IGNORED

Millen - On His Way?

Robbored

Hmmm.... i'd love this to be the case, i said at the start of the season (like many others) that i didnt have a problem with tins being manager but i really think millen was a bad choice as many others have said... i just wonder WHO we would get in to replace him if he went ..i would imagine someone from within the club again....

to be honest i'd want him to go we desperatly need someone who can comand that dugout when tins is on the pitch.

Set us back years, maybe 2-4.  Whereas with Wilson we would still be going forward. :whistle:

Utter rubbish. Wilson's idea of "forward" was much the same as Joe Burnell's! At best we'd have remained in the same place this season.

I accept that thus far we have gone backwards, but sometimes you need a bit of a run-up to tackle a steep hill.

Theres a very strong rumour at AG today that Millen could be leaving his post as assistant manager.

Nothing confirmed yet but watch this space.    :whistle:

Not saying it won't happen. But do you work at the club or are you down there at the moment wandering around with a cup pressed against various doors?

This will make no difference, a desperate move by a desperate club.

This seasons farce has set us back years

I don't see how on Earth you can say he's took us back years, it realy makes my blood boil with doom and gloomers, o.k. our season is screwd but as for taking us back years is nothing short of utter garbage, yes we are looking like a bunch of ever hopefuls this season and way under par but remember we still house alot of talent at this club! we just need the right leadership and to get those lazy gits to play football! :@

Utter rubbish. Wilson's idea of "forward" was much the same as Joe Burnell's! At best we'd have remained in the same place this season.

I think a lot of people, me included, would accept finishing third again this season Much better than finishing outside of the play offs as now looks more than likely

I think a lot of people, me included, would accept finishing third again this season  Much better than finishing outside of the play offs as now looks more than likely

I'm not at all sure we would be doing much better with Wilson still in charge.

We wouldn't have Heffernan or Brooker, we wouldn't have got 19 goals out of Leroy, and the likes of Hill, Brown and Carey would have left anyway.

It is partly Wilson's fault that the "comfort zone" was allowed to extend to the level it has now reached and Wilson's tactic of ignoring it was unsustainable.

It's painful at the moment, but this transition had to be made sooner or later and we have to have the patience to stick it out this time. Tinnion is inexperienced and it is therefore impossible to say whether or not he is likely to succeed, but he does seem to be trying to give the club the shake-up it needs.

If we can get an experienced and respected assistant to help him do the job, the season can still be saved.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

I accept that thus far we have gone backwards, but sometimes you need a bit of a run-up to tackle a steep hill.

The team moved forward every season with Wilson, so how can you say that? Abit of a run up? what planet are you on - We've got WORSE since the start of this season, the squad is a shambles and this has been the weakest league for years.

Also you seem to hint the team didnt attack much under Wilson, well I sem to recall a very tight team under MR Ward in this league - Care to remind me where that team finished?

I don't see how on Earth you can say  he's took us back years, it realy makes my blood boil with doom and gloomers, o.k. our season is screwd but as for taking us back years is nothing short of utter garbage, yes we are looking like a bunch of ever hopefuls this season and way under par but remember we still house alot of talent at this club! we just need  the right leadership and to get those lazy gits to play football!  :@

Utter garbage? So you reckon thingss will be bright and rosey in the near future? Don't make me laugh.

People keep saying about all this talent we have - Where is it? Lita maybe, but the way the SQUAD has played this season there is none - And if you say it is the players not performing, well who's fault is that.

The team moved forward every season with Wilson, so how can you say that?  Abit of a run up?  what planet are you on - We've got WORSE since the start of this season, the squad is a shambles and this has been the weakest league for years.

Also you seem to hint the team didnt attack much under Wilson, well I sem to recall a very tight team under MR Ward in this league - Care to remind me where that team finished?

Utter garbage?  So you reckon thingss will be bright and rosey in the near future? Don't make me laugh.

People keep saying about all this talent we have - Where is it?  Lita maybe, but the way the SQUAD has played this season there is none - And if you say it is the players not performing, well who's fault is that.

conspiracy theory :whistle:

mabe the players are behined millen and not tins so by players not performing

tins ends up with the boot with millen caretaker then all of a sudden the results start coming? could explain millens dodgy substitutions,

tins comments about players and tins being unhappy at being subbed friday night

all this allegedly mind you but it wouldn't surprise me :dunno:

The team moved forward every season with Wilson, so how can you say that?  Abit of a run up?  what planet are you on - We've got WORSE since the start of this season, the squad is a shambles and this has been the weakest league for years.

I am on the planet of people who can see the long term as well as the short.

The club has a culture of ingrained mediocrity and it will not be fixed without sweeping changes. These changes are never easy and almost always result in the side getting worse before it gets better. The point is that it will be able to reach a higher point than it could without the changes.

Wilson's tenure saw the club climb 6 places in 4 years, with millions spent on transfers. Wilson himself was also paid a relatively high salary. Do you think that was sustainable?

We'd have lost the same players we lost anyway, as they were off to bigger an better things whatever. The only one who might have stayed is Peacock, and he was a waste of space. Do you think Wilson could have replaced them effectively? I can only think of three decent players brought in by Wilson during his tenure, and one of those was recommended to him by supporters!

The club NEEDS to be shaken up and have the comfort zone removed. The last two managers to try and do it lasted little over a year between them (Benny and Pulis), because City fans would rather have someone who promises the Earth and delivers nothing than someone who admits they have a big job to do.

Short-term thinking is holding this club back and it has to stop. The only thing that has taken this club backwards was sticking with Wilson for too long.

I'm not at all sure we would be doing much better with Wilson still in charge.

We wouldn't have Heffernan or Brooker, we wouldn't have got 19 goals out of Leroy, and the likes of Hill, Brown and Carey would have left anyway.

It is partly Wilson's fault that the "comfort zone" was allowed to extend to the level it has now reached and Wilson's tactic of ignoring it was unsustainable.

It's painful at the moment, but this transition had to be made sooner or later and we have to have the patience to stick it out this time. Tinnion is inexperienced and it is therefore impossible to say whether or not he is likely to succeed, but he does seem to be trying to give the club the shake-up it needs.

If we can get an experienced and respected assistant to help him do the job, the season can still be saved.

Well IMO i'm pretty sure we would be doing better with Wilson.

Carey wouldn't have left i don't think - Peacock may have done i suppoose but who's to say DW may not also have liked Brooker as his replacement?? Or somebody equally taleneted from elsewhere (Platt for example :whistle::dunno: ).

Having finished 3rd two seasons in row i am 100% sure that id DW was in charge we would be safely in the play offs at least right now - and i say that never having been his biggest fan when he was here.

Point is i felt DW had taken us as far as he could and we needed soemone else to kick the club on towards the promised land - we didnt get that - instead we got a rookie manager without even having the management Nailsea of U-12's on his CV. That hasn't taken the club forward its taken the club backwards - therfore mistake and it should rectified asap.

Personally i'm glad Millen is going from that job if he is and hope that (assuming we go for the cheap internal option) Fawthrop gets the nod. I'm sorry but i'd also like to see BT gone this week as well. I can see little point in continuing this shambles any further. Even if this season ends up a right off at least the new man would have time to get things in place for next year.

Guest Oxford Red

Are we starting to turn Millen into a scapegoat for the season?

Personally I'd like to see him continue in a coaching capacity, after making way for an experienced assistant.

Are we starting to turn Millen into a scapegoat for the season? 

Personally I'd like to see him continue in a coaching capacity, after making way for an experienced assistant.

not saying bomb him out of the club but he should return to coaching

the kids, having two rookies in charge is not good but tinnion needs a experienced no.2 and quick.

Had it not been the width of a post at Swindon we would have been up. Sometimes its just not meant to be. If wilson is such a bad manager how come MK Dons are now playing football and drawing against the like of sheff.Wed who they probably would have been stuffed against at the beginning of the season.

I think Millen has to go but Tinman makes final decision who goes out on that pitch and the substitutions do not always make a difference. get real Tinnion is not good enough Wilson was and If we could have June back again I know who I would want in charge now & probably fighting for promotion

If this turns out to be true...

What sort of club, after struggling for a while with poor performances, disappointing results and player unrest, decides to sack the assistant - and no-one else?

Who appointed Millen?

Who discusses tactics and formations with Millen?

Who discusses possible transfer targets with Millen?

Can anyone give me one example of a club who sacked their assistant and not their manager following a series of poor results and performances?

Is Millen the scapegoat? Will this solve all City's problems?

I think Millen has to go but Tinman makes final decision who goes out on that pitch and the substitutions do not always make a difference. get real Tinnion is not good enough Wilson was and If we could have June back again I know who I would want in charge now & probably fighting for promotion

millen took tinnion off and when asked on city world if it was his

decision (as tins was said by the interviewer to be our best player)

he said i know and no it was not my decision, tins did not look a happy

chap in that interview, so i'm not sure things are all tinnions decisions

while he is playing.

OK, So Millen out...who to take his place?

It wouldn't be popular, but I'd vote for Osman

It needs to be someone who the players look up to and respect.

For that reason, it should probably be someone from outside the goldfish bowl of Bristol football, as I'm not sure there is anyone around who would command enough respect.

Someone who might be worth a look (although he might not want to be assistant) is Stephen Constantine (http://www.stephenconstantine.co.uk/), a coach with a good track record who seems to be cruelly overlooked for every club job going. He is currently the manager of the Indian national team.

Guest Oxford Red
It needs to be someone who the players look up to and respect.

For that reason, it should probably be someone from outside the goldfish bowl of Bristol football, as I'm not sure there is anyone around who would command enough respect.

Someone who might be worth a look (although he might not want to be assistant) is Stephen Constantine (http://www.stephenconstantine.co.uk/), a coach with a good track record who seems to be cruelly overlooked for every club job going. He is currently the manager of the Indian national team.

It might be a bit ambitious, but isn't Jim Smith available?

Utter garbage?  So you reckon thingss will be bright and rosey in the near future? Don't make me laugh.

People keep saying about all this talent we have - Where is it?  Lita maybe, but the way the SQUAD has played this season there is none - And if you say it is the players not performing, well who's fault is that.

Your telling me that we don't have the players to get out of this league?, wake up mate, we need a manager who knows how to pick a team, what tactics to play and stick to them and not say "well we won this week against a crap team lets stick to this is against totally difernt oppeonents", Tinnions downfall is he's to scared to make possitive decisions ( with his if it ain't broke then don't try to fix it ), you talk about DW and his negative 1-0 up and defend, well Tinnion is even worse with making silly changes when were chasing games!, when I say we have the talent already at this club I'm not saying we have premiership players for goodness sakes I'm saying we have enough talent at this club to get us out of this sh!t league.

Archived