 'oh wise one' in charge of this ramshackle football team thinks Lee's a pile of crap and not worthy of playing - and he is of course right cause he knows a good player when he sees one - thats why he signed dinning and carey and let Ireland go back to posh.

Honestly downendcity what a silly billy question!!!

I don't think Tinnion has any kind of problem with Lee Miller, it's just that he ended up with more strikers than he knew what to do with and under incredible pressure to get results.

Lee still isn't really suited to playing in league one, and it will take a good run in the side for him to become properly accustomed to it - which would need the manager and supporters to have patience with him. Unfortunately, a dodgy start to the season and the pressure of expectation meant that Tinnion needed players who could do a job right away; players such as Brooker who has been playing at this level for a good few years now.

Because there hasn't been the possibility of giving Lee an extended run in the first team this season and there haven't been a lot of reserve team games, it made sense to loan Lee out either to a club under less pressure to get results, or to one where he would be more accustomed to the style of play and able to adapt quicker.

• Admin
Because the 'oh wise one' in charge of this ramshackle football team thinks Lee's a pile of crap and not worthy of playing - and he is of course right cause he knows a good player when he sees one - thats why he signed dinning and carey and let Ireland go back to posh.

Honestly downendcity what a silly billy question!!!

Because you aren't allowed to put them into "season-long loans".....the truth is always so boring :Sleep12:

Because you aren't allowed to put them into "season-long loans".....the truth is always so boring  :Sleep12:

I stand corrected then.

Begs the question though that if he did rate him - and just wanted him to get fit and a bit of form before getting him back to play - why make it a season loan knowing he can't be recalled??

Either way oh wise one obviously doesnt see him as part of the long term plan with the team.

I stand corrected then.

Begs the question though that if he did rate him - and just wanted him to get fit and a bit of form before getting him back to play - why make it a season loan knowing he can't be recalled??

Either way oh wise one obviously doesnt see him as part of the long term plan with the team.

I think it was fairly obvious to everyone including the player himself that after a long bout of illness and being low on confidence he wasn't part of the plans for this season.

Therefore letting him go on loan, build up confidence and fitness, and as a side benefit putting himself in the window seems to have been best for all concerned.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear him being part of long term plans however, remember he's only 21 or 22 isn't he?

Nibor

• Admin
I think it was fairly obvious to everyone including the player himself that after a long bout of illness and being low on confidence he wasn't part of the plans for this season.

Therefore letting him go on loan, build up confidence and fitness, and as a side benefit putting himself in the window seems to have been best for all concerned.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear him being part of long term plans however, remember he's only 21 or 22 isn't he?

Nibor

....and IF we make the play-offs, Lee should return in time for them.

This continuing analysis into Lee Millers current and future situation with or without BCFC is becoming somewhat over done! It's not as though we have let go a total goal machine, or a player with such trickery as to take your breath away. We have loaned out a player who appeared to have cost a lot more money than most of us could see justification for. Not the player's fault but unfortunately a fact he is stuck with. The other fact he is stuck is that he did not produce the goods, never really impressed and didn't score that many. Until such time as he comes back and does his stuff for us then whatever he does in Scotland is irrelevant.

We've got enough to think about with the performance of players who aren't out on loan!

:whistle:

Nibor

....and IF we make the play-offs, Lee should return in time for them.

I don't really wanna get dragged into the Lee Miller debate but i don't see how in December just because of some injury and illness he can be ruled out for the entire season!!??

Why not make further investigation into a monthly loan situation where Lee could get fit and hopefully find some form before return to aid the squad??

Sending a £300k striker out on loan to Scotland rfor the rest of the season does not look to me like a player in the managers plans for this season roa ny other.

Yes he will be able to play if we reach the play offs (thats a big if in itself) but lets be honest - realistically if he hasnt been here for 5 months hasnt trianed with the team or anything is he likely to feature?? I would suggest not unless we are absolutely desparate.

By the looks of this, many Hearts fans would be more than happy to take Mr Miller off your hands at the end of the season. Seems to have a new lease of life up here, and long may it continue.

Swindon Hater, does this finally make you happy, or do you still not give a flying ####?? :whistle:

Hearts Fans Want Lee Miller For Good??

A player performing better at a club where the supporters get behind him rather than jeer him, boo and slag him off?

I'm in shock.

I am sick of this poo, the English mind set about Scottish teams!!! I wouldnt see me defending him as inadvertently ridiculing him, Hearts are a better team than City, FACT. I see Hearts beating Aberdeen at the weekend, another team that would beat City, while City are losing to that super power Chesterfield??? :whistle:

I watched scottish football every week for a season the scottish prem as well and it is as bad as i make out it is almost non league. As for your comment about us losing to chesterfield that was not my point the point was like in goodfellows case he is doing well for a side playing in a sub standard league that is somehow worse than the one we are in. While i admire your support for miller i find your support and indeed many other peoples criticism of the lad to be over exuberant. I do not dislike miller in the slightest trouble is he has played well in patches and not consistently, like peacock did, but he always put in 100% and that i will not fault him on, nor indeen his slight fram which should have been addressed by the coaches in the summer.

• Admin

Yes he will be able to play if we reach the play offs (thats a big if in itself)

Yeah, I know, that's why I put it in capitals :blush:

but lets be honest - realistically if he hasnt been here for 5 months hasnt trianed with the team or anything is he likely to feature?? I would suggest not unless we are absolutely desparate.

What if he comes back having scored 10-12 goals in the SPL? He'll obviously be bang in form, full of confidence and just like a new signing (only one who HAS played with his new team-mates before). :city:

Yeah, I know, that's why I put it in capitals  :blush:

What if he comes back having scored 10-12 goals in the SPL? He'll obviously be bang in form, full of confidence and just like a new signing (only one who HAS played with his new team-mates before). :city:

Even if he does I seriously don't think he'd be picked.

Guest ScottishRed

I find it unbelievable that some think the SPL is inferior to English Div One. As someone who watches Hibs at least once a month and City on regular basis, I feel I am qualified to comment without any bias.

The SPL is a so much better standard than English Div One. Many think the only 2 teams in Scotland are Celtic and Rangers. Yes, they are the only clubs who can win the league, but how many can realistically win the league in England, Spain, Holland and Italy. Clubs such as Hibs, Aberdeen and Hearts would be challenging for the English Championship no problem. Indeed, the way Hibs are playing they would hold their own against many of the average sides in the English Premier League that so many overrate.

Those who belittle the SPL are ignorant and are blinkered to English football. The fact is Miller is having faith shown in him and is also surrounded by better players. His style of play suits the SPL better as well, as he is an intelligent football - particularly bearing in mind his age. Hibs, Motherwell, Aberdeen all play good football. If Miller continues to do well at Hearts, there is no way he would choose to come back to City. He will either sign for a SPL club permanently or join a decent Championship side in England.

Where I would be the first to say, " Debate is healthy" I think this has gone far enough.

Lee is enjoying his football with Hearts. He is enjoying the faith placed in him by the Manager, the genuine respect within the team, and enjoying being with his family and friends. He is however still contracted to Bristol City, with a home in Bristol, and many very good friends there.

Whether he is playing at a better standard is open to opinion, and one debate I will not get into as there are only a handful on this Forum who have experience of both, and they seem to be in agreement :yawn:

Where it is great that Lee still has so many supporters on this Forum, I notice one or two of his detractors still feel the need to knock. This merely highlights to me those who can sensibly explain why they have their opinions, (Good & Bad ), and those who wouldnt know why if you asked them :city:

It is impossible to reason with the latter therefore, Whitey - how can you possibly expect to dabate with anyone who gives himself the name "Hater"? Or someone who reckons Lee has an eating disorder :city: ( joke or otherwise )?

As for Whitey's specs, they are coloured by knowledge. He has seen for many years what Lee is capable of,and his faults, and takes enough interest in a mate to follow his career both South and North of the border. Would'nt we all like a friend like that :blush:

Lee has 2 very important games this week. Tonight the semi final of the CIS Cup, and Saturday the Scottish Cup. I thank all the fans who have sent best wishes,( which I have passed on ) and to the others - don't you think you should be concentrating on BT's current choice of squad, though I did not see the last game, I believe it raised 1 or 2 problems.

Joy

Whitey - how can you possibly expect to dabate with anyone who gives himself the name "Hater"?

It's no good trying to debate anything with that person, you may as well just be talking to a brick wall most of the time (usually get more sense from it as well) :blush:

Group: PL Member

Member No.: 366

Supported City Since: Lee Miller Signed For The Club

Rose tinted spectacles, Mr/Mrs Whitey?????

Not that I know of why?

I think you will notice from the details you so kindly posted that the only reason I came on the forum was because Lee signed. I have never onced hid that fact, and I honestly would have not had any interest in Bristol City if Lee hadnt signed here, does that make my opinion on this forum any less significant than yours? Doubt it.

Apart from Grannyjoy and yajrellim on the forum, I know more about Lee Miller as a person, a friend and a player having both watched and played with him, than any of you do. So I feel I am adequately positioned to comment on his abilities/faults etc as much as any of you feel you are. I have watched Scottish football all my days, and have watched Division Two/League 1 football since Lee signed, so have gauged how good it is by now, so again feel I am able to compare the two in this very situation.

If you think I am looking through rose tinted specs, I would like you to have a look at other forum users, who feels its ok to slate Lee for things, which they are quite happy to accept from other City players, double standards me thinks. But thats their choice.

I fully understand your point and your opinion is true and honest from your perspective, which is as you point out a non City supporting one.

I wish Lee all the best and hope his move to Hearts becomes permanent and we make some of the money back that we spent on him.

Lee didn't really set Ashton Gate a blaze, for that simple reason as a SUPPORTER OF BRISTOL CITY I was not a fan.

Good Luck to Lee Miller whichever club he joins next.

It's no good trying to debate anything with that person, you may as well just be talking to a brick wall most of the time (usually get more sense from it as well)  :blush:

I've debated many a time (too many times) why I'm not a Lee Miller fan, football wise, he seems a good lad with a good attiude and I'll back him if he's wearing a red shirt!

You slagged Leroy off at the start of the season, I stuck up for him, he backed me up with his goals, Miller hasn't backed you up yet.

The Miller debate is getting boring as we know that he'll probably be a Hearts player full time next season, and we have a playoff push to talk about!

You slagged Leroy off at the start of the season, I stuck up for him, he backed me up with his goals, Miller hasn't backed you up yet.

Did I actually say I was a Miller fan?

He's not a bad player, but he's not a great player. Just because I've posted on this thread doesn't mean I think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Thankyou.

Can I ask a question of anyone who has seen Miller play for Hearts ?

Is he playing better for them than he did for City ?

If the answer is yes, then why is he able to play better in Scotland ?

If the answer is no, then why is he scoring more freely ?

Even if he does I seriously don't think he'd be picked.

And even if he does he probably will get the same lousy service they get week in week out at City....at least we are starting to play wingers and working on the crosses now........

whitey

what executedwolf was tryin to say was that you CLEARLY have a biased opinion on this forum about Lee Miller, which you clearly do.

I bet in 2 seasons from now say, if Lee still plays and doesnt score one goal for us in every start you would defend him and make excuses.

thats how biased you are.

Archived