IGNORED

Troublemakers A Disgrace

deadratinmycider

Colin Sexstone has branded the "city fans" intent on causing trouble at Hull,

a disgrace. Now I wasn't at the game so I can't comment, there are 20 arrests

so far. Where there many hoolies there?

The funniest piece of the article on the main site has to be the bit where it

says "two policemen were injured in the scuffles (not funny) also 3 policemen

were taken to hospital after being bitten by their own dogs"!!!!

Now I shouldn't laugh, but.... :D;):(:D

Whist never condoning the troublemakers , don,t the club once again think they should get their own house in order before being all high and mighty. The disapline level on the pitch speaks for itself, i understand we have the most yellow cards in the entire football league!

Again I think it a case of the pot calling the kettle black, how can the players take Tinnion and his fines seriously when he,s just as bad as the rest of them when it comes too handbags with the officalls.

says "two policemen were injured in the scuffles (not funny) also 3 policemen

Now I shouldn't laugh, but.... :D  ;)  :(  :D

Yea i went to Hull there was a big mob of City fans there i have to say, they was right by me aswell, so i had a good veiw of proceedings, it wasnt as bad as everyone has made out, a bit of trouble oh well you get that everywhere, the Hull stewards hadn`t a clue how to control it though.

say "two policemen were injured in the scuffles (not funny) also 3 policemen

Now I shouldn't laugh, but.... :D  ;)  :(  :D

It was an extremely ugly atmosphere. I took a friend's 10 year old son to his first ever away game and the poor lad was terrified. We were in Block 12 (Section N6), right over by the line of police and stewards. It seemed reasonably good natured at first (the usual chants of "sheep ######gers" aimed at us, chants of "you're just a small town in Scotland" aimed at them), but the atmosphere changed after half time (after the beer consumption rose....). The group of blokes in front of us suddenly started chanting "CSF" and it was apparent that the smiles on their faces had disappeared. Barmby's goal was the cue for these numbskulls to start charging towards the Hull fans, prompting the police to start swinging the truncheons around indiscriminately. It seemed to die down for a minute or two, but then a few other numbskulls started clambering over their seats in order to get nearer the action. One of these fat cretins got pushed back by a copper, and fell on to me. I resisted the temptation to give the bloke an elbow to the face as I got up, but one look at the fear on the face of my friend's son (and the fact that the atmosphere was not likely to change back to being good natured again) was enough to convince me that it was time to leave. So, for the first time ever, I left a game early - half an hour early. We then walked back down Anlaby Road to the station, with me trying to explain to the lad that not all City fans were total morons, just some of them.

It'll be a long time before the lad's mother will allow him to go to a football game again, even assuming that he'd want to go (doubtful, to be honest). He's a football fan growing up in Ashton, so he ought to be part of BCFC's future. I suspect now that he'll just watch Man Utd from his living room, because at least he won't be terrified by grown men acting like animals whilst he watches the game.

As for me, I've been following City around the country for many years but I'm getting to the stage where I've had enough. Life's too short to spend my free time in the company of these idiots. They call themselves football supporters but they have no real interest apart from travelling the country looking to cause trouble.

If any of the trouble makers are reading this, I just want to say that I hate you and I wish you would leave my club alone. You are scum.

It was an extremely ugly atmosphere. I took a friend's 10 year old son to his first ever away game and the poor lad was terrified. We were in Block 12 (Section N6), right over by the line of police and stewards. It seemed reasonably good natured at first (the usual chants of "sheep ######gers" aimed at us, chants of "you're just a small town in Scotland" aimed at them), but the atmosphere changed after half time (after the beer consumption rose....). The group of blokes in front of us suddenly started chanting "CSF" and it was apparent that the smiles on their faces had disappeared. Barmby's goal was the cue for these numbskulls to start charging towards the Hull fans, prompting the police to start swinging the truncheons around indiscriminately. It seemed to die down for a minute or two, but then a few other numbskulls started clambering over their seats in order to get nearer the action. One of these fat cretins got pushed back by a copper, and fell on to me. I resisted the temptation to give the bloke an elbow to the face as I got up, but one look at the fear on the face of my friend's son (and the fact that the atmosphere was not likely to change back to being good natured again) was enough to convince me that it was time to leave. So, for the first time ever, I left a game early - half an hour early. We then walked back down Anlaby Road to the station, with me trying to explain to the lad that not all City fans were total morons, just some of them.

It'll be a long time before the lad's mother will allow him to go to a football game again, even assuming that he'd want to go (doubtful, to be honest). He's a football fan growing up in Ashton, so he ought to be part of BCFC's future. I suspect now that he'll just watch Man Utd from his living room, because at least he won't be terrified by grown men acting like animals whilst he watches the game.

As for me, I've been following City around the country for many years but I'm getting to the stage where I've had enough. Life's too short to spend my free time in the company of these idiots. They call themselves football supporters but they have no real interest apart from travelling the country looking to cause trouble.

If any of the trouble makers are reading this, I just want to say that I hate you and I wish you would leave my club alone. You are scum.

I'm sorry to hear about your experiences but I would have to question your wisdom. Surely you must have realised that Hull away was not a suitable fixture to take a 10 year old to, let alone one likely to get frightened by the commotion. Couldn't you have found a quieter part of the stand to sit/stand in?

BS4

I'm sorry to hear about your experiences but I would have to question your wisdom. Surely you must have realised that Hull away was not a suitable fixture to take a 10 year old to, let alone one likely to get frightened by the commotion. Couldn't you have found a quieter part of the stand to sit/stand in?

BS4

What a ridiculous response. He was in the seats that were allocated to him just as everyone should have been.

He has just said that he doubts that child will ever want to go again as a result of the behaviour of the morons that follow our club so I hope you are satisfied.

Football should be for everyone. But you seem to think that true supporters should stay away from certain games while the morons have their bit of 'fun'.

Morons get together in one corner of the ground and throw seats, bottles and other objects at each other and you question the wisdom of someone who went to support the club and to introduce another young lad to our team. Unbelieveable.

BS4

We sat in the seats that Bristol City Football Club sold to us. I tried to move at half time to a quieter section, but the dimwitted stewards wouldn't allow it. All in all, the day just summed up everything that's bad about being a decent football supporter in this country.

BS4

Couldn't the moronic deadbeats who want to act hard have found a motorway to go play on instead?

Nibor

Guest ScottishRed

Sorry to hear about that. We really do have some morons that attach themselves to the club. I second your last comment.

Guest fatherdougal

I was intending to take two 10 year olds (mine and the neighbour's) down to Torquay on 19 March. This sort of reading just makes me want to call it off.

My worry is that you can end up sitting anywhere next to any kind of loony, unfortunately wearing your own colours. I want to take the red hat and scarf not a tin helmet.

I wrote the same thing yesterday but it has now disappeared. My comment was seen by a number of people on here as a reason for them to try and "wind me up" - their words not mine. Sadly it would seem not everyone on this forum shares yours and my view of these people and they see it as something to joke about.

"If any of the trouble makers are reading this, I just want to say that I hate you and I wish you would leave my club alone. You are scum."

I second that, those hoolies are scum who disgrace our club and cost us all in the pocket to pay for the extra stewards and police you need to make you behave.

They seem to forget we are in 2005 and just want to watch city, have a few beers and enjoy the game. There's no good hidding the fact we have a element of idiots (Notts County away last year was another time they turned out in numbers).

The quicker they are throw out premenantly the better, for everyone we ban trhere will be 4/6 persons who would replace them if we could take the danager out of following your team.

Thanks for that post Andy, is all 100% correct. I have had enough of the City fans who care more for trouble then the club. It is quite frankly upsetting to see a friendly atmousphere ruined by the minority who want to fight. :@

ColinS is right, it must not be tolerated. These people should be made an example of and banned for life.

they were a complete disgrace. Large numbers of drunk and idiotic City fans arrived late- pushing past people to get to the bar and once in the stadium they positioned themselves as close to the home fans as possible and spent their afternoon trying to get in a fight rather than watching the game.

The only actual trouble I saw was when Hull scored for 5-10mins and after the game. They DO bring shame on the club if guilty- it is because of them that normal fans-

-get hurt

-get scared

-get searched

-treated with suspicion

-arrested at places like Walsall (clubs do get reputations)

-can't drink during the game

-can't drink on the bus up to games

-police and stewards get hurt

they bring cost and shame on the club and as far as I'm concerned I would prefer it if they didn't even call themselves City fans.

they were a complete disgrace. Large numbers of drunk and idiotic City fans arrived late- pushing past people to get to the bar and once in the stadium they positioned themselves as close to the home fans as possible and spent their afternoon trying to get in a fight rather than watching the game.

The only actual trouble I saw was when Hull scored for 5-10mins and after the game. They DO bring shame on the club if guilty- it is because of them that normal fans-

-get hurt

-get scared

-get searched

-treated with suspicion

-arrested at places like Walsall (clubs do get reputations)

-can't drink during the game

-can't drink on the bus up to games

-police and stewards get hurt

they bring cost and shame on the club and as far as I'm concerned I would prefer it if they didn't even call themselves City fans.

I for one agree with Colins view on condoning the trouble at Hull but do think it was avoidable at least in the ground. Both Bristol City and Hull City have known trouble makers and why there wasn't a bigger segregation between the fans is beyond me. I have experienced this before at Reading away in our first season back in the second division and also plymouth away, on these occassions like hull there was a small segregation , and once one fan over reacts it is very difficult to get the trouble under control when the fans are so close. After these recent troubles why the police and stewards look beyond this is beyond me, obviously the matters outside the ground aren't as controllable. Obviously the away ground want to sell as many tickets as possible but when saftey is at hand and there is a known problem it wouldn't have even got that far, at least in the ground. Why after recent history this problem is over looked?

"If any of the trouble makers are reading this, I just want to say that I hate you and I wish you would leave my club alone. You are scum."

I second that, those hoolies are scum who disgrace our club and cost us all in the pocket to pay for the extra stewards and police you need to make you behave.

They seem to forget we are in 2005 and just want to watch city, have a few beers and enjoy the game. There's no good hidding the fact we have a element of idiots (Notts County away last year was another time they turned out in numbers).

The quicker they are throw out premenantly the better, for everyone we ban trhere will be 4/6 persons who would replace them if we could take the danager out of following your team.

Grow up sunshine.

I for one agree with Colins view on condoning the trouble at Hull but do think it was avoidable at least in the ground. Both Bristol City and Hull City have known trouble makers and why there wasn't a bigger segregation between the fans is beyond me. I have experienced this before at Reading away in our first season back in the second division and also plymouth away, on these occassions like hull there was a small segregation , and once one fan over reacts it is very difficult to get the trouble under control when the fans are so close. After these recent troubles why the police and stewards look beyond this is beyond me, obviously the matters outside the ground aren't as controllable. Obviously the away ground want to sell as many tickets as possible but when saftey is at hand and there is a known problem it wouldn't have even got that far, at least in the ground. Why after recent history this problem is over looked?

yep the area would have ideally been bigger. I wonder whether the building work meant that it was impossible to put the City fans further away though.

Last night, the baiting of Slinky happened to take place in a topic about Hooliganism and so many of our opinions were covered in mockery and wit.

My view on Hooliganism is this:

Hooliganism happens at every game and has immeasurably decreased, for the good, since its height in the 60's and 70's. But it now happens away from the ground and away from those who do not want to be involved. This therefore has the affect of not being linked to Bristol City Football Club and additionally not damaging the clubs reputation and finances.

If Hooligans want to clash and cause violence it will be incredibly hard to totally stop. So we will have to exept it will happen, but only as long as they injure themselves and themselves alone in the process and do not tarnish the reputations of the clubs they follow.

What makes you think that it's his club and no one elses?

The club belongs to all true supporters with the obvious exception of saddo drugged up/drunk hooligans who only ever seem to act hard when in a group of about twenty. What is the point in travelling 250 miles to throw a seat or two unless you've got a brain about a tenth the size of a pea?

It sounds to me like Brady Bunch has grown up. What's your point?

I just still find it difficult to believe that people still trot out the same boring sound bites as 'not real fans' 'no love for the club' 'purly there for trouble' 'ruining our club' etc. If everyone on this forum is honest, the majority all know some people in the pubs they drink in who have had the odd spot of bother at City and probably wouldn't accuse them of being anyless of a city fan, or love the club less. I just find it astonishing that new fans to the club haven't realised this and spout the same old rubbish.

I just still find it difficult to believe that people still trot out the same boring sound bites as 'not real fans' 'no love for the club' 'purly there for trouble' 'ruining our club' etc. If everyone on this forum is honest, the majority all know some people in the pubs they drink in who have had the odd spot of bother at City and probably wouldn't accuse them of being anyless of a city fan, or love the club less. I just find it astonishing that new fans to the club haven't realised this and spout the same old rubbish.

Just like good old slinky who claims to have supported the reds since '64, I am sure saturday was the worst ever violence :D he has ever seen at a football ground before.

something of nothing :Sleep12:

They have no love for the club or they wouldn't go round shaming the name of Bristol City. They are not real supporters because they do not support. The majority of them weren't even watching the game at all at any time. And most of them were there just to cause trouble.

I'm not a new fan. I didn't like brain dead morons associating themselves with this club when I started following City and I still don't like them now. If the things that were throen had hit a child in the face I suppose you'd still be on here telling us we're boring. The only boring people at City games are those who cause trouble. If you condone them then you are as much of an idiot as they are.

Just like good old slinky who claims to have supported the reds since '64, I am sure saturday was the worst ever violence  :D  he has ever seen at a football ground before.

something of nothing  :Sleep12:

So it has to be the worst I've ever seen before I dare to say anything

They have no love for the club or they wouldn't go round shaming the name of Bristol City. They are not real supporters because they do not support. The majority of them weren't even watching the game at all at any time. And most of them were there just to cause trouble.

I'm not a new fan. I didn't like brain dead morons associating themselves with this club when I started following City and I still don't like them now. If the things that were throen had hit a child in the face I suppose you'd still be on here telling us we're boring. The only boring people at City games are those who cause trouble. If you condone them then you are as much of an idiot as they are.

Thank you x.

If these morons truely wanted a fight they'd arrange a meet after the game somewhere far away from the ground where no old bill would be there to "hold them back".

It's not what they want and they'd run away if there was ever a chance of it happening. They want people watching them while they pretend they're hard, they want the old bill stopping things from getting out of hand. The spectacle of it feeds their little egos and brings some tiny sense of worth to their lives.

Very sad, and very irritating and dangerous for fans who want nothing to do with it but are often caught in the crossfire.

Doesn't matter whether you've seen worse before or not, or how long or how much you've supported the city, or who started it... it is inexcusable and it has no place at a football ground now.

Nibor

Archived