IGNORED

Troublemakers A Disgrace

deadratinmycider

As the "grow up sunshine" was aimed at me, the first thing I have to say is no worries, water off a ducks back and all that sort of thing.

As a 38 year old season ticket holder who has followed city all my life I am entitled to my opinion. I have three children who I would like to take to the game with me, but do pick and choose the games to try and aviod problems from the hoolie element.

I respect comments from the likes of wolfy & Co and accept that hoolies may also be classed as followers or fans - For me I just wish they were not!!! I have nothing in common with them, even though I was born and breed in Knowle I hate the nasty aggressive side to following footy, like EDR I play both footy and rugby and that is where I vent my anger and excess energy.

The spotty face lads in burberry make this grown up sick, but the hoolie backers on here are right about one thing there is little will (dispite the words on the website) with Colin and the directors to really sort it out. So it will continue

The clubs hands are tied by most of the stuff going on in other grounds, weak courts and poor policing in the main (heavy handed at Walsall no where to be seen at other times like notts county as seats are ripped up and throw (most of them landing on other city fans lower down the stand.

There are many different reasons that cause people get involved in trouble at football. It's a mistake to just tar them all with the same brush. A small number will set out with an intention of causing trouble. Some will simply have too much to drink and end up getting involved. Some will take offence at abuse from opposing supporters. I know for a fact that some get involved for the chance to have a go at the police, and really have nothing against the opposing fans. But people don't want to look at the underlying reasons. It's so much easier to just dismiss them all as 'mindless hooligans', 'not real fans' etc.. But, as someone said earlier. They will always be there. Violence happens in every city centre. It happens in pubs. It happens at football. It's, unfortunately, a fact of life now. But I think that your chances of getting injured while attending a football match are still very slim indeed.

I do not consider myself self righteous, I just don't understand these people in a very literal sense. Why is causing someone pain, broken skin and broken bones so rewarding? It proves you're 'harder' than them? Well there's probably always going to be someone who can do the same back and then some, so what a futile point to make!

And to say it's nothing to do with the club is ridiculous. Inside or outside of the ground, these people give the club a bad name and can only tarnish it's image. It's these idiots that let over zealous thugs in uniforms believe they are justified whacking innocent people with batons (although I accept that they too are also in a minority). What positives come from such actions? How does it attract investment, through vocal or financial support?

And whilst they can hide down back streets and claim it doesn't affect anyone else, how much money do you think is spent on the Football Intelligence Units in CID's around the country. Tax payers money. Our money. I bet these are the same people that moan about how rubbish the police are and how rubbish our schools are, the NHS is and what a terrible state the country is in...

Yes, I don't understand the way they think...

Guest voda red
Colin Sexstone has branded the "city fans" intent on causing trouble at Hull,

a disgrace. Now I wasn't at the game so I can't comment, there are 20 arrests

so far. Where there many hoolies there?

The funniest piece of the article on the main site has to be the bit where it

says "two policemen were injured in the scuffles (not funny) also 3 policemen

were taken to hospital after being bitten by their own dogs"!!!!

Now I shouldn't laugh, but.... :D  ;)  :(  :D

Maybe if the team showed a bit of fight , the fans wouldnt have to ! :@

Guest voda red
Colin Sexstone has branded the "city fans" intent on causing trouble at Hull,

a disgrace. Now I wasn't at the game so I can't comment, there are 20 arrests

so far. Where there many hoolies there?

The funniest piece of the article on the main site has to be the bit where it

says "two policemen were injured in the scuffles (not funny) also 3 policemen

were taken to hospital after being bitten by their own dogs"!!!!

Now I shouldn't laugh, but.... :D  ;)  :(  :D

What a sad thread - the answer is simple,

lock up the hooligans in the crowd who:-

project any missile

or refuse to obey the instructions of a steward or policeman

or continue to use obscene language after a warning

- for a minimum of a month

send off and ban any player who:-

approaches the referee or one of his assistants

or swears at any of them

or "dives" in the opinion of any of them

or encroaches at a free kick

- for a minimum of 6 games

As the "grow up sunshine" was aimed at me, the first thing I have to say is no worries, water off a ducks back and all that sort of thing.

As a 38 year old season ticket holder who has followed city all my life I am entitled to my opinion. I have three children who I would like to take to the game with me, but do pick and choose the games to try and aviod problems from the hoolie element.

I respect comments from the likes of wolfy & Co and accept that hoolies may also be classed as followers or fans - For me I just wish they were not!!! I have nothing in common with them, even though I was born and breed in Knowle I hate the nasty aggressive side to following footy, like EDR I play both footy and rugby and that is where I vent my anger and excess energy.

The spotty face lads in burberry make this grown up sick, but the hoolie backers on here are right about one thing there is little will (dispite the words on the website) with Colin and the directors to really sort it out. So it will continue

The clubs hands  are tied by most of the stuff going on in other grounds, weak courts and poor policing in the main (heavy handed at Walsall no where to be seen at other times like notts county as seats are ripped up and throw (most of them landing on other city fans lower down the stand.

so its alright to punch and kick somebody on a rugby field where you vent your anger because thats seen as acceptable because its a hard game and thats what happens??? Rugby players get away with a lot more than football holligans do in my opinion. And as for those seats landing mainly on city fans lower in the stand - give it a rest!!

There are many different reasons that cause people get involved in trouble at football. It's a mistake to just tar them all with the same brush. A small number will set out with an intention of causing trouble. Some will simply have too much to drink and end up getting involved. Some will take offence at abuse from opposing supporters. I know for a fact that some get involved for the chance to have a go at the police, and really have nothing against the opposing fans. But people don't want to look at the underlying reasons. It's so much easier to just dismiss them all as 'mindless hooligans', 'not real fans' etc.. But, as someone said earlier. They will always be there. Violence happens in every city centre. It happens in pubs. It happens at football. It's, unfortunately, a fact of life now. But I think that your chances of getting injured while attending a football match are still very slim indeed.

Easy to say that your chances of getting hurt at a football match are slim when your'e stuck in Colarado. Perhaps you'd like to explain the "underlying reasons" behind football holiganism and propose a workable solution to the problem. Or perhaps your'e just taking PC psychobabble - or in plain English, making excuses for the pathetic little morons.

Guest voda red
Easy to say that your chances of getting hurt at a football match are slim when your'e stuck in Colarado. Perhaps you'd like to explain the "underlying reasons" behind football holiganism and propose a workable solution to the problem. Or perhaps your'e just taking PC psychobabble - or in plain English, making excuses for the pathetic little morons.

I think that this will always be here.I can remember the old eastend as a child when the likes of West ham and Spurs used to turn up. That really was scary when you were 9 years old. A lot has been done to stop trouble in grounds, but you cant do much to stop the trouble outside. with all of these hoolie books championing violance , I think it will get worse. :D

Sorry mate, but the way I see it is that they are a bunch of retarded delinquent chavs dressed in fake Burberry who have a latent aggression towards anything they don't understand or feel threatened by.  Nothing more, nothing less.  To suggest that they are members of some misunderstood culture is laughable, and if the code is unwritten, it's simply because they're too thick to write.

You credit them with far too much intelligence.

Sorry to say this mate, But you just havent got a clue have you.

Sorry to say this mate, But you just havent got a clue have you.

So what's your take on it? The way I see it is it's a bunch or burberry clad chav retards trading threats, insults and 'fixtures' with each other. Other than the fact that they 'support' different football teams, they are identical in every other respect. Ironic really that they choose to square up to each other...they'd make great Chav allies!

I can't believe people on here try to give justification and make excuses for this underclass. As for the 'culture' argument! Don't make me laugh. They're an embarrassment....or perhaps I'm wrong and I should take pride in our hooligan element? Please enlighten me as you seem to be in the know.

I think one thing everyone would agree on is that a football ground should be a safe environment for all. Just as our streets etc.

The reality is neither are totally safe but belive me I feel much safer inside a football ground than on many of the U.K.s streets, last Saturday's events inclunded.

It's quite apparent to me that the atmosphere at Hull is regualrly a hostile and intimidatity one. The scene of pointing outside to the away enclosure and pretending to slit throats were examples of this. As well as the ridculous scene of a Hull fan in a white puffer jacket shadow boxing in from of a potential rival in the away end at half time, before going back to sit beside, his wife /girlfriend (lucky lady).

All this attracted a larger than usual "hooligan" following, that must be obvious to all. It's quite right that some of Saturday's events are seen as not acceptable and acts of physical violence is definately anti social behaviour. But at the same time there was a big game atmosphere at the ground an edge if you like. This is not un-common if you have follwed City to Cardiff, Stoke, Millwall, Burnley, Sheffield United and many others.

The clubs and the authorities police the game reasonably well these days and Saturday was the exception rather than the rule. Can we say the same of our town and City centre's. I suspect not, now that 24 hour drinking is on the horizon.

So what's your take on it? The way I see it is it's a bunch or burberry clad chav retards trading threats, insults and 'fixtures' with each other. Other than the fact that they 'support' different football teams, they are identical in every other respect. Ironic really that they choose to square up to each other...they'd make great Chav allies!

I can't believe people on here try to give justification and make excuses for this underclass. As for the 'culture' argument! Don't make me laugh. They're an embarrassment....or perhaps I'm wrong and I should take pride in our hooligan element? Please enlighten me as you seem to be in the know.

The FACT is mate there is a sub culture in football and there has been for 30 plus years. If you cant get your head round it by now ..... well. You have got your own views on it, and I'm not here to try and change your mind. You don't understand it though do you.The funny thing is , they look upon people who go to football matches be-decked in club colours as the underclass !!. I can see what you are trying to get at, i take my 10 year old most weeks and obviously want to keep him safe, but its a fact of football that there will be incidents now and then.

The FACT is mate there is a sub culture in football and there has been for 30 plus years. If you cant get your head round it by now ..... well. You have got your own views on it, and I'm not here to try and change your mind. You don't understand it though do you.The funny thing is , they look upon people who go to football matches be-decked in club colours as the underclass !!. I can see what you are trying to get at, i take my 10 year old most weeks and obviously want to keep him safe, but its a fact of football that there will be incidents now and then.

Yeah, been here all of ten months :whistle: But followed City home and away for about twenty years previous to that. Reading some of the posts here you could get the impression that you're risking your life by attending a football match. The reality is that you're a thousand times safer at a game than you'd be in the centre of any town on a Friday night.

As for me proposing a "workable solution" to the problem. Well, if someone's going to pay me some decent money to do so, then I'd have a go at it. Otherwise, I'll just leave it to those, like yourself, who are oh so concerned about a few guys getting involved in a punch up at a match. :cool:

You're right to say that there is a sub-culture of violence surrounding football, and it isn't just in the UK - it's all around the world.

However, that doesn't mean that we shouldn't do everything in our power to fight, and ultimately destroy, this sub-culture. If the police had the freedom to line these scumbag no-hopers up against a wall and shoot them after a match that would be a start. These people are sub-human anyway, so getting rid of them would be no loss to the human race.

And those of you who seek to justify their actions and act as their apologists would find yourselves up against the wall as well.

Wasn't it Stalin who said that it'e better to punish the innocent than to let a guilty man go free? Wise words.

It makes me wonder how many of the comments on here are made by people who have no awareness of the world we live in today!!!!!

Did any of you "real fans" attend games in the 70's, 80's or 90's?

Violence both organised and sporadic was an every game occurence week in week out, without fail.

Nothing really happened in the ground that was anything near as bad as you would see at a football ground 20 years ago, or at a mod/rockers/northern soul/skins/punk gig.....delete where appropriate event.

Where were you lot when the East End, Dolman and Open End were a wash with Hooligans? I doubt if you were writing letters to the Evil Post or WDP........ scraping in the park, a twinkle in your fathers eye......Saturday was nothing that bad....If only you knew what goes on before and after football matches up & down the country every week; all clubs have hooligans not just ours.

Doesn't make it right, I know; but it really is a lot better now than it used to be!

It makes me wonder how many of the comments on here are made by people who have no awareness of the world we live in today!!!!!

Did any of you "real fans" attend games in the 70's, 80's or 90's?

Violence both organised and sporadic was an every game occurence week in week out, without fail.

Nothing really happened in the ground that was anything near as bad as you would see at a football ground 20 years ago, or at a mod/rockers/northern soul/skins/punk gig.....delete where appropriate event.

Where were you lot when the East End, Dolman and Open End were a wash with Hooligans? I doubt if you were writing letters to the Evil Post or WDP........ scraping in the park, a twinkle in your fathers eye......Saturday was nothing that bad....If only you knew what goes on before and after football matches up & down the country every week; all clubs have hooligans not just ours.

Doesn't make it right, I know; but it really is a lot better now than it used to be!

We know it goes on to a degree through our own experiences and we're saying it's not acceptable.

Just because hooliganism used to be worse, doesn't make milder forms ok now.

If someone was stuffing dog crap through your letterbox every day for a year but after that cut it down to twice a week, would you say that was ok and nothing to moan about as it's not as bad as it used to be?

Your missing my point Slinky!

You have supported City since 1964 and you were there at Hull on Saturday, right. Can you honestly say that the trouble YOU PERSONALLY witnessed was really that bad and nothing worse than handbags at dawn, was it anywhere near the the violent situations you see on a Friday or Sat night in the town Centre, a place that should be arguably as safe as a football stadium?

Was the Violence of the 70's 80's and 90's in the same league as the " so called trouble" on Saturday?

Vioence is not exceptable in a football ground, maybe players some; of which are huge role models to kids and young adults a like should realise this then maybe the supporters would follow suit, until we get rid of heavy handed policing with unexperienced officers guiding inept stewards football will never rid itself of the hooligan minority.

Your missing my point Slinky!

You have supported City since 1964 and you were there at Hull on Saturday, right. Can you honestly say that the trouble YOU PERSONALLY witnessed was really that bad and nothing worse than handbags at dawn, was it anywhere near the the violent situations you see on a Friday or Sat night in the town Centre, a place that should be arguably as safe as a football stadium?

Was the Violence of the 70's 80's and 90's in the same league as the " so called trouble" on Saturday?

No, it was not as bad as things used to be on a regular basis through the 70s and 80s. But it was bad enough.

A bit of posturing is to be expected when opposing fans are that close. The segregation could and should have been bigger. I accept that. We should have been in the middle blocks with both corners netted off. Or even in the other corner for that matter as the home supporters there did not seem as bad.

But when people start throwing bottles, bits of seats and coins then that is a very different matter. An object thrown into a crowd is just as likely to do someone serious injury now as it was when hooliganism was at it's worst.

What I saw was inexcusable and shamed our club. No amount of 'not as bad as it was' comments will change that fact.

No, it was not as bad as things used to be on a regular basis through the 70s and 80s. But it was bad enough.

A bit of posturing is to be expected when opposing fans are that close. The segregation could and should have been bigger. I accept that. We should have been in the middle blocks with both corners netted off. Or even in the other corner for that matter as the home supporters there did not seem as bad.

But when people start throwing bottles, bits of seats and coins then that is a very different matter. An object thrown into a crowd is just as likely to do someone serious injury now as it was when hooliganism was at it's worst.

What I saw was inexcusable and shamed our club. No amount of 'not as bad as it was' comments will change that fact.

You said it yourself....the answer in stopping people throwing objects at each other lies in the POOR SEGREGATION OF FANS.

If the two sets of supporters would have had adequate segregation there would be no physical way that missiles would have been able to injure anyone in the crowd, innocent or otherwise.

If the fans were correctly seggregated and policed, week in week out and not pathetically stewarded by bullying stewards, who will gladly tell your kid to sit down, but do nothing to stop missiles being thrown (Cardiff, Hull Stewards Police/Stewards)by anyone who opposes them then fans wouldn't get away with it.

As we have seen up & down the country the thugs are not always on the wrong side of the law.

You said it yourself....the answer in stopping people throwing objects at each other lies in the POOR SEGREGATION OF FANS.

Absolute Bollards.

That is what you call treating the symptom rather than the cause. Segregration is only there to cater for the 100 or so prats that will try and start a fight over a game of football.

The answer is in stopping moronic little chavs from going anywhere near a football ground and preferably in locking them up in some borstal somewhere.

How you can even try to defend or justify retards who throw chairs into a crowd containing children I have no idea.

Nibor

Archived